run_vick_run

I really don't get what you people are saying for duke riley

37 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

We won the game with good defence and the guy is covering for deion jones. Seen the game up to the half. Watch the Ripley and the guy played great

giphy.gif

Jpowers likes this

11 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'd be willing to put a few bucks down that Brees and Payton will be in Riley's kitchen over the middle all game long. If he doesn't play well, he's going to get blown up.

Man I was having a good morning until you literally just spelllwd out the winning formula and likely game plan. Dude couldn’t even tackle a little receiver who was looking in the opposite direction. I honestly don’t remember him making even one impact play. I hope to see more oloukun hope I spelled that right. I ride with duke as long as he has the red and black but I haven’t even seen flashes yet. 

PokerSteve likes this

13 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

We won the game with good defence and the guy is covering for deion jones. Seen the game up to the half. Watch the Ripley and the guy played great

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dude I would LOVE for him to play at a Worrilow level. NOBODY is expecting Probowl caliber play, but maybe be the first guy to the ball here and there. He is playing MLB and all.

I understand he isn't playing at the level most reasonable people have expected him to but he does have a lot of pressure put on him from the coaching staff, his fellow players, and the fans.  I can understand his anxiety but I believe once he gets more experience he will start showing signs of improvement.

11 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'd be willing to put a few bucks down that Brees and Payton will be in Riley's kitchen over the middle all game long. If he doesn't play well, he's going to get blown up.

The bad part about this is that he shouldn't have a kitchen.  Bad coaching will eat you alive.  You should use players to their strengths.  Duke is a decent MLB, but not by himself as Debo is.  They should probably put Ishmel back there with him.

PokerSteve likes this

10 hours ago, don l said:

The best chance Riley has at helping us on D is if he causes Brees and Payton to end up hospitalized with priapism after they watch his game tape.  

I can't believe this doesn't have five dozen likes.  Funniest thing I've seen on here in a month. 

(Yes I had to google it :ninja:)

don l likes this

If we pick off the bad passes we caused with pressure, the game looks completely different, even if Carolina catches every throw themselves. I agree, defense didn’t play as bad as people say...I think we do enough to slow down NO today and walk out with the win

I think as fans, we're just spoiled to have early hits on our draft picks. From Matt & Julio being spectacular their rookie years to Dieon and Campbell being great picks and Keanu was just icing on the cake.

Every draft pick isn't going to be lights out in year 1. Riley has his faults, but he's a 2nd year player trying to fill the shoes of a top 3-5 MLB. 

13 hours ago, birdsnflight said:

If he didn't play that bad then why did Quinn pull him that last series? He's not improving enough to warrant a starting spot on this defense.

Our time is now. Not bouncing off receivers letting them go for......never mind. I'm not even.

Quinn has been quoted saying it was because riley was gassed.