Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

run_vick_run

I really don't get what you people are saying for duke riley

37 posts in this topic

We won the game with good defence and the guy is covering for deion jones. Seen the game up to the half. Watch the Ripley and the guy played great

31 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

We won the game with good defence and the guy is covering for deion jones. Seen the game up to the half. Watch the Ripley and the guy played great

Go back watch the game - Duke is very average at best and actually that’s a compliment 

vitaman likes this

You didn't watch close enough.  The Falcons got lucky a bit on defense.  Take the first drive for example.  The Panthers run a WR right into Duke's zone and he doesn't see it at all, but Cam throws the ball low and the WR drops it.  Panthers settle for a FG.

Brees will not throw that ball low tomorrow.

birdsnflight likes this

1 hour ago, FZero said:

Brees like every other human qb does miss on passes...because they're human. Duke is human. He is not garbage. He played ok like op said. Stop expecting pro bowl performances from early replacements. Every year every week ppl are crying about something. 

It just so happens that Brees is a human with the best completion % of all time. 

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

It just so happens that Brees is a human with the best completion % of all time. 

I'd be willing to put a few bucks down that Brees and Payton will be in Riley's kitchen over the middle all game long. If he doesn't play well, he's going to get blown up.

If he didn't play that bad then why did Quinn pull him that last series? He's not improving enough to warrant a starting spot on this defense.

Our time is now. Not bouncing off receivers letting them go for......never mind. I'm not even.

Dude has 7 or so starts and currently playing a new position and for some reason if he isn't playing at a pro bowl level he needs to get cut.  I'd hate to be their children because they would be disowned for not being the next Jeff Bezos.

Oh gosh. I’ll admit that I can typically be a little more slightly homerish by saying a certain unit or player was good, but I certainly have to disagree with the, “won the game with good defense,” comment. We won that game because of the offense. The defense was not good. Very little pressure against a makeshift OL and frequently missed tackles and bad angles in pursuit. 

Defense absolutely must step up against the Saints even with the injuries on the defense. 

Riley has looked lost most of the time out there, regardless of what position he's been playing. It's okay to say that he's playing terrible when he has been. After all this is pro ball, not your kids lil league. You don't get an A for effort in the NFL. 

We have seen guys turn it around after rough starts to there career before, but given the expectations, it's fair to say that he's been a let down to this point. I would love to be proven wrong here, but I honestly haven't even seen him flash much of anything to date to get overly excited about. 

That being said, someone needs to be a hero on that defense tomorrow, hope someone can step up and deliver, may as well be Riley...let's get it!

falconsrus likes this

6 hours ago, FZero said:

Brees like every other human qb does miss on passes...because they're human. Duke is human. He is not garbage. He played ok like op said. Stop expecting pro bowl performances from early replacements. Every year every week ppl are crying about something. 

You have no clue what you're watching if you think he played great. Just wrong. Fact not opinion.

5 hours ago, jeebus said:

Dude has 7 or so starts and currently playing a new position and for some reason if he isn't playing at a pro bowl level he needs to get cut.  I'd hate to be their children because they would be disowned for not being the next Jeff Bezos.

Dude I would LOVE for him to play at a Worrilow level. NOBODY is expecting Probowl caliber play, but maybe be the first guy to the ball here and there. He is playing MLB and all.

6 hours ago, FZero said:

LOL. OP didn't say he was OK. He said he played GREAT. Do those words mean the same thing or are you the same poster? Both are new accounts.

Na..... Riley is garbage. I'd like to see him play at a starters level. Bring back Worrilow. Yeah I'd rather have Paul Worrilow than Duke always in the wrong place Riley. "All gas no breaks" more like "all gas no plays"