Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rightsaidfred

Snitker

7 posts in this topic

As I write this the Braves are up 4-0. I'm hoping they hang on and clinch the Division. 

Originally, Newcomb was slated to pitch today. Newcomb can be outstanding, but he has also struggled of late, and his home record is not good. 

When I heard he has been moved to the BP, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the magic number is 2, with 10 games left. IMO, Cox would have stuck with him. 

But Snitker is apparently already playing in playoff mode. It makes so much sense to me: replace struggling Newcomb, and try to clinch as early as possible. This gives the starters a chance to rest - which they need, and also time to play others and gauge who will make the post season 25.

I like it. It's the playoff mentality of going for the throat. Kudos to Snitker. JMO.......

They just skipped Newcomb's start this time through the order because of his struggles at home lately. He'll get a start next week as an audition for the playoffs. Teheran's audition start was last night and it was great. Me personally, I think it should depend on if the game is at home or on the road. If it's home go with Julio, if it's road go with Newcomb. For as much crap as Newcomb has gotten lately, his last 4 road starts have been great.

Sean Newcomb's last 4 road starts.

• July 23rd - at MIA - 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 5 SO
  • Aug 7th - at WAS - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 6 SO
  • Aug 23rd - at MIA - 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 3 BB, 8 SO
  • Sep 10th - at SF - 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 HR, 0 BB, 8 SO
  • TOTALS - 24 IP, 14 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 HR, 9 BB, 27 SO, 1.13 ERA

Sean Newcomb's last 5 home starts.

• Aug 12th - MIL - 4 IP, 12 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 2 SO
  • Aug 17th - COL - 5 1/3 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 0 HR, 3 BB, 5 SO
  • Aug 29th - TB - 4 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 HR, 2 BB, 7 SO
  • Sep 4th - BOS - 4 1/3 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 HR, 5 BB, 2 SO
  • Sep 16th - WAS - 3 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 HR, 2 BB, 3 SO
  • TOTALS - 20 2/3 IP, 39 H, 26 R, 26 ER, 5 HR, 14 BB, 19 SO, 11.32 ERA

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They just skipped Newcomb's start this time through the order because of his struggles at home lately. He'll get a start next week as an audition for the playoffs. Teheran's audition start was last night and it was great. Me personally, I think it should depend on if the game is at home or on the road. If it's home go with Julio, if it's road go with Newcomb. For as much crap as Newcomb has gotten lately, his last 4 road starts have been great.

Im no expert but the announcers said Newcomb was out of the rotation and in the BP

2 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Im no expert but the announcers said Newcomb was out of the rotation and in the BP

Only for this weekend. AJC talked to Snitker yesterday and he said Newcomb will return to rotation after this series.