Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just because he's back doesn't mean he isn't hurt. Abraham had a groin issue that lasted forever but he just played through it. Groin issues don't disappear in a few days.

Agreed. But nobody knew the extent of his injury. Nobody knows the details. Everyone just made assumptions that it was severe. If he’s practicing less than a week after the injury, it’s not that serious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Agreed. But nobody knew the extent of his injury. Nobody knows the details. Everyone just made assumptions that it was severe. If he’s practicing less than a week after the injury, it’s not that serious. 

Considering they threw Keanu back in the Eagles game I'm not gonna assume it isn't serious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just because he's back doesn't mean he isn't hurt. Abraham had a groin issue that lasted forever but he just played through it. Groin issues don't disappear in a few days.

Hopefully it's just not that big a deal. I hope we aren't rushing a groin pull back too soon, and we end up losing him for 6 games in the middle or end of the season... I'm worried that's what we are doing.

Obviously that's worry with absolutely no information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons DE Takk McKinley (groin) returned to practice Friday.

McKinley wore his helmet to Friday's practice and joined Atlanta's defense on the field following special teams drills. After an injury forced him to exit the Falcons' Week 2 matchup against the Panthers, McKinley appears on track to suit up against the Saints in another pivotal division game Sunday.
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It never was. Takk or no Takk. Football teams overcome injuries all the time. Is Takk really a more valuable player than Freeman? Doubt it

Without getting into who's more valuable (hard to measure that anyway when it's offense vs. defense), all I'll say is, I'd rather have Free out than Takk. Tevin can carry the load. Not sure I can currently say the same for any DE behind Takk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Fair enough. We will see. Hope for the best 

Yeah man you might have jumped the gun with your first post. Could be a game time decision with ineffective results followed by a weeks long shutdown. We may get to see what Means really Means or maybe even a Beasley sighting. Good luck to them all. Breesus is hard to get on the ground with his short drops, look aways, pocket slides and other Jedi mind tricks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Without getting into who's more valuable (hard to measure that anyway when it's offense vs. defense), all I'll say is, I'd rather have Free out than Takk. Tevin can carry the load. Not sure I can currently say the same for any DE behind Takk.

Bigger point is Tevin’s gonna get nicked up too though...based on the fact he’s a RB with history of missing PT due to injuries

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Betcha free is back before folks think he will as well.

As long as Coleman and Ito play well (we'll see if Ito can keep it up a second week) I'd say let Freeman get totally healed.

That's the luxury depth gives you...you can let your top players get back to 90%.  At DE, we're nowhere near having 3 deep (which would be 6 deep at DE since two start).  We don't have as much of a luxury.  Though I wish they'd let Takk get back to good and not risk further injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...