tl;dr

Phillies @ Braves

556 posts in this topic

Hopefully this is the last weekend we have to worry about the divisional race.

Thursday, 9/20 @ 7:30 PM ET

Velasquez vs. Gausman

Friday, 9/21 @ 7:35 PM ET

Pivetta vs. Teheran

Saturday, 9/22 @ 1:05 PM ET

Arrieta vs. Newcomb

Sunday, 9/23 @ 1:35 PM ET

Nola vs. Folty

With a sweep, we win the division. If we win 3/4 we need to have the Nats lose one game against the Mets (they have deGrom Friday night). Let's start by getting a win tonight and hoping for the best with Washington tonight. 

Edited by tl;dr

53 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Gotta win at least 2, if they lose 3 of 4 then they may as well miss the playoffs.

I think we can end it here. The Phillies have been the NL's worst team and they are the worst road team. Surely we can manage 2 wins.

Malachore likes this

Everyone is confused by the clinching scenario. Kelsey is now not sure if that's accurate. So I'm just saying win 3 if the magic number is 6. 

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Is this game on MLB Network? Sucks I don't have Extra Innings anymore. :(

It is, depending on where you live. You'll either get Braves/Phillies or Yanks/Sox

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Everyone is confused by the clinching scenario. Kelsey is now not sure if that's accurate. So I'm just saying win 3 if the magic number is 6. 

I'm not confused. Braves win 3 of 4 and they win the East if the Nats lose 1 game against the Mets. Nats are 7 games behind and 1.5 behind the Phillies. Say the Nats sweep the Mets and the Braves win 3 of 4 against the Phillies. That puts the Braves at 87-69 and the Nats at 81-75. That puts them 6 games behind the Braves with 6 games to play for each. So, yeah, they could tie (If they win 6 straight and the Braves lose 6 straight), and force a 1-game tiebreaker. So Nats must lose once and Braves win 3 of 4 against the Phillies for the Braves to clinch. Or the Braves could sweep the Phillies and end it without regards to what the Nationals do.

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not confused. Braves win 3 of 4 and they win the East if the Nats lose 1 game against the Mets. Nats are 7 games behind and 1.5 behind the Phillies. Say the Nats sweep the Mets and the Braves win 3 of 4 against the Phillies. That puts the Braves at 87-69 and the Nats at 81-75. That puts them 6 games behind the Braves with 6 games to play for each. So, yeah, they could tie (If they win 6 straight and the Braves lose 6 straight), and force a 1-game tiebreaker. So Nats must lose once and Braves win 3 of 4 against the Phillies for the Braves to clinch. Or the Braves could sweep the Phillies and end it without regards to what the Nationals do.

Yea.. don’t know why everyone is confused... :lol:

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

58 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yea.. don’t know why everyone is confused... :lol:

It's so simple! :ninja:

TheTrue7 likes this

Lmao I have Yanks/Sox in Birmingham. Wouldn't be a problem, but of course, SportSouth is the only station that isn't working right now. 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Lmao I have Yanks/Sox in Birmingham. Wouldn't be a problem, but of course, SportSouth is the only station that isn't working right now. 

I believe if you're in market you won't get it so that it doesn't take away from the local station.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

I believe if you're in market you won't get it so that it doesn't take away from the local station.

It's an issue though when the local station isn't working. It's not a SportSouth problem, but a Charter problem of course.