Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United Playoff Thread

11 posts in this topic

This subforum remains a little on the slower trafficked side so we're going to go ahead and call it 5 games early and merge into the playoff thread ahead of schedule. 

Capped a huge comeback tonight, securing a playoff home game and maybe even a first round bye by Sunday if the results shake out.

Josef has now extended his record to 30 with this stoppage time game winner

Atlanta go 5 points clear in the shield race,  9 in the Champions League. We're also still alive for the all time points record. Tonight's win makes us the winningest road team in a single season.

From what I saw of Sundays game, they didn't do much.  

If I was Martino, I'd be concerned that another game against a challenger went by the wayside.

So when do the playoffs start then? Honestly I wish MLS would stop messing around and adopt the table style everyone else does where you win the league outright instead of this playoff bullcrap.

On 13/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, Zone#7 said:

So when do the playoffs start then? Honestly I wish MLS would stop messing around and adopt the table style everyone else does where you win the league outright instead of this playoff bullcrap.

A week after the last league game, so what's that going to be, 27/28th October? 

With more teams joining the MLS in the not too distant future, even less chance of a regular league style.

Some major international outlets reving up the Tata to Mexico rumors so it's looking likely we might be losing our coach at seasons end. Which is kind of neat having an MLS manager coveted by one of the top teams in our hemisphere but anyway.. .

I've seen the River Plate manager as potentially one of our target replacements. Would be smart to keep the South American pipeline Tata built.

Alternatively. ...Klinsman? :ninja: (runs and hides)

On 10/16/2018 at 11:19 PM, AF89 said:

Some major international outlets reving up the Tata to Mexico rumors so it's looking likely we might be losing our coach at seasons end. Which is kind of neat having an MLS manager coveted by one of the top teams in our hemisphere but anyway.. .

I've seen the River Plate manager as potentially one of our target replacements. Would be smart to keep the South American pipeline Tata built.

Alternatively. ...Klinsman? :ninja: (runs and hides)

Yuck. That would be like three steps back.

Think about this. I saw a rumor that Arsenal is interested in Miguel Almiron as a potential replacement for Aaron Ramsey, and a lot of fans like the idea. That's the kind of talent Tata has drawn and cultivated that it's catching the interest of fans overseas. 

Clinched the prize that comes with the Shield today in a Champions League spot but not the hardware itself.

Also tied Toronto`s season points record.

Will probably have to beat them to secure record and trophy (we've drawn 2 all in all 3 franchise meetings)

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Yuck. That would be like three steps back.

Think about this. I saw a rumor that Arsenal is interested in Miguel Almiron as a potential replacement for Aaron Ramsey, and a lot of fans like the idea. That's the kind of talent Tata has drawn and cultivated that it's catching the interest of fans overseas. 

Id think hed be fine MLS manager but we SHOULD focus on shoring up the South American pipeline.

Don't think anyone posted it yet but we reportedly signed 25 year old Pity Martinez out of River Plate (from very credible sources the deal is done.) and my educated guess is he was told who the next manager would be (possibly his current)