GET-ME-A-DB-TD

This is Teco's moment....

48 posts in this topic

Yes I know in the "Brotherhood" they all nursing each other with Ba Ba's when their teammates are injured BUT.... You don't think for a SECOND that Coleman isn't lickin his chops? This is that dudes chance to grow roots while Freeman gets weeded out. If Tevin can produce SEVERAL 100yd games and Free doesn't come back for 3-4 weeks.... He gonna be gone and we're gonna have a 3rd/4rth rnd pick from somebody. Ito played pretty darn good for a rook in a reserve role and T balled out. If they show out again this week, You may not see Freeman again till like week 8 after he is FULLY healed and becomes trade bait for the off season.

Bottom line with a banged up defense Id expect a definite turn to a TOP ball control offense the next 2 weeks if not longer. Which means Teco and Ito will likely be getting more carries. Coleman is going run for money, and yes I hope he resigns here, its got to be a priority.

Tim Mazetti likes this

If TECO contines to wild out like he did yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see the FO cut bait on Freeman and re-sign Coleman. You have to question how much more Freeman's body (and brain) can take of this.

Tim Mazetti likes this

And we could have had him as the bell cow for years if he hadn't gotten hurt.  I wonder if Freeman's people barked about his money the week of the Superbowl because they realized Coleman would take back the attention at some point.  They're going to regret paying Freeman all that when Coleman walks to an NFC team.

Knight of God and Tim Mazetti like this

34 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

That contract to Freeman was stupid. Waste of Money. We should have traded him or left him run out his contract.

YOU DONT PAY YOUR RUNNINGBACKS!

Yea I think he has already checked mentally. 

Only thing when watching coleman that still concerns me is not switching with the ball. On sunday when he made that huge run If he switches it to his right hand , he probably stiff arms the defender and takes it the distance. Nitpicking ik but still 

actually saw it a few times sunday

Edited by caponine

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

If TECO contines to wild out like he did yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see the FO cut bait on Freeman and re-sign Coleman. You have to question how much more Freeman's body (and brain) can take of this.

I could really see the FO signing Teco and dropping Free who is oft injured (concussions/knee).... Use Ito as the back up and draft a power back in rounds 4-7

RiseUpFalcs likes this

Just glad to see that our run game does not revolve around one guy  (Ito looked good).  I love Free, the man embodies the fight and spirit of what this team is and he always gives you his best effort.  I ain't mad at Falcons for signing him to that contract but anyone who loves RBs could see that Teco is special and has always had more upside.  He just keeps getting better and better to the point where I think some of us are thinking 2015 and not 2018.  Free use to be a much better runner but Teco is pretty close now (in his own style).  I think he's a slightly better receiver and definitely a better blocker on top of his speed. Teco needs to shine as he deserves to get paid whether it is us or someone else (not NFC South..don't want to face him if he leaves).  Read around teams are scared of Coleman and we would be too.

Edited by Monolith2001
caponine and kiwifalcon like this

Coleman reminds me of McFadden...he is sneaky north south....not a banger, but if he gets a seam he is galloping through it. He is not nearly as a dept at  cutbacks though because of his average vision and often times below average wiggle. Those off tackles where he gets a sliver of daylight though....

He is the epitome of a 2-4 yard a rush guy until he pops a 20+.

Freeman is much better in his vision and cuts, but doesnt have the same top end.

3 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Coleman reminds me of McFadden...he is sneaky north south....not a banger, but if he gets a seam he is galloping through it. He is not nearly as a dept at  cutbacks though because of his average vision and often times below average wiggle. Those off tackles where he gets a sliver of daylight though....

Freeman is much better in his vision and cuts, but doesnt have the same top end.

His vision has become much better and so has his cutbacks. The gap between him and freeman have closed 

Monolith2001 and HASHBROWN3 like this

so how would it work if we signed teco to a big contract and let freeman go?  would we still have to pay freeman outrageous sums of money bc of the big contract?  Or if we traded him would another team pay all that money?  someone said above we'd get a third rounder for him? 

basically how would we also give a large contract to teco?

45 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Big fan of Free but I'm tired of hearing all these tired, old lies.  This load of doo doo was put out there a couple years ago by those that were threatened by TECO. He can wiggle if he chooses but that's not his game.  He makes people look stupid with his cuts man!  He has superior explosion to DF too.  So he doesn't necessarily need to juke/wiggle his way around defenders.  He breaks their ankles once & then explodes to space with elite acceleration.  Why is it so hard to just love both guys?  I never got that & still don't today.  

I am not happy with Freeman right now.  I truly feel he should have taken care of his knee early in the off-season to eliminate any risk.  Hindsight is always 20-20 but after 1 game this year, it was a horrible decision.   Now we hear that it's a combination of a contusion & re-aggravation of the ligaments.  

Everyone agrees that when healthy, Free is a dangerous, multi-faceted threat whose elusive running style gives teams fits.  But I am sick & tired of folks dismissing TECO's incredible skillsets.  Thank goodness we even have Tevin right now.  

There is more than legitimate concern about DF's future health right now.  Head & knee combined.  It's logical to be troubled about the team's future RB situation if TECO were to be allowed to walk. 

I don't have the answers but we should all be concerned with the ROI with regard to Devantae's ability to contribute now & in the future.  My sincere hope is that he clears & becomes a terror again for an extended amount of this season.  

Even if he does contribute 100% this year (& right now it's iffy) we have to accept the fact that he needs to have off-season surgery & rehab to begin the following season.  

I don't want to manufacture any further concerns or add conjecture, but there remains a possibility that he gets a procedure done during this season some time. It could potentially be a smart move because it allows him to heal & rehab, prevents him from sustaining further damage & allows him to be full go in the new year.

caponine, kiwifalcon and PokerSteve like this

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Yes I know in the "Brotherhood" they all nursing each other with Ba Ba's when their teammates are injured BUT.... You don't think for a SECOND that Coleman isn't lickin his chops? This is that dudes chance to grow roots while Freeman gets weeded out. If Tevin can produce SEVERAL 100yd games and Free doesn't come back for 3-4 weeks.... He gonna be gone and we're gonna have a 3rd/4rth rnd pick from somebody. Ito played pretty darn good for a rook in a reserve role and T balled out. If they show out again this week, You may not see Freeman again till like week 8 after he is FULLY healed and becomes trade bait for the off season.

I've said this the Falcons need to go ahead and bite the bullet and resign Coleman now that may or may not cost us someone on defense but free is getting to the point that Injuries are starting to mount.can he be counted on to play? A players best trait is availability..so resigning Coleman needs to be a priority sooner rather than later.

PokerSteve likes this

5 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

That contract to Freeman was stupid. Waste of Money. We should have traded him or left him run out his contract.

YOU DONT PAY YOUR RUNNINGBACKS!

Sooooooooooooo you don't want us to pay Teco?

We have to let Coleman go..  Let him shine this year and get our comp pick for losing him.

I like free .. The way dude runs energize the team... **** Matt has said it...  Also he is our best back...But... Not being available tho... The last couple of years... I see 2019 as his last year...  

Salary cap wise his cap hit goes up but man flat out..   You can find a good RB in the draft...

You see a ito smith..you have a matt brida..  Joe mixon.. Philip lindsay..  James conner..  kareem hunt...

I can go on and on .

HASHBROWN3 likes this

6 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

That is the crux of the issue. In the off-season, we could only speculate and hope that Freeman's health issues were behind him. That was going to be a tenuous hope because concussion issues don't go away, they get much more serious with each new occurrence.

RB is a dangerous profession and Free has become a victim of the attrition it produces. I wish he would just retire and not take any more punishment even though he possibly might have a year or two left. Those one or two seasons aren't guaranteed and the potential brain damage make it not worth even taking that risk.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

Only thing when watching coleman that still concerns me is not switching with the ball. On sunday when he made that huge run If he switches it to his right hand , he probably stiff arms the defender and takes it the distance. Nitpicking ik but still 

actually saw it a few times sunday

True, and he also got stripped but fumbled it out of bounds

I said in another post that I like Coleman and I think he can be a top back in certain systems.  I'm going out on a limb and say he goes for 100+ against the AINTS with 4 catches 40+ yards.  Ultimately, at the end of the season or near the end of the season we are going to have a hard decision to make no matter who has the hot hand. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Coleman. I'm thinking the franchise tag will be used. Or, the FO will try to sign Coleman to a deal that is based on his current numbers in comparison to other backs around the league. I definetly believe the Falcons will indeed try to retain him even if Freeman remains on the team as well. What will it cost? I have no idea. We as Falcons fans may hold TECO in higher regards than others around the league do, so I don't know if there is a potential bidding war for his services. I'm not saying that some team won't present him with a huge contract, because it does happen. I am saying that the RB position and big money contracts are scary to most front offices these days, so paying Coleman big money is risky when you can potentially just draft a younger stud.

1 hour ago, Dukeduke211 said:

True, and he also got stripped but fumbled it out of bounds

that’s the play im talking about to, if he switches hands with the ball , he is able to   stiff arm defender. Didnt hurt sunday but cant do that against saints

KCFalcon22 likes this