Is Duke Riley done?

11 minutes ago, Marco102 said:

Not saying he's Jones, but if you go back and look at threads about Debo during the first half of 16 you'll see what I mean.  

Like I also said, he's playing middle linebacker.  He's been playing the Will.  Once Debo comes back, you'll see Riley back at the Will regardless of how much you dislike him. 

You do know he only played 9 snaps in the first game right?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was yanked directly after his missed tackle with the game on the line. There's no way around that and I have no idea how he magically jumped Ish on the depth chart last year even though Ish has accomplished 10x more than Riley dreams of. He's done as a starter and we're much better off for it.

Ish/Foye/Nelson until Debo returns.

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Now Im no genius...and Im still figuring out all the intricacies of this defense just like Duke:ninja:....but being that he played mlb yesterday....wasn't CMC his responsibility out of the backfield??

Lol 

He played some MLB, and I think Campbell did as well. But yeah CMC was his responsibility. 

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Understand, still that one play is what really has people upset, with reason.

I don't know if the light is going to come on for the man, I do know that he has very little actual game experience and that Quinn continually praises him, which presumably means Riley looks great in practice. 

If he can just get to the point where he's making that tackle, and the proper read most of the time, then the Falcons get get by until Jones gets back.

Lots of people have given up on him, lets see if Quinn has.

IIRC, it took a significant number of games for the 'light to come on' for Debo and Neal and Campbell.   What, one-half or three-quarters of a season?

6 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

A great example of the hyperbole I was speaking on 

Look at a majority of their big running plays or when CMC caught the ball... and tell me that Duke was where Deion would be. For example, on a big play for Carolina for about 20 yards, not only only was Riley out of position but he took an angle that made him take a u shaped path and the runner ran right past him. I know it was a zone defense on the play but he sat and watched the RB catch the pass then decided after the guy started running that perhaps he should tackle him. Maybe. After he thought about it for a second then he ran in the direction where the player was. Not is going, was. He’s bad. I don’t know if snaps are going to get him up to speed. Deion is a tackle machine. Deion took games and games to get it but was still great in cover-1. Riley is a chicane in man or zone. Riley was responsible for a decent portion of that 4.2 ypp because we weren’t giving up much on the back end or in the run game. Until the fourth quarter, our defense and offense was dominating Carolina, and would have been even better if Deion wasn’t injured. 

Edited by droopy1592
4 minutes ago, Vepil said:

Quinn in the presser said Riley was gassed and they had to pull him. He said something along the lines of he was good and made some mistakes that were expected and they will continue to work with him. Same old same old coach speak.

Anyone would be gassed taking bad angles and being out of position. He had to run further than anyone else playing. 

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Lemme tell y’all something

When you get stiff armed by a rookie wide receiver and practically spring him forward for a 51 yd td, AND YOURE A LINEBACKER....

you need to be benched.  Borderline cut.  

This is another example where he looked terrible. It was as if he threw him into the end zone. 

28 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Still think he starts next week. What I hope is that we see improvement. 

He's looked the same since his rookie year and I'm beginning to have an irrational dislike for him after his social media antics and dancing as if he's an impact player.

If he starts next week, someone should make a #MeToo allegation against him on twitter to get this experiment over with for good.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

He's looked the same since his rookie year and I'm beginning to have an irrational dislike for him after his social media antics and dancing as if he's an impact player.

If he starts next week, someone should make a #MeToo allegation against him on twitter to get this experiment over with for good.

Or, you know,  you could hope the light comes on for him and he plays well, because, you know, it makes the falcons better.

I know the man hasn't played well, but he hasn't played 400 snaps in his career, and less than 50 as a MLB.

Swear some of you want him to fail just so you can be right,

Edit: just got the snap counts for the game [thanks @Tim Mazetti] 58 snaps at MLB.

1 hour ago, Vepil said:

Quinn in the presser said Riley was gassed and they had to pull him. He said something along the lines of he was good and made some mistakes that were expected and they will continue to work with him. Same old same old coach speak.

Seriously doubt they'd trash him publicly...but I'll be real disappointed if he starts again.