Is Duke Riley done?

RazorWing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Since quinn pulled Duke Riley on the last possesion on the game. Is this the last we see of him?

I'm guessing the whole reason he wasn't out there on the last procession is because there was no real threat of Carolina running the ball with the clock winding down & them needing a TD to tie the game. In that situation, you go to a package with an extra DB on the field in place of a LB in order to better cover the pass.

5 minutes ago, k-train said:

I'm guessing the whole reason he wasn't out there on the last procession is because there was no real threat of Carolina running the ball with the clock winding down & them needing a TD to tie the game. In that situation, you go to a package with an extra DB on the field in place of a LB in order to better cover the pass.

But Foye took his place.

I'm betting that he'll be out there again against the Saints.

Sincerely hope that Quinn is right about him  and that more game experience will allow the game to slow down for him.

The man has played less than 400 snaps of  defensive football in a year and two games.  Still too early to give up on him.

11 minutes ago, k-train said:

A for effort but MLB is not usually the one they take off the field.  Foye was out there.

7 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

A for effort but MLB is not usually the one they take off the field.  Foye was out there.

Because the MLB is usually Debo, who is one of the best coverage LBs in the NFL.

With Riley at MLB... not so much.

Seems like a decision that was based on personnel, not strictly based on position.

44 minutes ago, k-train said:

Oh there you go bringing actually logic and coaching strategy to the table!

Now you stop that! And stop it now! You common sense teller, you!

33 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If he tackles the WR on the long TD pass, lot less criticism of him today. Or if one of the other two falcons players there had tackled him, lot less criticism of him today.

If a If was a 5th we'd all be drunk

Only credit I give him is he was in position when he needed to be. But when you don't finish the job you deserve to be criticized. Even if the other players had made the tackle, Duke would still catch **** because he was first to make contact

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If a If was a 5th we'd all be drunk

Only credit I give him is he was in position when he needed to be. But when you don't finish the job you deserve to be criticized. Even if the other players had made the tackle, Duke would still catch **** because he was first to make contact

Doesn't change my point, that one play is coloring everybody's evaluation of his  game. 

We'll find out soon enough what Quinn thinks. If he's starting next week, means DQ hasn't given up on him.

1 hour ago, k-train said:

We didn't fear the run the drive before either and he was still out there. I think it could be telling he got pulled after being flat footed in his zone, then missing the very tackle that allowed that td to get the game closer.