Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknøwn

Cardinals @ Braves

199 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

IF the Phillies lose tonight the Braves can clinch the East on Saturday.

Can't we clinch Saturday even if they win tonight?

29 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Can't we clinch Saturday even if they win tonight?

Nope, that half a game makes it tricky. If they enter at 5.5 out and we take 3 of 4 that's 7.5 out with 7 to play for us, they'd have 8 to play. They wouldn't be eliminated because they have a game Monday and we don't. So if they win tonight and lose 3 of 4 to us they would be 7.5 out with 8 to play. They would have to win all 8 and the Braves go 0-7 though.

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nope, that half a game makes it tricky. If they enter at 5.5 out and we take 3 of 4 that's 7.5 out with 7 to play for us, they'd have 8 to play. They wouldn't be eliminated because they have a game Monday and we don't. So if they win tonight and lose 3 of 4 to us they would be 7.5 out with 8 to play. They would have to win all 8 and the Braves go 0-7 though.

I thought our magic number is 6.

If we take the 1st 3 games then that should drop it to 0?

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I thought our magic number is 6.

If we take the 1st 3 games then that should drop it to 0?

Yeah, I guess that is correct the number is 6. In my scenario they'd be 7 out with 7 to play but the number is 6. So, either way I guess we win 3 and it's over. 

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yeah, I guess that is correct the number is 6. In my scenario they'd be 7 out with 7 to play but the number is 6. So, either way I guess we win 3 and it's over. 

I think in that case we also need the Nats to lose 1. With 3 losses the Phillies could fall behind the Nats

1 Nats L + 3 Braves W's=NL East title

The Braves did fall to the #3 seed. As of right now Games 1 & 2 of the NLDS would be in LA. Probably not the worst thing considering how bad we are at home. Dodgers are pulling away in the West. They've opened up a 2.5 game lead on Colorado because they just swept the Rockies in a 3 game series.