Unkn0wn

Cardinals @ Braves

199 posts in this topic

The REVENGE of the Cardinals from our sweep in St. Louis back in late June. 

But seriously, the Atlanta sports home issues, it's not just the Braves, the 2016 Falcons had a better road record than home record and all of the DAWGS biggest wins in 2017 were on the road or in white jerseys in neutral field, but lost at home (technically in Atlanta) in the national title game to Alabama wearing red home jerseys. 

Can we get one, ONE, Georgia team that will comfortably close things out down the stretch of a game, season, whatever without making us fans sweat it out with holter monitors and paper bags for hyperventilation? Good grief...

8 hours ago, dmite said:

Like that year we had 8.5 game lead over the Cardinals the last month and blew it.  Cardinals were hit though. 

That was 8.5 with 27 to play. Still bad but blowing a 6.5 with 12 would be worse. Now it's a 5.5 with 11 to go. The math on it makes it real tough. I think the Rockies might be our best friend. If we can't take care of our own business both the Phillies and Nats play 3 with Colorado. Phillies have to fly to Coors and the Nats final 3 are home against the Rockies. 

The matchups for that huge series this weekend..

Velazquez vs Gausman

Pivetta vs Teheran

Arrieta vs Newcomb

Nola vs Folty

Velazquez has a 7.52 in his last 7. Pivetta 5.56 in his last 19. Arrieta 6.02 in his last 7. 

If the Braves just salvage today's game they'll put the pressure on Philly to win tonight against Syndergaard. A Braves win and Phillies loss would drop the magic to 5 games. That means the Braves could clinch on Saturday if they take the first two games from Philly. So basically a 3 game winning streak would all but end it. If the Phillies go 6-2 on their upcoming road trip to Atlanta and Colorado they would need Atlanta to go 1-6 on their trip to New York and Philly. That would TIE the division and force a 1 game playoff. Phillies are the worst road team in the league and the Braves are the best. Despite our terrible play of late we still have a very firm grip.

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Does Dave not realize this is Atlanta sports we're talking about here?!?!?!

I don't care what Philly does tonight...we lose today and I think we're done.

Just now, slamee101 said:

Does Dave not realize this is Atlanta sports we're talking about here?!?!?!

I don't care what Philly does tonight...we lose today and I think we're done.

We're all just traumatized. It's the entire base, you can see it on any form of media.

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

We're all just traumatized. It's the entire base, you can see it on any form of media.

I'm not. There's no reason to believe the Braves will blow it.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not. There's no reason to believe the Braves will blow it.

I'm not either but I see it everywhere. Some people are claiming we've lost already. It's kind of amusing how quickly people jump ship.

I need to see a win here, this is a playoff team and you can't get swept at home in September and expect it to not get in the heads of players and fans.

10 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I've always thought the Cards gave the Braves fits over the years.  It seems like everytime we see the Cards they sweep us.

We swept them in STL earlier this year.