Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

With brees kryptonite out (jones) i feel a shootout coming

36 posts in this topic

I know everyone always expects a shootout when the falcons and saints play and it doesnt happen as much as one would think. That being said there D is swiss cheese and I feel like Brees will pick apart the middle of the field without Jones. This is the matchup we will miss him the most

Our D is better than the Browns if we can hold Brees and Co under 21 we win -Saints D looks like they took a step back. Hopefully Kazee doesn't get suspended Richards look like hot doo doo out there.

socalriseup likes this

2 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

Our D could be considered swiss cheese to some

Ya Id like to see us with a full game of kazee, but we need linebacker help really bad, maybe DQ will finally cave and get us one

Just now, Diggable Birds said:

Our D is better than the Browns if we can hold Brees and Co under 21 we win -Saints D looks like they took a step back. Hopefully Kazee doesn't get suspended Richards look like hot doo doo out there.

Is it?

Payton and Brees are going to attack Riley.  We can count on that.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Is it?

Payton and Brees are going to attack Riley.  We can count on that.

On paper yes but my eyes tell me Cleveland will be top 10 this season -Id say we are about even with Jones and Neal out. We have the number 1 secondary after 2 weeks for what its worth.

Man I hope Duke comes to play Brees to Kamara in space is going to be a problem.

I feel like Kamara is going to eat Duke alive. Brees always escapes our pressure and without Debo to clean up the short passes, and potentially being without Kazee too, we are going to be in for a very long day.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Well if Kazee uses his head properly this week he might be able to do more in the middle of the field. The Falcons have done a good job shutting down WRs the last two weeks. The biggest receivers in the first two games are Ertz and McCaffery. Focus on Kamara and let the corners do what they do.

22 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

I disagree.  Richards was in on 79% of the snaps this week and looked much better than Riley...….It would not suprise me to see them look at featuring Richards in a game like New Orleans where he could play the short zone and be the blitzer that Poole has been.  They Will expect Poole but Richards can also be an effective blitzer and should be the spy on Alvin Kamara if they opt for this strategy.

Here are the Rush Tackles from the game that show how effective Richards can be against the run:

Player Tm L End L Tckl L Guard Middle R Guard R Tckl R End
Vic Beasley ATL 0 0 1 0 0 1 0
De'Vondre Campbell ATL 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
Grady Jarrett ATL 1 2 1 0 0 1 0
Damontae Kazee ATL 1 0 1 0 0 0 1
Takkarist McKinley ATL 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
Foyesade Oluokun ATL 0 0 1 0 1 0 0
Jordan Richards ATL 0 0 2 0 1 0 0
Duke Riley ATL 0 1 0 0 2 1 0
Deadrin Senat ATL 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Edited by lostnmexico

I think the Saints will lock in against us. Their D will play better than they have and the score will be lower than you think. I am guessing its a 24-17 kind of affair. That being said, I think Brees will be under a lot of pressure and that might mean a lot of screens to Kamara.  

Just now, lostnmexico said:

I disagree.  Richards was in on 79% of the snaps this week and looked much better that Riley...….It would not suprise me to see them look at featuring Richards in a game like New Orleans where he could play the short zone and be the blitzer that Poole has been.  They Will expect Poole but Richards can also be an effective blitzer and should be the spy on Alvin Kamara.

Richards better than Riley....? That's not saying Much Duke still has a ways to go its like night and with Debo out. Richards look lost most of the game lets jus hope Kazee isn't suspended

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Our D has a better shot at stopping them than theirs does of stopping us. JMO

if we get competent refs that call Lattimores holding like yesterday then we will be good. Duke definitely gonna get attacked like no other. 

Without Tak (which looks like a strong possibility) we're going to have 0 pass rush this game is going to be won on offence for sure.

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

if we get competent refs that call Lattimores holding like yesterday then we will be good. Duke definitely gonna get attacked like no other. 

Yea, the officiating was garbage in both games last year. Hopefully it’s fair in both this time 

Dirtybird3 likes this

9 minutes ago, rh50 said:

Without Tak (which looks like a strong possibility) we're going to have 0 pass rush this game is going to be won on offence for sure.

Tak is injured?

10 minutes ago, rh50 said:

I disagree…..I really like the Means kid we got from Philly.  He had three sacks in his last preseason game and they did not want to cut him but the numbers game got him in Philly.   I want to see what Means can do against New Orleans for sure.  Zimmer could also factor in and play well against the team that cut him! He knows their personnell better than anyone else having spent camp in NO last year.

3 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

On paper yes but my eyes tell me Cleveland will be top 10 this season -Id say we are about even with Jones and Neal out. We have the number 1 secondary after 2 weeks for what its worth.

Man I hope Duke comes to play Brees to Kamara in space is going to be a problem.

?

Based on what?

Jacksonville has the best secondary in the league.

If you want to go by pass defense then it's Washington, Baltimore, etc.

10 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

?

Based on what?

I saw it yesterday some where I believe it was NFL.com..... No I don't have a link  but ill see if I can find it,  Jax secondary was near the bottom not sure how they calculated this but ....

14 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

I saw it yesterday some where I believe it was NFL.com..... No I don't have a link  but ill see if I can find it,  Jax secondary was near the bottom not sure how they calculated this but ....

Cocaine is a **** of a drug

40 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

?

Based on what?

Through 2 weeks we are number 1 in Net passing yards not the number 1 secondary my mistake. ESPN 2018 NFL Team Passing stats

16 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Cocaine is a **** of a drug

I know you should stop the coke its bad for sexual performance I hear :D

Edited by Diggable Birds

16 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Through 2 weeks we are number 1 in Net passing yards not the number 1 secondary my mistake. ESPN 2018 NFL Team Passing stats

The Redskins have given up 322 total passing yards in two games.  The Falcons just gave up 335 to Cam Newton.

I'd double check your sources.