Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kung Fu Kenny

Takk 2 games - 2 sacks

76 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get what you're saying but a pass rusher is a pass rusher regardless. If he was in a 3-4 defense he would be a pass rushing linebacker. I'm not going to compare him to all time greats who were asked to do the same thing because that wouldn't be fair but hes a pass rusher, the skill should be there. If the spin move is all he has, he's doomed

I semi-agree with the pass rusher statement as a generality. Specifically to Beasley’s situation I believe they had him dropping into pass protection more than rushing the passer, so his pass rushing skills would still not be getting the fine tuning it needed. 

I agree he needs to work on his repertoire. Especially in this league where coaches plan for your skill set and adjust accordingly. That kind of coincides with what I’m saying. I think during Beasley’s 15 sack season, he was still very raw, not to mention he had a few mentors to help him develop. I think he gets 6-7 sacks at most (at worst 5) this season. Anything less than that and I think we need to seriously consider moving him in the off-season. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get what you're saying but a pass rusher is a pass rusher regardless. If he was in a 3-4 defense he would be a pass rushing linebacker. I'm not going to compare him to all time greats who were asked to do the same thing because that wouldn't be fair but hes a pass rusher, the skill should be there. If the spin move is all he has, he's doomed

All true.....but where’s the coaching?

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

We struck gold with that guy, but the team should have had 5/6 sacks against that OL today. Not only were they mostly scrubs, but they were down for most of the game and we knew they had to throw. Would not be celebrating over one measly sack by any DE today.

Preach. 

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I semi-agree with the pass rusher statement as a generality. Specifically to Beasley’s situation I believe they had him dropping into pass protection more than rushing the passer, so his pass rushing skills would still not be getting the fine tuning it needed. 

I agree he needs to work on his repertoire. Especially in this league where coaches plan for your skill set and adjust accordingly. That kind of coincides with what I’m saying. I think during Beasley’s 15 sack season, he was still very raw, not to mention he had a few mentors to help him develop. I think he gets 6-7 sacks at most (at worst 5) this season. Anything less than that and I think we need to seriously consider moving him in the off-season. 

For me, anything less than 8, I hope to god they don’t make him a top 5 paid pass rusher. Not knocking anyone’s money but he has to prove 2016 wasn’t a fluke

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

All true.....but where’s the coaching?

True 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

For me, anything less than 8, I hope to god they don’t make him a top 5 paid pass rusher. Not knocking anyone’s money but he has to prove 2016 wasn’t a fluke

True 

I thought our HC was a DL guru? 

To be fair, VB almost had a couple sacks yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I thought our HC was a DL guru? 

To be fair, VB almost had a couple sacks yesterday. 

Almost don’t count lol. I always thought of Quinn as a LB guy. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think Vic will be fine, even in the 15.5 sack year he started off slowly and then it was like the lightbulb clicked for him, he's probably never going to be a consistent double digit guy, he will get you 6 to 8 and a lot of hurries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

For me, anything less than 8, I hope to god they don’t make him a top 5 paid pass rusher. Not knocking anyone’s money but he has to prove 2016 wasn’t a fluke

True 

8 is a fair number of sacks. I think 8 would be his very top end this season. I agree, giving him top 5 money would be an extremely dumb mistake. I’m of the mind set that, in terms of sack leaders, you’re less likely to fluke your way into leading the NFL. The last two players that could be considered as fluke leaders were Merriman and Burgess, but even they had more than one double digit sack season. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

8 is a fair number of sacks. I think 8 would be his very top end this season. I agree, giving him top 5 money would be an extremely dumb mistake. I’m of the mind set that, in terms of sack leaders, you’re less likely to fluke your way into leading the NFL. The last two players that could be considered as fluke leaders were Merriman and Burgess, but even they had more than one double digit sack season. 

You brought up a name that was a pleasure to watch in Merriman 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You brought up a name that was a pleasure to watch in Merriman 

I did as well. He’s a MD player. A neighbor of mine went to school with him. I think the combination of his injury, plus his PED stuff hurt his career. He never seemed to recover after he got hurt. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if you guys watched closely enough but I say give him some time. He had a couple of almost sacks and Cam is just strong. Even Takk missed two sacks. Beasley has been underwhelming but lll wait until the end of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I did as well. He’s a MD player. A neighbor of mine went to school with him. I think the combination of his injury, plus his PED stuff hurt his career. He never seemed to recover after he got hurt. 

Nah he didn’t. It’s too bad because he literally lived up to his nickname 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

I thought our HC was a DL guru? 

To be fair, VB almost had a couple sacks yesterday. 

They would have been of the 'cheap variety', after the QB has left the pocket and running, which usually means you have been held outside the interior wall. In his case yesterday, he was a spy for most of the game. Had several of the cheap variety in 2016, also.

Not sure how to use Beasley, but I question his 'killer' mentality. Maybe he does not have some physical attribute as well but would not know what that would be, if someone does please contribute. Do know they need to involve him in more stunts, seems do do well there.

Edited by Cheap Talk
Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

 

go look at Tak's twitter looks like another blow to our D. But at least our coachs/GM realised we didn't have a ton of depth on d-line and made some off season moves to make sure we do... oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Vic just doesn’t seem to have that “dog” in him that QB hunters need.

I think the NFL “book” is out on Vic that he is a one-trick pony with speed rush and offensive tackles just push him wide.   Vic hasn’t sniffed the QB in two games - Peters/Eagles matchup in week#1 is somewhat understandable but no excuses today.

And this is exactly what we heard on draft day, he's done ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZoneOne01 said:

Preach. 

Takk needs to go for more strips. Seems like his sack yesterday was the perfect set-up. When the game slows down a little more for him we should start seeing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

They would have been of the 'cheap variety', after the QB has left the pocket and running, which usually means you have been held outside the interior wall. In his case yesterday, he was a spy for most of the game. Had several of the cheap variety in 2016, also.

Not sure how to use Beasley, but I question his 'killer' mentality. Maybe he does not have some physical attribute as well but would not know what that would be, if someone does please contribute. Do know they need to involve him in more stunts, seems do do well there.

Bottom line...it's the coaches job to figure that out. I think they've messed him up more than  helped him, TBH. 

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Bottom line...it's the coaches job to figure that out. I think they've messed him up more than  helped him, TBH. 

i seriously doubt the coaches "messed him(Vic) up".  this ain't rocket science.  I just think Vic is a "one-trick pony" and NFL offenses have figured him out.

it's up to Beasley to perfect his craft and Dan Quinn knows how to coach DL and Ulbrich knows how to coach LB.

Vic's failures are his own and he needs to own it and improve.

Don't be an ENABLER, Vandy!

Stryka likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

i seriously doubt the coaches "messed him(Vic) up".  this ain't rocket science.  I just think Vic is a "one-trick pony" and NFL offenses have figured him out.

it's up to Beasley to perfect his craft and Dan Quinn knows how to coach DL and Ulbrich knows how to coach LB.

Vic's failures are his own and he needs to own it and improve.

Don't be an ENABLER, Vandy!

LOL G.....

So in your line of work, you got your education learning how to do whatever, and you become darn pretty successful at it (ala VB in 2016), and become known as a up and rising star in your company and in your industry....and then your company, because it made a bad management decision on another key member in organization (in falcons case, Duke) moves you into doing his/her job which is something pretty different to help company get through a tough spot and you struggle in that job, so much so they then move you back where you were a year later and you struggle with it......you wouldn't be feeling a little disheveled?  

Now don't BS me now either......:ninja:

The thing about Beasley is he did that move without complaint....but he's struggling, and it's a combination his job and the coaches job to get him unstuck. Just like it would be your and your company's job to help you get unstuck in above scenario, because you've already proven you are a valuable team player.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0