Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kung Fu Kenny

Takk 2 games - 2 sacks

76 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

and every excuse gets made for #44.. just don't understand why.

not this season. he was straight up getting whipped today, no excuse. towards the end of the game he was playing spy on Cam but anything before the last few Carolina possessions he should be ashamed of himself

Just now, raysnill1 said:

not this season. he was straight up getting whipped today, no excuse. towards the end of the game he was playing spy on Cam but anything before the last few Carolina possessions he should be ashamed of himself

People were willing to give Vic the benefit of the doubt last year because he was coming off of a 16 sack season and was forced to play a lot of LBer. This year I doubt anyone will give him a pass if he continues to play like this. 

cnst, Da_Truth, PokerSteve and 3 others like this

19 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

No, just finished watching the 1st Quarter, and he was a spy on most of the snaps through the quarter. Not a very good one though, should have had one easy sack on Newton, but was turned into a gain. Another play that was a fail by Beasley, was when the late hit on Kazee happened. 

I would think you would want your most worthless player on the field being your spy, which Beasley is close most plays these days, but what about Riley? Riley is the 3rd/4th guy there for every tackle, why can't he be your spy? Really do need Beasley rushing, so that Takk can better clean-up the play from his end.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I hate to say it, but Vic is starting to REALLY frustrate me.

Vic just doesn’t seem to have that “dog” in him that QB hunters need.

I think the NFL “book” is out on Vic that he is a one-trick pony with speed rush and offensive tackles just push him wide.   Vic hasn’t sniffed the QB in two games - Peters/Eagles matchup in week#1 is somewhat understandable but no excuses today.

PokerSteve likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think the NFL “book” is out on Vic that he is a one-trick pony with speed rush and offensive tackles just push him wide.   Vic hasn’t sniffed the QB in two games - Peters/Eagles matchup in week#1 is somewhat understandable but no excuses today.

Which says a lot because the thing I hear from people is he is stronger than he is fast and when he uses his strength by “accident” it is overwhelming. Someone else says his pecs are done.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Which says a lot because the thing I hear from people is he is stronger than he is fast and when he uses his strength by “accident” it is overwhelming. Someone else says his pecs are done.

“pecs are done” ???

Knight of God likes this

I was hoping we would do better as a whole him and Vic. One tackle, there right, wasn't there normal starter, and the other tackle, there left, was working at Walgreens last week. Takk had a good game, but I expected more of a feast from both of them.

Vandy, g-dawg, Stryka and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I'm ready to see what means has. Put  Vic back at slb and anyone else at mlb.

PokerSteve likes this

7 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

We struck gold with that guy, but the team should have had 5/6 sacks against that OL today. Not only were they mostly scrubs, but they were down for most of the game and we knew they had to throw. Would not be celebrating over one measly sack by any DE today.

While i agree, every group of backups wont be as gullible as what Dallas offered last year. That being said Atlanta has to start playing the bully roll or else a good offensive line will eat them alive

Cheap Talk and PokerSteve like this

7 hours ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

And had an opportunity for another one but Cam slipped away.

He will easily get double digit sacks.

Yeah BUT...where are the other pass rushers?  AWOL 

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I hate to say it, but Vic is starting to REALLY frustrate me.

I understand the frustration. To be fair he was forced to change his position his 3rd year after a breakout season. Not sure if that would/could affect his development. Consistency for a raw player like Beasley is important.

I personally think he’ll get better the more snaps he plays. However, I would let him play out his contract and see if he can turn the corner. Worst case is he doesn’t get better and we can trade him next year to another team to try and recoup a draft pick. 

Knight of God likes this

7 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Brian Poole 2 games 2 sacks also

I think Poole could take Duke's spot and instantly be an huge upgrade over him.  Dude is a pretty dang good tackler and we need to blitz him more (or other dbs). 

But yes Takk is the real deal.  I've seen more talent and potential from Takk in his very limited time, than I have ever seen from Vic in all his years here and at Clemson.  We hit a grandslam getting Takk where we did in the draft. 

PokerSteve likes this

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Takk is awesome.

Not a believer in Beasley right now and would let him play out his 5th year option - see no reason to pay him now.

I agree. I think a new edge is in order next year, particularly if Fusco and maybe Wes solidlfy as interior OL

g-dawg likes this

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I understand the frustration. To be fair he was forced to change his position his 3rd year after a breakout season. Not sure if that would/could affect his development. Consistency for a raw player like Beasley is important.

I personally think he’ll get better the more snaps he plays. However, I would let him play out his contract and see if he can turn the corner. Worst case is he doesn’t get better and we can trade him next year to another team to try and recoup a draft pick. 

If he could add a decent spin move he'd be fine!

Vandy likes this

33 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I get what you're saying but a pass rusher is a pass rusher regardless. If he was in a 3-4 defense he would be a pass rushing linebacker. I'm not going to compare him to all time greats who were asked to do the same thing because that wouldn't be fair but hes a pass rusher, the skill should be there. If the spin move is all he has, he's doomed

PokerSteve and Vandy like this