Week 2 : Stock Up, Stock Down

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’re right, he did. Saw Oloukun in there on the final drive

should've happened when he played coverage and didn't keep his head on a swivel, guarding grass...that's my biggest complaint with Duke, well other than his tackling...in zone you never just guard grass unless we talking peewee spot dropping.

25 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. Bloody Ray Wilson. And that aint no bust nic. He could very well flame out, but I think he's got some plays in him. Vet that knows the system. Reminds me of BWill and Foxy. Two stop gap Dimi CB transactions. He's good at finding those. Bloody can get to the ball. I truly believe he can hold down the dime and sub at nickel if necessary. I see a big play in him. Comin soon. Hopefully against Breesus next week.

Poole is playin his as off. Preseason, regular season, you name it. I was holding my breath when he went down today. Came back in and held it down. Him, Rocky and Tru are beasting on the back end. If somebody on the DLine can join the Grady and Takk party we can survive the Debo and Neal losses. Beasley is getting handled. MyClaim and Snot are MIA. At least the offense finally executed some Sark plays. 

Lol @ Bloody Ray. 

Great post.

24 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

he benched Riley after the Moore TD, what do you mean?

Not until game almost over he didn’t. Riley stunk it up all game.

What do I mean? Riley stunk it up all last year and quinn’s Still trotting his *** out there, now at critical MLB role. All the while Foye outplayed him in preseason. 

7 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

should've happened when he played coverage and didn't keep his head on a swivel, guarding grass...that's my biggest complaint with Duke, well other than his tackling...in zone you never just guard grass unless we talking peewee spot dropping.

He can’t play. It’s all good. You can’t bat 1000 on every draft pick. But just accept that he sucks instead of continuing to play him. 

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not until game almost over he didn’t. Riley stunk it up all game.

What do I mean? Riley stunk it up all last year and quinn’s Still trotting his *** out there, now at critical MLB role. All the while Foye outplayed him in preseason. 

Foye didn't play mike and Foye is a rookie...better to try the devil you know, but he realized Riley ain't it and got him out. clearly dude been playing better in practice, but he ain't a performer. I'd be really surprised if Riley is back out there next week starting.

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He can’t play. It’s all good. You can’t bat 1000 on every draft pick. But just accept that he sucks instead of continuing to play him. 

I think we saw that happen during the game...clearly he's shown something, even Deion Jones was talking his boy up his rookie year. hopefully we can come up with some fronts that keep him off the field from here on out. 

2 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

I think we saw that happen during the game...clearly he's shown something, even Deion Jones was talking his boy up his rookie year. hopefully we can come up with some fronts that keep him off the field from here on out. 

Yea I’m a firm believer in playing to everyone’s strengths. I’m just not sure what Riley brings to the table at this point 

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

Foye didn't play mike and Foye is a rookie...better to try the devil you know, but he realized Riley ain't it and got him out. clearly dude been playing better in practice, but he ain't a performer. I'd be really surprised if Riley is back out there next week starting.

The devil we know stinks, if I’m preaching competition to the players i’m going with the unknown who everyone saw outplayed him in preseason.

And I’m not so sure Duke’s any better in practice.

Wait and see, Riley will be back out there next week. 

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The devil we know stinks, if I’m preaching competition to the players i’m going with the unknown who everyone saw outplayed him in preseason.

And I’m not so sure Duke’s any better in practice.

Wait and see, Riley will be back out there next week. 

I’d seriously start second guessing Quinn...we'd have to win an epic shootout. 

13 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Truthfully? I don’t have any pros to his game right now. He plays like he has ADD.

He actually is a solid tackler, but that’s about all he has going for him at this point, and it doesn’t matter cause he takes terrible angles on ball-carriers a lot of times. He looks lost in zone coverage, and he struggled with gap responsibility on some run plays. Not what you want to see from your MLB.

1 hour ago, Wjcorner said:

It wasn't just that.  Duke is slow to react.  I mean coming out of college it was all about his speed, but there were at least two running plays between the tackles where he waited for the runner to get to him to make contact.  He has no explosiveness to the hole and does not arrive violently.  Bad angles, no coverage skill and he is a poor tackler.  I'll be really surprised if we don't pick up a LB before the fourth or fifth week and Duke is only on coverage teams.