Week 2 : Stock Up, Stock Down

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ridley coming out party is a welcome surprise. Gabriel isn’t used on an inside slant in the RZ like CR’s TD catch. Great route. Great play. I can wait to see him have more explosive plays.

Also, you could add Marvin Hall to this list. Good STs and a solid explosive play for 30. If you get an impactful catch or two per game like that from Hall you've got your Robinson replacement. Hardy can still do his thing but that’s make us 5 deep at WR.

Sucks Gage is hurting but he’d be relegated to STs if active regardless. Could make us really deep at WR. More so than with Gabriel in 2016. By far better than 2017 with Roberts.

The WR depth is looking pretty good huh. I forgot all about Gage since they did so well today. I've had my eye on him since the draft. I think he can be a solid WR for years to come.

But yeah it looks much better compared to last year.

Despite the win, there's still a lot of flaws with this Falcons team, whether we make the playoffs or not, I don't see us going to the Super Bowl on our home turf this year. Health and inconsistency has been an issue. The Panthers were missing half of their O-line starters and we still couldn't get a good pass rush and we let the Panthers back in the game easily after we led 31-17 and we still had to hold the Panthers to the bitter end to escape 31-24. 

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He won’t get suspended. An ejection with a fine sounds right. A suspension would be REALLY harsh. Cam didn’t even miss a snap. And honestly, I think Cam was fine the whole time and was lying there trying to sell the severity of the hit. Can’t blame him. But still

I think.that is the fact that will save Kazee a suspension.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes but Juju was TRYING to commit an injury. He taunted after the hit. Kazee just had a boneheaded move in the heat of the moment. I doubt he wanted to injury Cam

You know what, you are ringing a bell with me.  I believe it was because of the taunt more than the hit with Ju Ju.  Good call.

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes but Juju was TRYING to commit an injury. He taunted after the hit. Kazee just had a boneheaded move in the heat of the moment. I doubt he wanted to injure Cam

He’s gotta play more controlled and quit diving in low leading with his helmet though. That’s how players get seriously injured (concussions to head, knee injuries, etc)

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He’s gotta play more controlled and quit diving in low leading with his helmet though. That’s how players get seriously injured.

That’s where the coaching comes in. I got a feeling Quinn is going make him pay at practice this week. Kazee plays with a lot of energy and a lot of great instincts. But he badly needs coaching on technique

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s where the coaching comes in. I got a feeling Quinn is going make him pay at practice this week. Kazee plays with a lot of energy and a lot of great instincts. But he badly needs coaching on technique

Very true JD. 

Bottom line, kazee’s gonna be a good one...