Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Coleman > Freeman?

29 posts in this topic

Only the 5th Free thread so far lol.

its a 2 back system and Free is a bargain. Dude is basically on a similar contract as McKinnon.

That said, I want to keep the 2 headed attack together.

Find a way to sign Tevin. Bell wants way more money than 2 Free contracts lol.

Vandy, RING OF HONOR and athell like this

24 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Only the 5th Free thread so far lol.

its a 2 back system and Free is a bargain. Dude is basically on a similar contract as McKinnon.

That said, I want to keep the 2 headed attack together.

Find a way to sign Tevin. Bell wants way more money than 2 Free contracts lol.

Lol you are on the ball ergo :rolleyes:

Schwarzwald likes this

At this point i agree. If we only had one of the two for the future i would have to choose teco if based on nothing but durability. Freeman gave his all gor the falcons but he is undersized and his style has definitely taken its toll. 

PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

I really like freeman. He became one of my fav players when I saw him apartment shopping on Hard Knocks as a rookie :(

Freeman runs hard and I love how he  always puts hot head down. He strong for his size and is a great combo with TeCo

BUT, with that said, next yr I rather keep TeCo over freeman and draft a big rb who can punch it in from inside the 10 

MilleniumFalcon, athell and D.B.N. like this

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

problem is we may never see that again injuries are piling up

Every intelligent poster voiced concerned about that in his prime.. I think we all saw it coming, it's just a tragedy Freeman didn't see it 

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ya'll are forgetting what a healthy Freeman did, yes Coleman is much better than a gimpy Freeman.. But Free at 100% was a monster.. Sadly, who knows if Free will ever be 100% again 

That's my thing.  IF Free can ever get healthy, he is an absolute beast and gives this offense so much more flexibility even with Tevin.  Free+Teco > Teco+Ito.  I'm just praying we can see Freeco again because dang those were some fun times.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Just now, athell said:

That's my thing.  IF Free can ever get healthy, he is an absolute beast and gives this offense so much more flexibility even with Tevin.  Free+Teco > Teco+Ito.  I'm just praying we can see Freeco again because dang those were some fun times.

And a Teco avatar just isn't as cool as ur Free avatar.. Real talk 

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Teco will never break ankles in the open field like Free did when he could make those viscous cuts.. People that's saying Teco is better needs to go back a few years and re-watch those Free highlights 

Schwarzwald and athell like this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Teco will never break ankles in the open field like Free did when he could make those viscous cuts.. People that's saying Teco is better needs to go back a few years and re-watch those Free highlights 

Yup.  Free was a beast, no way around it.  Dude was an absolute monster.  Free breaking ankles then Tevin blowing by folks is something I dearly miss.

This is a situation we wait until the smoke clears. If Free comes back and plays rest of the year and also if we can manage to sign Tevin.

Idea:

Extend Julio in offseason to lower his cap hit for 2019.

Extend Grady after bye DURING season to lower his initial cap hit next year on his long term deal.

Sign Tevin to a contract slightly cheaper than Free. Would Tevin take $7M average and a hit of $5 mil year 1 next season??:ninja: Free is only $5M cap this year and $6.75M next year hit.

Look at Frees hits. Not bad. We could cut him after 2019 and have already secured TeCo:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/devonta-freeman-14514/

35 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Yes he’s better than freeman 

I used to get my a$$ kicked on this board saying Coleman was more vital to the offense than Freeman. I bet he explodes against the Saints. Ito better hold on to the **** ball!