raysnill1

so ... how bout my man Wes out there beasting!!

52 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, slider said:

I've never been a big Vic Beasley fan but I think they had him spying Cam on the last couple of drives since Cam was busting free even when they got to him so i have to give him a pass at the end of the game. He wasn't supposed to sell out.

Vic wasnt spying all gm though.  There were two plays where vic and several other players had cam by the Jersey but he got away.

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

no he had some good plays too, but he did get whooped some and we were in two te  sets bc the panthers front seven is no joke, not just bc of wes.

I didn't see him get whooped. In the run game he was a road grater. Much better than Levitre has been in the pass protection and how exactly do you help out a guard with a tight end? Are you suggesting they were leaving a tight end one on one with the DE while Mathews helped Wes out? Didn't happen! Wouldn't happen! I haven't re-watched the game yet but I was watching Wes closely the entire game and I didn't see him get beat. I did see him account for the majority of Teco's and Ito's rushing yards as they continuously ran behind him. Great game for Switzer!

Marco102 likes this

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Vic wasnt spying all gm though.  There were two plays where vic and several other players had cam by the Jersey but he got away.

Weird its almost like cam does that alot... 

2 minutes ago, slider said:

I didn't see him get whooped. In the run game he was a road grater. Much better than Levitre has been in the pass protection and how exactly do you help out a guard with a tight end? Are you suggesting they were leaving a tight end one on one with the DE while Mathews helped Wes out? Didn't happen! Wouldn't happen! I haven't re-watched the game yet but I was watching Wes closely the entire game and I didn't see him get beat. I did see him account for the majority of Teco's and Ito's rushing yards as they continuously ran behind him. Great game for Switzer!

lol no he did get whooped some in pass protection and some in the run game too go watch again, and for the THIRD TIME we were in 2 te sets bc of their front seven. we max protected to help the entire o line not just wes. never said a Te helped wes. I was making a statement that we were keeping two tes on the field to help max protect and pauleson should get credit for helping out a lot.

red falcon and Kaptain Krazy like this

15 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Weird its almost like cam does that alot... 

Why dont you just come out and say what you want instead of hiding behind snarky comments? I know he does that but has had a lot of i almost got their moments this yeat already and we need him to get there.

7 hours ago, slider said:

me neither but hey he can't get credit for anything.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, I mentioned it in another thread.  Opened holes for the running game and Ice didn't get sacked. It's funny how that makes the offense work better. 

Matt was getting g the ball out QUICKLY. That helps make the oline look good. I couldn't watch if we had the giants line

5 hours ago, jeebus said:

It's not the same injury.  I believed he tore his triceps last year.

I believe he had been on the injury report last week with the elbow injury. I think he hurt it last week against the Eagles.

5 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

I believe he had been on the injury report last week with the elbow injury. I think he hurt it last week against the Eagles.

Never mind then, I thought you were talking about the injury that sidelined him last year.

Goober Pyle likes this

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Like I tried telling folks last offseason, Wes will be starting before season is done. He played great. 

Which would also make for 3 homegrown starters on the Oline. Draft one high in next years draft, you could have 4.

Vandy, slider and Ergo Proxy like this

21 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

we also used a lot of 2 te sets to slow it down. really great play calls, minus one or two plays. still think we should have kept fowler over ortiz. but huge props to the judge ito smith as well. wes did look good

Wes looks thicker this year than last. 

Im not overly impressed with Ortiz. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Yeah, Ortiz has to show me a bit more to be comfortable about FB.

I’m more comfortable with Wes now this year playing the left side of the line. Heard he had a great offseason by Quinn multiple times; including in front of the team on inside videos. So not just blowing smoke if you highlight someone in front of entire roster, IMO. He certainly helped us not miss a beat this game when Andy went down.

Just secure Mack’s eventual replacement and groom Gono for RT and we’re guchi.

falconidae likes this

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’m more comfortable with Wes now this year playing the left side of the line. Heard he had a great offseason by Quinn multiple times; including in front of the team on inside videos. So not just blowing smoke if you highlight someone in front of entire roster, IMO. He certainly helped us not miss a beat this game when Andy went down.

Be nice to develop more Olinemen.  Lots of the Olinemen playing around the league were late rounders or undrafted- like Schwietzer and Schreader. Or Clabo and Dahl. Get 3 -4 guys like that, then, the Oline is good for years.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Just now, falconidae said:

Be nice to develop more Olinemen.  Lots of the Olinemen playing around the league were late rounders or undrafted- like Schwietzer and Schreader. Or Clabo and Dahl. Get 3 -4 guys like that, then, the Oline is good for years.

Yeah, it’s a shame when some guys flake out like Harlow. Sometimes it’s injuries like Baker.

We’ve done better than initially with OL when TD first got here. DL too.

21 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

lol no he did get whooped some in pass protection and some in the run game too go watch again, and for the THIRD TIME we were in 2 te sets bc of their front seven. we max protected to help the entire o line not just wes. never said a Te helped wes. I was making a statement that we were keeping two tes on the field to help max protect and pauleson should get credit for helping out a lot.

He definitely gave up at least one TFL, when he played matador on one play. He also had at least one penalty called on him.

Better than recent backup OL for Falcons, but not "beasting" either. 

red falcon likes this

43 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ortiz really did not play much.  We ran a lot of one back but I am in agreement that Wes looked better on the Left side next to Matthews.  Here's to making the switch permanent.

Ricky Ortiz    FB     12    19%    0 0%   5

18%

Edited by lostnmexico
Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Ortiz really did not play much.  We ran a lot of one back but I am in agreement that Wes looked better on the Left side next to Matthews.  Here's to making the switch permanent.

Ricky Ortiz    FB     12    19%    0 0%   5

18%

Well, Levitre was our next OL to be replaced as it is from age and injury concern alone.

Seems we are preferring 2 TE sets as opposed to I-Form. Probably better for stretch zone plays than using a FB; like we would more with Free.

Maybe the lighter workload to start helps Ortiz get comfortable in practice with clearly identifying his reads/role and Sark keeps a dump off pass in his pocket to Ortiz by design.

lostnmexico likes this

Just saw us go into I-Form vs Panthers yesterday 11mins left in 4th Q on a 1st & 5 play.

Instead of the FB streaking out off of play-action, we use Sanu as the outlet if they bite hard on the run fake left to Coleman behind Ortiz.

Good play call and utilization of FB on the field. Effective snap and he doesn’t even get the ball.

Jennings called it on that drive he said he has no explanation to why the Falcons were running so well in the Panthers all game. He was like speechless lol.

Then, with under 9:00 to go in the 4th they pull up this graphic:

Yards Per Play-

CAR 4.8

ARL 8.2

That is an *** whooping game. Hit on a deep Julio pass, tackle Moore(looking at Richards and Duke), or simply secure one of those 3 dropped INTs and it’s a blow out.

Goober Pyle and kiwifalcon like this

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Which would also make for 3 homegrown starters on the Oline. Draft one high in next years draft, you could have 4.

LOL falconidae, I know who that post was directed toward....:ninja:

falconidae likes this