TRUju2111

Is freeman the problem?

101 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, FZero said:

Julio? Get rid of a hof wr. And we're supposed to call you an Einstein? Put the drink down and have respect for a player who has single handedly carried us in games......like LAST WEEK smh. Come to the city and see what he means to ATL. Only ppl that talk like you live outside the perimeter. No surprise 

Any WR targeted that many times would appear to have carried the team. 

3 minutes ago, Atownbrave said:

If that's the case you can blame the coordinators for that one not the players or is it Matt Ryan forcing it to them if that's the case then blame the quarterback... overall I think it's just on the offensive coordinator that's just my opinion

Up to today I'm with you. I was screaming fire Sark as loud as anyone else around here. He called an excellent game today though. I don't know if he just had tunnel vision or what the problem is, but if we can keep this going I'll be fine.

If we have a good few weeks and Free gets back and the offense goes back to being terrible then we know what the problem is.

Dirtytrollbird likes this

2 minutes ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Up to today I'm with you. I was screaming fire Sark as loud as anyone else around here. He called an excellent game today though. I don't know if he just had tunnel vision or what the problem is, but if we can keep this going I'll be fine.

If we have a good few weeks and Free gets back and the offense goes back to being terrible then we know what the problem is.

I was thinking about that a little while ago. now I would like to see free come back and see how we do. now if his status is as cracked up as it's supposed to be that we should be even more explosive, if not ladies and gentlemen, we may have some more money in the bank to spread if you get my drift?

1 minute ago, dfsutton said:

Ito is a freaking rookie in his 2nd game!!! So, when are you comparing to? Middle School?

People want to base his value on the running he did behind that trash of a line during preseason.

6 hours ago, nomak said:

I know...I know. But it appears when the offense starts to spread the ball and not force it to Julio they play better. Did it in 2016 and bam great offense. 

SMH. They are able to go to others because of the way defenses play Jones..... 

Artys Arryn and Falconsfan567 like this

The last 3 games we've seen Freeman have been in Philadelphia twice against the number one run defense while injured and in Los Angelas while injured. Against two really good fronts. How quickly people forget. 

GritzBlitzFalcon likes this

Freeman is not the problem. The offensive success today was from Ryan finding multiple receivers to throw the ball to. Ryan for the most part played well, and kept the chains moving with his decision making and sometimes his feet. Julio made a crucial catch, Sanu made a great block, and Ridley came through just like we all hoped. Both running backs played a significant role, and had Freeman of been playing then I think he too would have done well. Oh yeah, and the TE's did a great job.

This game was very different from the first. Ryan plays bad, the Falcons lose. Ryan plays well, the Falcons win most of the time.

6 hours ago, nomak said:

I know...I know. But it appears when the offense starts to spread the ball and not force it to Julio they play better. Did it in 2016 and bam great offense. 

Ya...but the threat of Jones it what gets other people open and allows them to spread the ball. With jones double teamed, Matt can find the right matchup.

44 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

SMH. They are able to go to others because of the way defenses play Jones..... 

Shhhh!!! That would require the use of brain cells and those aren't being used in this thread.

Artys Arryn likes this

7 hours ago, nomak said:

That's only true BECAUSE of Jones. If we didn't have Jones moving the ball around would be a lot more difficult. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

6 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If they won't to move on with Ito, fine. Dude shows alot of potential. I wouldn't pay Coleman either. Unless he want to play cheap. 

The oline opened some nice holes today,but there were alot of Coleman's runs that a healthy Freeman gives alot better result.  

Trouble is, Freeman isn't healthy, and I don't think he can stay healthy with his running style and frame.

5 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

Trouble is, Freeman isn't healthy, and I don't think he can stay healthy with his running style and frame.

His running style or frame isn't the problem. All Freemans concussions wasn't caused by his running style, but by shots to the helmet that everyone is prone to. His first was from a side shot , nothing to do with how he was running, but a result of a LB going head first into his helmet. Been the same with all of them. They weren't a result of his running style. Then this knee could happen regardless. His size is in line with a big chunk of NFL running backs. People confuse height with size. Free is short, but he's not little. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned with his knee at this point. I wonder if he needed surgery, but we will see. Maybe he gets back to 100%. Of course it could be unrelated to the previous injury, we just don't know at this point. I don't want him back on the Field until he's got his speed and explosiveness back. 

When he got hurt is when our offense started having trouble. Freeman is the little engine that could. He's a warrior and the piece that makes our offense work.

That being said, with his style of play I'm not sure how much longer he has in the league. And it's good to see Ito can do well. But he ain't Freeman. Not yet anyway.

7 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

That's only true BECAUSE of Jones. If we didn't have Jones moving the ball around would be a lot more difficult. 

I think they've made that a crutch. Matt was finding the open man before Julio. Matt even found Harry Douglas open for over a thousand yards when Julio was out because of an injury.