TRUju2111

Is freeman the problem?

101 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

Jones? Woa

I know...I know. But it appears when the offense starts to spread the ball and not force it to Julio they play better. Did it in 2016 and bam great offense. 

Rgunzz likes this

Been wanting us to dump Freeman and pay Coleman since his antics before the Super Bowl and even more so after the missed block during the Super Bowl that will live in infamy. I also think Freeman's style of play where he seeks out contact doesn't work well with his smaller size long term and will shorten his career. Coleman also just makes our offense more dynamic than does Freeman.

On the other hand, I think it's crazy to suggest we get rid of Julio. We can easily spread the ball around with Julio on the field. Yes, he's not been effective in the Red Zone but he's the league's MVP for getting you there.

Edited by cyberlian

1 hour ago, nomak said:

Yes he is.  Two players that need to depart Atlanta next year Freeman and Jones. But I'll be called a troll for that statement. 

I agree with this whole-heartedly. **** being called a troll. We are still ringless.

5 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If they won't to move on with Ito, fine. Dude shows alot of potential. I wouldn't pay Coleman either. Unless he want to play cheap. 

The oline opened some nice holes today,but there were alot of Coleman's runs that a healthy Freeman gives alot better result.  

I mean coleman had 7-8 of more than 10 yards. What more could devonta have done ?? 

Monolith2001 likes this

I'd love to keep Coleman and move on from Free, but is this even possible? Free has a contract and most teams would be stupid to trade for it considering the concussion and knee issues. I think we are going to have to let Coleman go and give Ito his shot when it's time.

Diggable Birds likes this

28 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Actually, the Eagles held Tampa to like 1.5 yards per carry...  They did all their damage through the air.

Couldn’t that vaunted defense rush Fitz either?!