Monoxide

*** Official Panthers vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

3,003 posts in this topic

Really want to see what redzone changes were made. Would love to see some wrinkles where Garland is in the backfield like Poe was last year. 

Thanks @Monoxide, was getting worried ;)

Here's the Panthers starting Oline:

Clark, zero panther starts, signed with the team Wed., 8 years in league, 53 starts, classic journeyman

Van Roten, 1 panther start, 4 years in league

R. Kalil, veteran

Larsen, 15 panther starts, 3 years

Moten, 1 panther start, 2 years

That's 17 starts among 4 starters, one with zero starts, two with one start.

If they don't get destroyed by the Falcons DLine, may be a long season.

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Thanks @Monoxide, was getting worried ;)

Here's the Panthers starting Oline:

Clark, zero panther starts, signed with the team Wed., 8 years in league, 53 starts, classic journeyman

Van Roten, 1 panther start, 4 years in league

R. Kalil, veteran

Larsen, 15 panther starts, 3 years

Moten, 1 panther start, 2 years

That's 17 starts among 4 starters, one with zero starts, two with one start.

If they don't get destroyed by the Falcons DLine, may be a long season.

Thanks for keeping me honest! You da man ;)

Falcons will harrass Newton, set him on his ***, and cause a turnover. Offense will start to click and Julio will smile in the end zone. This team will Rise The **** Up!

quick8 likes this

I’m hopeful our d will play well.  However; Sark is who he is, so I don’t expect much if any change in offense.   

Wins this year will depend on defense and special teams.  

mqg96 and quick8 like this

Just now, RichardCNile said:

I’m hopeful our d will play well.  However; Sark is who he is, so I don’t expect much if any change in offense.   

Wins this year will depend on defense and special teams.  

Hopefully Matt is not who he was last week.

youngbloodz, falconidae and quick8 like this

I’m bummed Oliver is inactive again. Hasn’t he been practicing the past two weeks? I know he was limited but I’m excited to see our 2nd round steal actually play. 

I believe the winner of this game is most likely going to win the division. Ron Rivera has always had the best record in the division as head coach or tied for it whenever his teams have started 2-0 as head coach. The Falcons have never made the playoffs with a home loss to the Panthers since they entered the league in 1995. Critical must win for the Falcons who's on a 6 game losing streak preseason included. We desperately need the winning culture back.

Edited by mqg96

2 minutes ago, shock said:

I’m bummed Oliver is inactive again. Hasn’t he been practicing the past two weeks? I know he was limited but I’m excited to see our 2nd round steal actually play. 

I hope we didn't have 2 bust drafts in a row or else we're in a heap of trouble once our current starters age out.

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I believe the winner of this game is most likely going to win the division. Ron Rivera has always had the best record in the division as head coach or tied for it whenever his teams have started 2-0 as head coach. The Falcons have never made the playoffs with a home loss to the Panthers since they entered the league in 1995. Critical must win for the Falcons who's on a 6 game losing streak preseason included. We desperately need the winning culture back.

Another reason why we should treat the preseason better - it just instills a culture of "losing" as being acceptable and the team then needs a jolt to get the "winning" back

mqg96 likes this

If the redzone playcalling starts to go side ways again. This will be the game Quinn pulls the plug on shark. Like he did richard smith two years ago. We cant afford to go 0-2 with the saints coming up. Shark had enough time to figure out this offense. No excuses. And matt ryan needs to play better. Somebody need to light a fire under his ***.

Edited by RazorWing
quick8 likes this