9 straight games without multiple TD passes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Cherry picking will be the death of me. Why would you include Brees rookie season? He started no games. If you take his first 10 seasons of solid production you'd get 280. At that 10 year mark is when he started stringing 40+ TD's and 5k yards like it was nothing.

I love how you leave out Arod while Brady has thrown 300 TD's in the first 10 years he actually played any meaningful football.

A better stat to look at is TD percentage. The greats have a TD percentage over 5.1% while Ryan has a percentage of 4.6% which is lower than QB's like Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer. That's pathetic. He has the same TD percentage as Eli (overrated), Cam, and Jameis.

Whether you like it or not that is why Matt Ryan gets little respect for a supposed top 5 QB and former MVP. He throws for a lot of yards which is cute but yards really don't compare at all to putting points on the board. His TD production is simply not good.

Now put all of this in perspective with the weapons Ryan has had and yes some terrible OL's I'll give you that and what do you come up with? More excuses?

You are the one cherry picking. 

Wins are all that matters. 

Falcons are 99-70 (.586 Win %) with Ryan at QB.  He has an MVP, super bowl appearance, 3rd highest passer rating in playoffs all-time. 

Only 2 losing seasons here in 10 years. Ryan stays healthy he will finish Top 10 NFL history in QB wins.

he just needs a couple rings to be considered an all-time great and shut detractors like you down. And he should already have 2, if not for horrible situation head coaching in 2012 and 2016.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

#NoConfidence

Did you finally figure out what "confidence they need to not second-guess him & simply execute" (my exact quote) means as opposed to "Steve Sarkisian made Matt Ryan have a poor body image & develop an eating disorder due to a lack of confidence"?

Or are you still being willfully obtuse to defend a coach that eats his own boogers?

4 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

How many fumbles lost

You're the one trying to make the point, you look it up.

3 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Cherry picking will be the death of me. Why would you include Brees rookie season? He started no games. If you take his first 10 seasons of solid production you'd get 280. At that 10 year mark is when he started stringing 40+ TD's and 5k yards like it was nothing.

I love how you leave out Arod while Brady has thrown 300 TD's in the first 10 years he actually played any meaningful football.

A better stat to look at is TD percentage. The greats have a TD percentage over 5.1% while Ryan has a percentage of 4.6% which is lower than QB's like Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer. That's pathetic. He has the same TD percentage as Eli (overrated), Cam, and Jameis.

Whether you like it or not that is why Matt Ryan gets little respect for a supposed top 5 QB and former MVP. He throws for a lot of yards which is cute but yards really don't compare at all to putting points on the board. His TD production is simply not good.

Now put all of this in perspective with the weapons Ryan has had and yes some terrible OL's I'll give you that and what do you come up with? More excuses?

Didn't leave out anybody, and it's hardly cherry picking when I do a search of every QB  at 10 years since the merger to get my stats.

http://pfref.com/tiny/5f6Hj

What IS cherry picking is finding one stat that you think makes Ryan look bad and focusing on that.

Then, ignoring all the stats that show Ryan is a really really good QB.

But I'm done, you're just trolling, have fun.

20 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Didn't leave out anybody, and it's hardly cherry picking when I do a search of every QB  at 10 years since the merger to get my stats.

What IS cherry picking is finding one stat that you think makes Ryan look bad and focusing on that.

got 'em, coach.

8 hours ago, falconidae said:

Focusing on one important stat in one post is not cherry picking. When you include seasons when a QB literally didn’t even start a game and present that as something even remotely accurate is cherry picking. When you exclude QBs and their stats that dont support your narrative.. that is cherry picking.

Highlighting an important stat is not cherry picking lol try again.

19 hours ago, falconidae said:

And, advanced stats show him to be consistently among the top 5. PFF, for example, still had him as the second best QB last year, just behind Brady. DVOA and DYAR show him to be top 5 most years.

Ryan at 10 years, 260 TDs, Brees at 10 years, 235 TDs, Brady at 10 years 225 TDs.

And what would PFF rank Sarkisian last year? Their ranking of Ryan flies in the face of the criticism of Sark and the demonstrative decline in his numbers under his coordination. Bringing up the PFF thing actually makes them look bad, not Ryan better.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, WiscoFalcon said:

If things don't get better soon, Sark won't make it to Week 6. 

U sure? Sark isnt just quinns OC he's kind of hus buddy - this train wreck actually kind of started in Seattle when Sark was running UW before DQ was even a head coach. I doubt he gets punted mid season given the history.

Just now, knomercy said:

"I mentioned his college career for absolutely no reason at all & not in any way, shape or form related to his current play even though that's what I was replying to"

I can read fine. Use your words better.

My point still stands. . ..  you can point out all the stats. . . . still ringless and choked (literally and figuratively) in the SB.