9 straight games without multiple TD passes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yes, MR2 really needs to up his game this week, with no Freeman, and the loss of several players on D!!!  I'd say, we'll need at least 24+ points to win this game....that means Ryan needs more than just ONE passing TD --- 

Agreed.  I feel like he's got something to prove.  Matt is in a slump and it's time to break out.  I saw this article breaking down his performance against the Eagles and maybe he needs to start throwing the ball with more force:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/the-falcons-have-a-matt-ryan-problem

Over-reliance on touch passes could explain the red zone issues...

Man, I hate when this type of stuff comes up on the board. Yeah, it's educational if you didn't know but, it always somehow make it to the game commentators and becomes a discussion point in the middle of the game. 

Well, I guess I know what they'll be talking about this weekend...Let's hope this works out as good as when they start talking about his good streaks, you know, how they end in that very game. 

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

Agreed.  I feel like he's got something to prove.  Matt is in a slump and it's time to break out.  I saw this article breaking down his performance against the Eagles and maybe he needs to start throwing the ball with more force:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/the-falcons-have-a-matt-ryan-problem

Over-reliance on touch passes could explain the red zone issues...

He'd throw it with more force...if he could. Ryans arm is shot. He needs to stop using the weighted balls in warm-ups because his arm is noticeably weaker than years past. He honestly may have the weakest arm for a starting QB in the NFL and I'm not even joking.

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Wow. What a pathetic stat. Has there ever been another stretch in his career that long? 

The redzone has become a Bermuda Triangle for us. (Not that you can't score TDs from outside the redzone, but you get my drift.)

Yes, longest stretch of his career, had a 5 game stretch in 2014 and another 5 game stretch  in 2015.

Not worried about that yet, could easily have had 2-3  multiple TD games late last year if his receivers held onto the ball.

#MattRyan's #RedZone Statistics (2010-2018)

With-Sarkisian:
41.8%, 2.8 YPA, 73.2 PR

Before-Sarkisian:
58.8%, 3.8 YPA, 98.6 PR

*Ryan produced #RedZone seasons of 102.0+ PR w/3 different Offensive Coordinators (Mularkey, Koetter, Shanahan) before Sarkisian.

Most ****ing evidence yet against Sarkisian  as the QB is clearly uncomfortable with his offense.

These guys may be unable to coexist.  See ya Sark…..would like to say its been real or something just a lil nice...but I can't.

5 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Matt on a 9 week slump with sark calling plays? No way

Must be execution

There is no way this could be Sarks fault.  I mean when a player in his prime declines, when he should be prime age, and he’s surrounded with talent... that’s never coaching.

Its all player execution because coaches have nothing to do with that.  Especially when it’s a problem after 2 offseasons and 2 training camps.  Yeah that isnt coaching at all

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Must be execution

There is no way this could be Sarks fault.  I mean when a player in his prime declines, when he should be prime age, and he’s surrounded with talent... that’s never coaching.

Its all player execution because coaches have nothing to do with that.  Especially when it’s a problem after 2 offseasons and 2 training camps.  Yeah that isnt coaching at all

I SMELL SARKASM!

Tell these guys crying about execution that the scheme is flawed and the structure is all wrong.  We had a defensive coach coaching recievers and a coordinator stuck in neutral!  Get em amigo!

Edited by lostnmexico
3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Must be execution

The whole "execution" argument is such a short-sighted proposition. It's like some people lack the capability to think beyond the surface level.  Anyone that has ever led/managed a group of people can tell you that when an ENTIRE team isn't "executing" the manager is the 1st person looked at.  Is the team being put in the best situation to succeed? Do they have the resources to succeed? Are they being managed properly? Is the manager setting the tone for the work environment? All are questions that have to go through the persons mind. I firmly believe the players arent executing because they arent being put in the best situation to do so.

A fireman cant properly execute if all he has is a squirt gun.

A surgeon cant properly execute with a pizza cutter.

Soldiers cant properly execute with paintball guns.

And the Falcons offense cant properly execute w/ a Steve Sarkisian-crafted offensive scheme.

Edited by RubberDucky

Last play against the Eagles in the playoff game last year, Derrick Coleman was in that play for some reason. Out route by Freeman in the redzone in last week's game, Ryan drives the ball and misses Freeman(why not throw to a WR or TE(or even Coleman(who's taller than Freeman)))? Just two fundamental design flaws by Sark or whoever decided to put those players in on those two particular plays. My point is we either need a new OC, HC, or QB. Im thinking it's OC. 

We are wasting our time trying to convince each other that Sark is the reason for this team's demise - the people who need to be convinced are Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff and Daniel Quinn.

I think they already know and have Knapp waiting to take over.  The question is how bad the Falcons have to go before they have the willingness to follow through on it.  Will it be after 0-2, 0-3, 0-4?  Will Sark have a "good" week this week with 2 TD's scored in the red zone but just delay the inevitable until we go 1-5?  The only thing that really is going to propel them to fire Sark, though, is declining fans and TV ratings.