Freeman Out

caponine

weet

Conversation

RB Tevin Coleman is at practice. No Freeman sighting.

No Devonta Freeman at Falcons practice

Darin Gantt
9 mins ago

The Falcons put two of their best defensive players on IR this week, but they might be without one of their top offensive players this week as well.

transparent-320x50.gif

According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Falcons running back Devonta Freeman is not at practice today.

While the initial word on Freeman’s knee injury suffered in the opener was that it wasn’t major, he hasn’t practiced all week.

If he’s not able to go, that leaves Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith to handle the run game Sunday against the Panthers.

Coleman is more than capable, but after losing safety Keanu Neal for the season and linebacker Deion Jones for at least half of it, the Falcons have a number of obstacles to overcome.

Edited by caponine

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vaughn mcclure

Tevin Coleman takes the field but no Devonta Freeman again

It seems weird that he’s not even out there at all. His knee must still be in alot of pain. Otherwise you know Free would be out there. He wouldnt let small injuries hold him out. I hope he is alright , it just worries does it not worry anyone else ?? 
Edited by caponine

1 minute ago, athell said:

Time to ride the Tevin Train!

Hopefully Matt remembers how to throw and we can take home this dub.

Screens and Dumpoffs as well as come backs and 10 yard in routes or out routes to coleman and slants to ridley all day. They are gonna put 4 guys on julio watch lol

Edited by caponine

1 minute ago, kschreck said:

lol it has nothing to do with accepting it, the fact is dled speculation is not a fact

Lol freeman is out , he hasn’t practiced all week. There’s a rule i think that you have to practice in order to play, at least limited 

Edited by caponine

Just now, kschreck said:

Clearly you don't care to get my point so I'll just move on...

Ill humor you then lets say Freeman plays Sunday even though he’s obviously still in pain. What happens if tears an acl or something?? then your wishing we sat him. or if he misses blocks and cant run then you’ll definitely say i wish he was out. So im not sure where youre going with “it hasnt been confirmed he’s out”. He’s out

Just now, caponine said:

Ill humor you then lets say Freeman plays Sunday even though he’s obviously still in pain. What happens if tears an acl or something?? then your wishing we sat him. or if he misses blocks and cant run then you’ll definitely say i wish he was out. So im not sure where youre going with “it hasnt been confirmed he’s out”. He’s out

You didn't humor me, you completely missed the point which was either willful, or ignorance.  Either way this is pointless.

It is speculation at this point, but it looks like he will be out. Based on history, players almost never suit up if they don't practice this late in the week. Makes you glad we have a starting caliber back-up in Coleman. I wouldn't be surprised if they took it easy with Freeman because he is a different player when banged up. Last year, he was not the same player and had fumbling issues which is not him.