achin2be

Atlanta -6 vs the Panties

51 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I thought we were a 6 point favorite?  What the heck?!?!?! 

-6 means you start the game at a 6 point deficit which means you are a 6 point favorite. They believe in you so much the other team needs the +6 points

FalconJim and Byrdman242424 like this

I'd like to think we'll cover but, when Luke is playing Matt always seems to have trouble. My gut tells me we win big (just like I thought with Philly and, yes we easily could've) but, history shows we play stingy close games with them, even when we shouldn't.

Here's why they're 6 point favorites:

Panther Oline from last years playoff game: 

M Kalil, Nowell, R Kalil, Turner, Williams 

M Kalil & Williams are on IR, Norwell left in FA, Turner is in concussion protocol. That's 4 of 5 different.

Starting LT and LG have started 1 game each in their careers [last week], starting RT will have been with the team 2 weeks or 3 weeks, depending on which guy they just picked up they start.

Be really depressing if the Falcons Dline doesn't control the LOS scrimmage the whole game.

I was just a little surprised due to our injuries on D... I get the home field advantage, but given this being a divisional game it just seems high. I predict it will come down slightly before game day.

Halcon-1 likes this

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

They want money on the Panthers. They are baiting people into doing it. They expect Atlanta will win, so they are trying to make more money. 

I get it, but at the end of the day the falcons still have to cover the points. 6 seems high IMO.

6 hours ago, sdogg said:

Is Cam and McCaffery out?

Oslen, who is Cam's Safety Blanket is out. One of his best offensive linemen is out. Let's not turn Christian into Marshall Faulk just yet.

7 minutes ago, Atownbrave said:

If we had a better offensive coordinator they probably pick us to win lol

They are. That's the point of this thread, dummy.

rugger8 likes this

7 hours ago, fuego said:

Makes sense. We're gonna win. 

Depends on which Matt Ryan shows up for the game. Home opener he better have his game face ready and not the noodle arm.

PokerSteve likes this

And expect a ton of Joe Public action on the Panthers. This is one of those lines people look at and think "EASY MONEY".

Wait to see if the line hits -4 and jump on it if it does.

1 minute ago, big_dog said:

:lol:

Yeah you may think it's funny but they're going to get the jerk off here soon I'm going to make sure of it

Edited by Atownbrave

1 minute ago, Atownbrave said:

Big laughter with tears

Yeah you may think it's funny but they're going to get the jerk off here soon I'm going to make sure of it

7 hours ago, falconidae said:

Here's why they're 6 point favorites:

Panther Oline from last years playoff game: 

M Kalil, Nowell, R Kalil, Turner, Williams 

M Kalil & Williams are on IR, Norwell left in FA, Turner is in concussion protocol. That's 4 of 5 different.

Starting LT and LG have started 1 game each in their careers [last week], starting RT will have been with the team 2 weeks or 3 weeks, depending on which guy they just picked up they start.

Be really depressing if the Falcons Dline doesn't control the LOS scrimmage the whole game.

They actually have a solid defense as well

8 hours ago, achin2be said:

I get it, but at the end of the day the falcons still have to cover the points. 6 seems high IMO.

I think it is high. But I do think the line will come down.