Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Mychal Kendricks

19 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I'm not even sure what constitutes punishment anymore....

Ray Rice hits female, caught on camera, career over.

Joe Mixon hits female, caught on camera, evolves into star RB.

There is NO perfect example of what happens.

I think the situations here were different. Ray Rice's altercation was sort of swept under the rug by the league until the video surfaced. This forced the league's hands who needed to save face. It's also been stated that Rice lied to the NFL about what happened. To put this in perspective, one day after Rice was indicted on 3rd degree aggravated assault, he married the woman he hit. This means that she could invoke spousal privilege and wouldn't have to testify against him. So it basically means the whole case is pointless.

In the case of Joe Mixon the video showed him getting ready to leave, the woman engaging him, pushing him, then striking him first, then he retaliated. Not advocating the behavior just pointing out the differences.

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think the situations here were different. Ray Rice's altercation was sort of swept under the rug by the league until the video surfaced. This forced the league's hands who needed to save face. It's also been stated that Rice lied to the NFL about what happened. To put this in perspective, one day after Rice was indicted on 3rd degree aggravated assault, he married the woman he hit. This means that she could invoke spousal privilege and wouldn't have to testify against him. So it basically means the whole case is pointless.

In the case of Joe Mixon the video showed him getting ready to leave, the woman engaging him, pushing him, then striking him first, then he retaliated. Not advocating the behavior just pointing out the differences.

The ONLY reason Mixon is playing right now is Bc he settled out of court. Who knows what she gettin paid but had she continued course..Ouch. He broke that chicks eye socket

2 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

The ONLY reason Mixon is playing right now is Bc he settled out of court. Who knows what she gettin paid but had she continued course..Ouch. He broke that chicks eye socket

Perhaps. I doubt she got as much as one would expect, especially given the evidence. The settlement was done so that it didn't hurt his draft stock any more than it already did. Pay now or pay more later. Mixon came out on top in this case.

Yikes. Well there is an old saying, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."