Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Mychal Kendricks

10 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What evidence do you have that he wont make it that long? Nobody knows how long he'll be available. But again, we only need him to play for 8 games. I realize he won't be fully acclimated but I think he has the talent to be great in our system and given we have games to play (and hopefully win) we should do our best to shore up our roster due to the injuries. 

Unless you're fully confident in Riley. Who doesn't have a ton of experience starting in our system either. At least Kendricks is a proven starter

When did likely mean definitely? I can speak confidently about this for 3 reasons. This team most definitely will NOT bring in a player who they know is about to get in some big trouble. Secondly, he’s going to be playing for a team come Monday night. Thirdly, for whatever reason, I know Quinn thinks the world of an unproven Riley. 

The reason why Kendricks can't be put on the Commissioner's Exempt list is because he didn't commit a violent crime. It's still a major crime though.

The NFL is trying to figure out how to go about this.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/mychal-kendricks-situation-under-review-by-the-nfl/

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The reason why Kendricks can't be put on the Commissioner's Exempt list is because he didn't commit a violent crime. It's still a major crime though.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/mychal-kendricks-situation-under-review-by-the-nfl/

I'd be really surprised if they actually let him play.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

it's different when you only serve a year or 2. dude can possibly get more than 20 years. aint no coming back from that. now I aint saying I have a problem with what he did or don't have an issue but I don't see the point in wasting time for a few games. the falcons need players for the long haul, not short term fixes

It doesn't really matter now Bc he's signed but the point was, if we get exploited Bc of injury and go 3-4 over the first 7 it doesn't matter. The season will be pretty much over at that point.

5 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Yeah I had seen the story, just being a wise guy toward those that don't seem to realize there is no question of guilt when he has already plead guilty.

ok I got you. Yeah I'm not sure how they can't equate a guilty plea with conviction. What I don't understand is how the **** is he not suspended? If we suspend for domestic stuff we have to do the same for white collar crime, no?

Wouldn't it be some stuff if this comes to light as being common in the NFL, and Goodell himself being involved?

Heard it here first if so.

20 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

It doesn't really matter now Bc he's signed but the point was, if we get exploited Bc of injury and go 3-4 over the first 7 it doesn't matter. The season will be pretty much over at that point.

They could have been exploited before injury. Makes no difference if we’re being honest

21 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

ok I got you. Yeah I'm not sure how they can't equate a guilty plea with conviction. What I don't understand is how the **** is he not suspended? If we suspend for domestic stuff we have to do the same for white collar crime, no?

Wouldn't it be some stuff if this comes to light as being common in the NFL, and Goodell himself being involved?

I'd highly doubt there is a precedent with this one seeing as how it is not violent, etc. 

That said, I'd expect the NFL to do it anyways to try to keep some consistency. They can't all of the sudden start saying "innocent until proven guilty" at this point.

10 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I've got to think that Seattle inquired if he would be suspended before signing him, and were reassured that he wouldn't be.

Carroll and the Seahawks love taking risks. They are in desperate need of LBs due to injuries.

The NFL could easily make a decision anytime. Maybe he's good to go for MNF, but his status is still very unsure after that.

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Thee is nothing in the language of the exempt list that says anything about violent crime.  Goodell has authority to put him on the exempt list.  I can only guess that he didn't because he didn't figure that any team would be fool enough to sign him.  Now that the Seahawks have, I am guessing he is going to suspend him indefinitely.

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

It's a good question and my only guess is Goodell didn't think anyone would sign him with his sentencing two months away.  Surprise Roger.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Thee is nothing in the language of the exempt list that says anything about violent crime.  Goodell has authority to put him on the exempt list.  I can only guess that he didn't because he didn't figure that any team would be fool enough to sign him.  Now that the Seahawks have, I am guessing he is going to suspend him indefinitely.

Well I guess Florio is wrong yet again.

The man is a hack.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:26 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Folks are ridiculous. Mychal Kendricks would be huge for us. We actually need him too. I've seen guys convicted of domestic abuse given more of a chance than this guy...

Please bring him home TD

BINGO! 

Insider trading? Worse human being scum of the earth. Domestic abuser and beating on women? Oh we can understand whipping your girl with a belt

He's good for the year....He's already paid back the money...Im hearing he's probably going to get a couple of years..3 tops...so Seattle is not losing anything....also...insider trading doesn't fall in the conduct policy....plus...he's going to jail....his suspension would probably run concurrently with his time...

Make a few bucks before he goes to country club prison

17 hours ago, Peyton said:

I'm not even sure what constitutes punishment anymore....

Ray Rice hits female, caught on camera, career over.

Joe Mixon hits female, caught on camera, evolves into star RB.

There is NO perfect example of what happens.

30 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I'm not even sure what constitutes punishment anymore....

Ray Rice hits female, caught on camera, career over.

Joe Mixon hits female, caught on camera, evolves into star RB.

There is NO perfect example of what happens.

If Ray Rice hadn't started to suck before he hit the woman, he would still have a job. Nobody wants the headache if you can't play.