GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Mychal Kendricks

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Probably gets lesser time.  He’ll do the Martha Stewart.

He can only hope he gets the Martha treatment. (She arrested for lying to the feds not insider trading) But a slight issue of excess pigmentation may prevent that any slap of the wrist from happening. 

KRUNKuno likes this

2 minutes ago, ICD said:

He can only hope he gets the Martha treatment. (She arrested for lying to the feds not insider trading) But a slight issue of excess pigmentation may prevent that any slap of the wrist from happening. 

This is true.  Being on the lighter end of the spectrum, however, may help his fortunes.

socalriseup likes this

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Kendricks himself admitted to insider trading.

He's going to prison.

He ain't going until his hearing so there's that. I wanted him for a month and that's that.

Edited by GET-ME-A-DB-TD

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Seahawks signed him. IDG why everyone is so down on the idea. I mean he was the only available LB that fits our scheme. Also he may have inside info on other teams' offenses. 

Would have. I agree, one would think pleading guilty to a felony that carries up to a 25 yr sentence wold be grounds for suspension.

Can't B suspended until your convicted

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm sure he will while all this plays out. But I think this could end his career, also he could get out of it so.

Bro...if Vick and AP can get back in...ANYBODY can get back in. 

You can beat some dogs and beat yo kids but if you slap a woman...izza wrap.

30 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Bro...if Vick and AP can get back in...ANYBODY can get back in. 

You can beat some dogs and beat yo kids but if you slap a woman...izza wrap.

Vick went to prison dude, QB's have a longer shelf life than LB's. He could spend his prime in prison.

From @NFLprguy on soon-to-be #Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks, who is awaiting federal sentencing: “The matter is under review. He is currently permitted to sign and participate in activities including games.”

He faces up to 25 years in prison when he's sentenced in December. Kendricks also faces the possibility of discipline under the NFL's personal conduct policy.
DawnOfThemBirds and ya_boi_j like this

11 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Folks are ridiculous. Mychal Kendricks would be huge for us. We actually need him too. I've seen guys convicted of domestic abuse given more of a chance than this guy...

Please bring him home TD

it's different when you only serve a year or 2. dude can possibly get more than 20 years. aint no coming back from that. now I aint saying I have a problem with what he did or don't have an issue but I don't see the point in wasting time for a few games. the falcons need players for the long haul, not short term fixes

10 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Allegedly 

best case scenario for him is he gets fined

The term “insider trading” seems to pop up in the news with a fair degree of frequency. Celebrities have even been accused of engaging in it, like Martha Stewart. But what is insider trading and why is it illegal?

The first thing that you should know which might surprise you is that not all insider trading is illegal. The illegal variety of insider trading occurs when a securities transaction (i.e., purchase or sale of stocks) is influenced by knowledge that only a small group of people inside of the company whose stocks are being traded would know about. This obviously gives the insider trader an unfair advantage that allows them to profit from information about a potential up or down tick in a company's trading value before others in the market.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is the government agency responsible for monitoring these kinds of transactions. It has adopted rules regarding insider trading that define it as any securities transaction made when a person involved in the trade has nonpublic, material information, and uses this information to violate his or her duty to maintain the confidentiality of such knowledge by using it for financial gain.

Insider information is “material” if its release would affect a company's stock price. For example, the announcement of a tender offer, a pending merger, a positive earnings report, the pending release of a new product, etc.

A person is defined as an “insider” if they have a relationship with a business that makes them privy to information that has yet to be released to the public. Insiders are expected to maintain a fiduciary relationship with their companies and shareholders, and trying to profit from insider information puts the insider's interests above those of the entities to whom they owe this duty.

Sometimes people outside of a company can run afoul of these laws, as well, using information obtained from those on the inside to seek a profit, even if the insider does not directly profit. In these situations, there is a “tipper” and a “tippee.” The tipper is the person who has broken his or her fiduciary duty by intentionally revealing confidential information to outsiders. The tippee is the person who knowingly uses that confidential information to make a trade for purposes of turning a profit or avoiding a financial loss.

Obviously, the reason insider trading is illegal is because it gives the insider an unfair advantage in the market, puts the interests of the insider above those to whom he or she owes a fiduciary duty, and allows an insider to artificially influence the value of a company's stocks.

If you or someone you know has engaged in insider trading, this is a very serious situation requiring legal assistance. An insider or his or her accomplices could face considerable fines and even federal prison sentences. For more information on insider trading and to obtain legal assistance please visit our Law Firms page and search for an attorney in your area who focuses on securities and/or criminal law.

DawnOfThemBirds and KRUNKuno like this

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

it's different when you only serve a year or 2. dude can possibly get more than 20 years. aint no coming back from that. now I aint saying I have a problem with what he did or don't have an issue but I don't see the point in wasting time for a few games. the falcons need players for the long haul, not short term fixes

Nah, we have the players for the long haul. We need players to hold us until they get back. Eric Red and Mychal Kendricks would do nicely until Keke and Debo return.

6 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

He ain't going until his hearing so there's that. I wanted him for a month and that's that.

He could be facing suspension very soon.

6 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Can't B suspended until your convicted

Not true

Tell that to Ezekiel Elliot, who was never convicted for domestic violence. Even Jameis Winston wasn't convicted of sexual assault but he is now doing a suspension.

They were accused and not convicted. Mychal Kendricks was accused of illegal insider trading and actually admitted to doing it. Him admitting it will probably cop him a plea deal, but he will still do some good time and it'll more than likely be a wrap for his NFL career.

6 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Nah, we have the players for the long haul. We need players to hold us until they get back. Eric Red and Mychal Kendricks would do nicely until Keke and Debo return.

That depends on when Goodell and the NFL decides to bring forth a suspension.

It could be this coming week or even a few weeks. No one knows, but it's coming.

ya_boi_j and Kung Fu Kenny like this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Kendricks likely wont even make it that long for Seattle. Reid would be nice but neither would get playing time right away because they don't know the playbook at all. and don't say Khalil mack did it.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

35 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Kendricks likely wont even make it that long for Seattle. Reid would be nice but neither would get playing time right away because they don't know the playbook at all. and don't say Khalil mack did it.

What evidence do you have that he wont make it that long? Nobody knows how long he'll be available. But again, we only need him to play for 8 games. I realize he won't be fully acclimated but I think he has the talent to be great in our system and given we have games to play (and hopefully win) we should do our best to shore up our roster due to the injuries. 

Unless you're fully confident in Riley. Who doesn't have a ton of experience starting in our system either. At least Kendricks is a proven starter