MayorWest13

Sark fires back at Warner criticism

244 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Matt didn't do great either.. Didn't say none of this wasn't on him.. Stretch plays and tosses on short yardage, repeated screens that dont fool anyone is still on Sark. We had times where we didn't execute Shannys plays and still managed to score more than a td a game. 

We gave up less than a T.D than 2016 and were in TOP10 and brilliant in red zone defense.

So its a moot point that we scored a T.D less...

If you ADD UP all the pivotal moments of easy dropped catches by Hooper, Sanu & Julio that bails out Sark right out of the gates.

Sark has been a scape goat in totality!

Veteran players need to help him out.

If I were them, I wont let someone tarnish my coaches name game after game....I would actually learn to execute on my part and leave rest up to almighty above.

athell and Halcon-1 like this

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

If I were them, I wont let someone tarnish my coaches name game after game....I would actually learn to execute on my part and leave rest up to almighty above.

Interesting thought.  We saw a team quit on Mike Smith and roll over, I wonder if there is some similar stuff going on with Sark.  Maybe the guys just don't want to play for him.

All speculation clearly but interesting thought...

⚡Slumerican⚡ and caponine like this

Just now, athell said:

Interesting thought.  We saw a team quit on Mike Smith and roll over, I wonder if there is some similar stuff going on with Sark.  Maybe the guys just don't want to play for him.

Thats my exact theory, they dont like Sark ....period! 

I just dont see Ryan , WR core gelling with him.

Its too formal and uptight! 

They dont seem to enjoy the game anymore.  

34 minutes ago, athell said:

Biggest thing with k Shannahan is he stayed on Ryan's *** till Ryan bought into the system.. I believe Ryan plays better when he's pissed off.. Sark is way to passive imo.. I just don't buy into Ryan or even any of the players actually respecting Sark.. It's jmo

athell likes this

52 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We gave up less than a T.D than 2016 and were in TOP10 and brilliant in red zone defense.

If you ADD UP all the pivotal moments of easy dropped catches by Hooper, Sanu & Julio that bails out Sark right out of the gates.

Can't be a scapegoat if it's justified. Again yes players have played their part, I'm not putting it 100% on Sark. But he's predictable, eagles said it last year they saw the formation and knew what was coming. The amount of broken screens tell you that also. We'll see with a greater sample size, Matt included, and see if he's learned better ways to generate some drives that result in points. Our players are not being utilized to their potential or skillset. That's exactly what Shanny was able to do, and Sark has definetly not gotten that down quite yet. 

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

QFT

I know that any NFL OC whom wants to win on Sundays does not have time to spend arguing with every NFL media analyst, but it sure is refreshing to see our OC casually put Warner in his place.

I wouldn't be surprised if KW is privately embarrassed that he blurt-tweeted before reviewing the tape ...

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

40 minutes ago, falcoatlantae said:

I know that any NFL OC whom wants to win on Sundays does not have time to spend arguing with every NFL media analyst, but it sure is refreshing to see our OC casually put Warner in his place.

I wouldn't be surprised if KW is privately embarrassed that he blurt-tweeted before reviewing the tape ...

My guess is he honestly don't give a sh#t.. Whatever defense they were playing we ran the same 3 plays in a row and fu#ked the goat on the last one when Coleman was wide open.. So imo if that's the battle Sark wants to fight he's already lost 

caponine likes this

When you troubleshoot, you always go back to the last thing you changed. For the Atlanta Falcons offense, its him. Therefore he must be the problem. Granted, he's no Kyle Shanahan, but he should be able to at least come up with something to make this loaded, talented offense click.

I don't get to make the decisions so I can't fire him, but I will be watching for what that's worth, and he's got about 2 more chances to show me something before I completely give up on him.

17 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Sark makes enough calls to consistently get the team in the red zone.  The problem is once we get in the red zone Matt seems to tighten up.  He's not going through his progressions, releasing the ball on-time (holding longer than need to), and making accurate throws (under or over thrown).  This began last season and is continuing into this season.  This is something that has to get worked out with Matt (find the open man), Sark (quicker tempo plays perhaps) and Knapp (fundamentals)

PMF showed clear evidence that there were open receivers in the red zone (capable of scoring) that were not even considered by Ryan.  Combine those gaffs with some inaccurate throws, and you have the results we saw in game one.    

It is not easy to score in the red zone.  It is not easy to adapt to a new OC.  And it sure isn't easy to complete a pass when big uglies are pressuring you to throw in less than 4 seconds.  But these are things that a top-paid QB has to do.  

Matt Ryan lost the first game of this season, not Sark.   

17 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Matt was a league MVP the year before Sark got here, Sark gets here and the offense turns to crap, gee I wonder what happened?

Adapting to a new OC is never easy. Ryan's production dropped when he switched to Shannahan, as it did when he switched again to Sarkisian.  Add an OL that couldn't protect the QB and you get the 2017 season on offense.  

athell likes this

21 minutes ago, etherdome said:

PMF showed clear evidence that there were open receivers in the red zone (capable of scoring) that were not even considered by Ryan.  Combine those gaffs with some inaccurate throws, and you have the results we saw in game one.    

It is not easy to score in the red zone.  It is not easy to adapt to a new OC.  And it sure isn't easy to complete a pass when big uglies are pressuring you to throw in less than 4 seconds.  But these are things that a top-paid QB has to do.  

Matt Ryan lost the first game of this season, not Sark.   

What's hilarious is the folks that think Sark is the reason Ryan made all those bad throws and decisions and is the reason for the penalties and dropped passes. That's just leaves me rolling.

11 hours ago, falcoatlantae said:

Good post, we have some blurt posting "fans."

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What's hilarious is the folks that think Sark is the reason Ryan made all those bad throws and decisions and is the reason for the penalties and dropped passes. That's just leaves me rolling.

Yep, no matter how many examples they are given they ignore poor play.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, GhostofGritz said:

Yeah, just being honest here...I'm putting the offensive woes from the Eagles game more on Ryan than Sark. The plays were there (enough to win)...Ryan's execution wasn't.

Ryan seemed to be off target all day. We know he's capable of much better than that so I don't know what was up.

GhostofGritz likes this

19 hours ago, athell said:

Maybe the guys just don't want to play for him.

Almost like they, I don't know, lack confidence in him.

You argued with me for 2 pages to turn around and essentially repeat what I said.

Good talk.

Edited by knomercy

On 9/14/2018 at 9:38 AM, Duff_Man said:

What mystical plane do you live in where 4 PRO BOWLERS (your words) had their confidence sucked out by a coach? Is he like Rogue from the X-Men or something? 

This is all just fairy tale crap in your mind.

Yes, the idea of professional athletes overthinking what is being asked of them & therefore not executing up to their abilities due to -- wait for it -- a lack of confidence in & subsequent aggravation with their coach, his game planning & ability to call plays is "fairytale crap".

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=instill+confidence+NFL

Hit that "instill confidence NFL" link and tell me what you find.

tl:dr -- there are a bunch of articles about NFL coaches instilling (or not) confidence in their players.

Again -- folks just arguing for the sake of arguing because they hate being wrong.

Same old TATF.

Edited by knomercy

27 minutes ago, knomercy said:

Almost like they, I don't know, lack confidence in him.

You argued with me for 2 pages to turn around and essentially repeat what I said.

Good talk.

Except one has nothing to do with the other.  You are grasping at straws my dude and I most definitely am not repeating the garbage you are pushing.

Good talk tho.

12 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

When you troubleshoot, you always go back to the last thing you changed. For the Atlanta Falcons offense, its him. Therefore he must be the problem. Granted, he's no Kyle Shanahan, but he should be able to at least come up with something to make this loaded, talented offense click.

I don't get to make the decisions so I can't fire him, but I will be watching for what that's worth, and he's got about 2 more chances to show me something before I completely give up on him.

I guess this works when you're troubleshooting a single series circuit...but that's not an NFL team in an ever changing NFL.

HERP DERP I WISH I HAD THE CONFIDENCE I HAD PRIOR TO SARK TO CATCH THAT BALL THAT HIT ME SQUARE IN THE HANDS!

DARN SARK!  PRIOR TO HIM DRAINING MY SELF ESTEEM I WOULD HAVE MADE THAT READ!

Womp Womp...maybe next year...

Atlanta Eeyore's y'all.  Oh bother...

caponine and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, athell said:

Except one has nothing to do with the other..

Yes, players don't want to play for an OC because they disagree with his politics. Or don't like his taste in movies. Or can't get around his halitosis.

Or -- HEAR ME OUT -- his coaching ability does not inspire confidence in them.

1 minute ago, knomercy said:

Yes, players don't want to play for an OC because they disagree with his politics. Or don't like his taste in movies. Or can't get around his halitosis.

Or -- HEAR ME OUT -- his coaching ability does not inspire confidence in them.

Lol...whatever you say bud.

Your posting does not inspire confidence so I'll just leave this one alone.  I'm also gonna set up some therapy and team building sessions between Sark and his Offense.  I think you are onto something big.

Trust falls for days!