New iPhone and Apple Watch in less than two hours...

6 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That depends, actually.  Did you check out the new series 4 released yesterday?  It's the most significant upgrade since the first watch was released.  There's a lot more in the new version that, for me, is probably worth the extra money.  

That was geared more towards the guy asking which watch to get for his wife. Otherwise, I’d completely agree with you.

4 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Apple Watch: 

Whats the main difference between having cellular and not?   Just being able to make calls?  Leaving the phone at home or in the car during a function? 

Yep, pretty much.  JDaveG has cellular so he knows more about it than I do.  But my understanding is that you can make calls, download music and podcasts, and otherwise have cellular calling and data available without the phone.  

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yep, pretty much.  JDaveG has cellular so he knows more about it than I do.  But my understanding is that you can make calls, download music and podcasts, and otherwise have cellular calling and data available without the phone.  

Correct — it’s just streaming and making calls. Basically, if you always have your phone with you, you don’t need cellular at all.