Arkridge

Atlanta Should Reach Out to Arizona About Haason Reddick

31 posts in this topic

Reddick was very underwhelming as a rookie. This year in preseason he didn't do much, didn't even get much playing time. Week 1 of the regular season and he's seemingly fell behind on the Cardinals depth chart behind playing only 19% of their defensive snaps. 14 snaps overall. In Arizona's post game press conference, Steve Wilks was asked about Haason Reddick and why he hasn't been able to land more playing time and his answer was a short, simple "He's still trying to figure out of the position".

Reddick's rookie year with the Cardinals was maligned by position moves where he was never able to settle into one spot and really get comfortable. I honestly feel like they've done him a disservice so far. Most teams would be reluctant to trade off a first round draft pick so quickly but if the organization feels like we're truly in "win now" mode, I think it would be worth looking into.

Dan Quinn was reportedly in love with Haason Reddick's potential so much that Atlanta considered a trade up to get him. It didn't happen, but Dan Quinn obviously had a vision for where he fits in on the defense and the way he's molded the young linebackers we've had so far and the progress we've seen from a guy who couldn't be more raw in Oluokun, I'm inclined to believe Dan Quinn could put Reddick's career on the right trajectory.

 

I don't know what sort of draft/trade capital we'd have to give up to make this happen, but is this something you'd like to see the Atlanta Falcons explore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

Reddick was very underwhelming as a rookie. This year in preseason he didn't do much, didn't even get much playing time. Week 1 of the regular season and he's seemingly fell behind on the Cardinals depth chart behind playing only 19% of their defensive snaps. 14 snaps overall. In Arizona's post game press conference, Steve Wilks was asked about Haason Reddick and why he hasn't been able to land more playing time and his answer was a short, simple "He's still trying to figure out of the position".

Reddick's rookie year with the Cardinals was maligned by position moves where he was never able to settle into one spot and really get comfortable. I honestly feel like they've done him a disservice so far. Most teams would be reluctant to trade off a first round draft pick so quickly but if the organization feels like we're truly in "win now" mode, I think it would be worth looking into.

Dan Quinn was reportedly in love with Haason Reddick's potential so much that Atlanta considered a trade up to get him. It didn't happen, but Dan Quinn obviously had a vision for where he fits in on the defense and the way he's molded the young linebackers we've had so far and the progress we've seen from a guy who couldn't be more raw in Oluokun, I'm inclined to believe Dan Quinn could put Reddick's career on the right trajectory.

 

I don't know what sort of draft/trade capital we'd have to give up to make this happen, but is this something you'd like to see the Atlanta Falcons explore?

I like this option better tan bringing a guy off the scrap heap and believe you are correct.

Reddick is immensely talented and would be a scheme fit for our Defense.  He has the speed Quinn covets and is versátile.

I think you could get him for a conditional draft pick in the 4-6 range depending on his performance here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lostnmexico said:

I like this option better tan bringing a guy off the scrap heap and believe you are correct.

Reddick is immensely talented and would be a scheme fit for our Defense.  He has the speed Quinn covets and is versátile.

I think you could get him for a conditional draft pick in the 4-6 range depending on his performance here.

I don't know about 4-6. I think maybe a 3rd right now would be around his range, I'd be elated if we could get him for less than that.

My thing is, Dan Quinn wanted him badly it seemed. We saw sooo many rumors from so many different outlets that we were looking for a trade up if he fell out of the top 15. He went 14. Daniel Jeremiah said we threw out an offer but it was declined. We had a vision for him and I think he fits perfectly. He's better than any of the depth we've brought in post injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

So you want to bring in someone that can't figure out a position for 2 years but ask him to come here and be ready in weeks? Brilliant.

No one ever said he'd be an instant contributor. I said he'd fit much better in Atlanta then Arizona. He'd be a rotational guy with the other 1-2 guys we've brought in/will rotate in wake of Deion's injury.

Bobby.Digital likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Theres a reason hes not getting snaps in Cardinals....his work ethic is questionable and tardiness.

We dont want him.

Where have you heard this? Everything I've heard is it's more Arizona moving him all over instead of letting him adjust to one position. What what I've seen Arizona just doesn't know how to handle him and I think Dan Quinn had a plan for this when he wanted him last year.

lostnmexico and Knight of God like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

Where have you heard this? Everything I've heard is it's more Arizona moving him all over instead of letting him adjust to one position. What what I've seen Arizona just doesn't know how to handle him and I think Dan Quinn had a plan for this when he wanted him last year.

I wouldn’t care if it were true. Plus I’m tired of hearing that type thing as a reason 

Arkridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

It's a stupid reason. The board still acts like every single person on the roster has to have an identical personality & character traits.

It’s not their fault. It was lie they were served

Arkridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Arkridge. Are you from AZ ? 

Heard this on the local sports radio yesterday about what they should do with him. Dude is having a hard time sniffing any PT  

Although gifted, he was the previous regimes draft pick for that style so the maybe willing move him. 

Arkridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ICD said:

@Arkridge. Are you from AZ ? 

Heard this on the local sports radio yesterday about what they should do with him. Dude is having a hard time sniffing any PT  

Although gifted, he was the previous regimes draft pick for that style so the maybe willing move him. 

Nah, Cali actually.

Being from a previous regime is another thing I didn't address. That means more than some may think. He isn't a Wilks pick.

ICD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Cards are not going to give up on a freak athlete in his 2nd year unfortunately. 

I wouldn't be so sure given he's a draft pick from a different regime and not even breaking 20 snaps in their opener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be very risky giving up draft capital for a 1st round pick that cannot get on the field - would need to do a lot of reconnaissance before giving up draft capital higher than a 6th rounder - concerning it could blow up in your face.

If Reddick is just a poor scheme fit (I remember he was very light for his skill set) for Zona and would fit better for us, then sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now