Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byrdman242424

How is the season over???

56 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Seeing the posts and polls about the season being over and other dramatic takes, makes me wonder......

How much confidence do people REALLY have in Matt Ryan to carry this team? Because we lost 2 important young defenders. Yes. But this offense is still intact. Why are you panicking? Matt Ryan is going to have to put up points. I’m seeing a lot that makes me think you guys don’t believe in #2. 

I would say you are right on.  While I have not said the season is over, I see a disturbing trend.  1.)  The game this team played against the Eagles was a continuation of last year.  The offense isn't the same as 2016 and can't seem to get going.  2.)  Matt Ryan I don't think has technically ever carried this team.  He has been a really good QB that has a lot to work with.  You give him prime ingredients, he can cook up a masterpiece.  3.)  We have taken some blows on defense.  Losing a starting safety and our best player on D, the MLB.  I think the D will still be ok, but not sure if we can count on it.  Will have to see if Duke has improved and can step up.  4.)  This next one is what I have been seeing/hearing around Matt Ryan.  Local radio guys were all about Ryan before he got his deal.  It was, "hey, Brady is playing beyond 40.  Matt is built just like him and has been super durable."  I know these media guys have nothing to do with anything, but keep those kinds of comparisons out of your mouth.  I think too many folks seems to believe things that are just not there.  It seems that a lot of people have tended to look at '17 as the aberration for Matt instead of '16.  I truly believe in catching "lightning" in a bottle and the "perfect storm."  I think that is what happened in 2016.  I think moving forward, it will be hard to ever get that type of performance from Matt and the offense.

I want to be wrong about 2016 vs 2017.  I just see things trending the wrong way.  I think this organization and the media types like Matt too much right now.  Almost to a fault.  You can't be paid like he is and be a "shrinking violet."

A little bit of adversity and you tuck your tails between your legs and run home.

WOW just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Ryan is now hot garbage.

That loss pissed me off bad and I hate injuries but life is tough and it isn't fair despite what you've been told by your media gods.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Go Falcons

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

As I was typing it, you posted it.

Good job, good attitude.

Go Falcons

WhenFalconsWin likes this

12 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Seeing the posts and polls about the season being over and other dramatic takes, makes me wonder......

How much confidence do people REALLY have in Matt Ryan to carry this team? Because we lost 2 important young defenders. Yes. But this offense is still intact. Why are you panicking? Matt Ryan is going to have to put up points. I’m seeing a lot that makes me think you guys don’t believe in #2. 

We have a number of emotionally immature people here that can't take the heat.  The similarities between some of the posters on here and my 11 year old daughter are startling.