Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Byrdman242424

How is the season over???

56 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** now Aaron Rodgers is officially on IR

Nah, but they did pump Rodgers full of happy pills

@JMRogers14: This man Aaron Rodgers must’ve taken the strongest pain pills during halftime. He was absolutely geeked out of his mind during the post game interview https://twitter.com/JMRogers14/status/1039250773383802881/video/1

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, but they did pump Rodgers full of happy pulls 

@JMRogers14: This man Aaron Rodgers must’ve taken the strongest pain pills during halftime. He was absolutely geeked out of his mind during the post game interview https://twitter.com/JMRogers14/status/1039250773383802881/video/1

No he’s really on injured reserve

31 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Reality is going to be a ***** for some of you. You gotta be high to think this team is going amount to anything this year especially after losing our 2 best defensive players

Well I didn’t expect us to make the SB in 2016 so life balances itself out then.  

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, but they did pump Rodgers full of happy pulls 

Must have been a premature tweet I saw. I went to look for it and didn’t see it

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Aaron Rodgers had 1 of the best seasons ever. We don't have that guy.

No he didn’t.

Less than 4K yards passing. 28 TDs and 11 INTs. Matt easily has that in him. Basically his average.

Its less about Rodgers and more about their D for their SB run in that sense. Both were important.

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Did you watch the video? Rodgers was absolutely tore up on something lol

Nah I didn’t. 

But there has been far too many injuries around the league to begin the year. Greg Olsen refractured his foot or something. Tampa lost a corner. 

40 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Reality is going to be a ***** for some of you. You gotta be high to think this team is going amount to anything this year especially after losing our 2 best defensive players

I bet you are the life of the party. I would be worried if it was Grady instead of Debo.

Macknsweetjones likes this

I'm going to wait until the first quarter of the season is in the books.  

And even then, I'm going to consider that Debo could return for game 8, 9, or 10.

And even then, in the immortal words of Yogi Berra1 ...

1: or was that Lenny Kravitz?

21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Aaron Rodgers had 1 of the best seasons ever. We don't have that guy.

Even with the loss of Jones and Neal, this is a defense where QBs struggle to pass for 250 yards on. If they can focus on stopping the run, we'll be OK.Offense has to be able to take advantage of opportunities. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

1 hour ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Seeing the posts and polls about the season being over and other dramatic takes, makes me wonder......

How much confidence do people REALLY have in Matt Ryan to carry this team? Because we lost 2 important young defenders. Yes. But this offense is still intact. Why are you panicking? Matt Ryan is going to have to put up points. I’m seeing a lot that makes me think you guys don’t believe in #2. 

It's over because our $30 million a year QB is garbage and our Offensive Cord is only qualified to run a high school offense. However, I will gladly eat crow if Matt Ryan and our OC turn it around, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Seeing the posts and polls about the season being over and other dramatic takes, makes me wonder......

How much confidence do people REALLY have in Matt Ryan to carry this team? Because we lost 2 important young defenders. Yes. But this offense is still intact. Why are you panicking? Matt Ryan is going to have to put up points. I’m seeing a lot that makes me think you guys don’t believe in #2. 

Can you make a negative call on Ryan for me? He won the MVP last time you did so it'd be for all of us really. 

No team is going to have the same roster at the end of the year that it had at the beginning due to injuries - the question is how well they adjust to these injuries.

The Falcons will have Deion back by playoff time and although they have lost their hard-hitting safety Neal, they still have an energetic fill-in named Kazee that will do quite well.

The offense has all the parts and just needs time together to restore its 2016 levels (they should have done this in preseason but obviously did not).

hotlanta likes this

Sadly, i have to admit this season is a wash.

I really expected more.

We will win some games, and look good doing it. Maybe beat hated New Orleans.

In one game we lost TWO of our best defensive players.

But we aint winnin' no SB without our D.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just feel like this will be another wasted year.  Sark just isn't showing me anything to give me hope.  I would have more faith in this team with Knapp as OC, not saying he'd be the fix to the red zone issues,  but I believe he'd have to be better than Sark.  The loses on d are a concern, but as you can see, my biggest concern is the offense. Normally I'm not this negative about any season, but I truly believe Sark's killing the offense & possibly the year.  Just hoping he either completely changes and proves me wrong (highly unlikely) or gets demoted soon, so the can start rolling.

3 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

It's not over. I still see us going 10-6. Not sure if that will get us into the playoffs though.

With our talent, that's an acceptable record.

Well, if the plan is to make Riley the MLB, we really don't lose that much in terms of speed, if I understand correctly. The problem will be angles and having a functioning cerebral cortex. But Riley has the athletic ability to fill in and not be a total facepalm. It's just a matter of whether or not he puts it together mentally. There's definitely going to be a dropoff, but sometimes people get a shot and they surprise you. Kazee I think will be fine.

Sark calling that same play 3 times in a row is a bit scary, because it indicates both that he is stubborn and that he hasn't learned anything from last year. Ryan will be fine, but the offensive side of the ball is going to have to be pretty consistently good for us to make the playoffs. If average defenses are giving us trouble regularly, we're looking at a 8-8ish type of season.

I’ve seen this 3-ring s*** show for 40 years. We suck; excuses or no excuses. We’ll be hopeful by Wednesday, brought back to reality on Sunday, hopeful again the following Wednesday, and then we’ll start thinking about who our 1st round pick will be and what coaching changes we’ll make. I love my Falcons, but we have different ways to yield the same result every single ******* year.

8 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Absolutely it’s not over. I’ve seen DQ take this team to a super bowl playing 6 rookies on defense. I’ve seen this team struggle on offense a year ago and still win 11 games. I’ve already seen Julio dominate a team and it could have been much worse. And I’ve already seen this team compete in a playoff like atmosphere week 1 and although it was ugly as **** they were right there again to win it.

This team isn’t going anywhere. And did anyone think it would a be fairytale season trying to do what’s never been down before? Play in the Super Bowl on your own stadium? No way cuz. I knew this would be unlike any season we’ve ever faced. This year everyone should have known the brotherhood would be put to the ultimate test. 

This is just the beginning too. So sit back and get ready. Gonna be long bumpy road until February.

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Can you make a negative call on Ryan for me? He won the MVP last time you did so it'd be for all of us really. 

With Shanny? Like I said. Pretty sir whatever “negative call” I made wasn’t far from what he did on Thursday. 

So can you tell Matt Ryan to stop missing wide open WRs? 

9 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Sadly, i have to admit this season is a wash.

I really expected more.

We will win some games, and look good doing it. Maybe beat hated New Orleans.

In one game we lost TWO of our best defensive players.

But we aint winnin' no SB without our D.

Even with Matt Ryan at quarterback? 

12 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

I've never seen Matt Ryan carry a team.  He sort of carried did it in 2016 but he had all the right pieces around him, and I don't think we do this year.

There are very few QBs that can carry a team.  I'd say they're basically Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, and sometimes (I hate to say it) Cam.  Matt Ryan has always needed great protection and great WRs.  Those other guys can need that too, but not to the same degree that Ryan does.  I hope I am wrong and Matt can reach their level.  

Edited by DogIsYourName