Ergo Proxy

Time to put your wagers in

Bravery Test Prediction: Do we make playoffs still?   86 members have voted

1. 1. Are playoffs this year still possible? Do you believe?

• Yes; Rise Up! In Brotherhood
    • No; Too Bleak, Wake Me Up 2019
    • On the Fence; Let me at least see CAR/NO games

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

So, we got hit with some bad news this week. Before everyone gives up on the season completely now is your chance to put your gut predictions in despite being down Neal for the year and Debo for the min. 7 games (week 8 Bye).

WhenFalconsWin and blkbigdog35 like this

I’ll just add that at least Carolina will be missing Olsen or we’d be in more trouble on D. This gives us a 1 game breather in that sense in terms of facing a TE receiving threat.

Get that run D work in with Foye and Duke in there vs Carolina. Get our pass rush going.

Just get some scoring Offense going and?

I’ll say we still make Playoffs! :)

Test of mettle can push a team to achieve more.

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’ll just add that at least Carolina will be missing Olsen or we’d be in more trouble on D. This gives us a 1 game breather in that sense in terms of facing a TE receiving threat.

Get that run D work in with Foye and Duke in there vs Carolina. Get our pass rush going.

They also lost there starting Right Tackle Daryl Williams.

Man, I just don't know.  The NFL is so weird week to week and that is before major injuries like we had.  That coupled with how deep the NFC is...I just don't know.

My gut tells me we will hang around .500, right in football ****, but be on the outside looking in when the season ends.

Playoffs are possible of course, right now (and of course it could just be the after shock of the news) I'm just not feeling it.

Edited by athell
PokerSteve likes this

@athell

I’d be shocked if we don’t do at least that. This isn’t 2013 or 2014 Falcons D. The injuries hurt but the system can still function. Quinn won’t let his Defense falter to the degree of Smith's. Plus, we are way better of a roster on D than those years. We just might not be elite without Debo and Neal. I think we are still average at least on D without them.

I do believe much will depend on the offense moving forward. More than we’d like, but then again wasn’t our season going to go as far as the offense could rebound to form?

I just don’t think we have seen the offense peak at all and hope Duke/Foye/Kazee and Co play out of their minds with everyone else around them.

Debo could come back for those vital road games/2nd time facing division games to carry us to a WC or even Division.

Just look at the Panthers. They lost Olsen for at least as long as Debo and their RT is under the knife.

With the Saints D showing major weaknesses themselves, to me the division is still wide open.

13 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Offensively we step it up a notch, defensively we tread water until Debo comes back, league wide we stay in the hunt until we make our playoff push late in season.

Whst makes anyone think he'll be back? At this point I don't trust a single word coming out of Quinn's mouth.

16 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That is some good optimistic thinking and is highly possible. I hope you are right.I don't mind being wrong and would celebrate being wrong in this instance but I'm on the fence.

PokerSteve and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@athell

I’d be shocked if we don’t do at least that. This isn’t 2013 or 2014 Falcons D. The injuries hurt but the system can still function.

I do believe much will depend on the offense moving forward. More than we’d like, but then again wasn’t our season going to go as far as the offense could rebound to form?

I just don’t think we have seen the offense peak at all and hope Duke/Foye/Kazee and Co play out of their minds with everyone else around them.

Debo could come back for those vital road games/2nd time facing division games to carry us to a WC or even Division.

Just look at the Panthers. They lost Olsen for at least as long as Debo and their RT is under the knife.

With the Saints D showing major weaknesses themselves, to me the division is still wide open.

Yeah, we do still have a lot of talent on both sides but I agree with you if this season is going to be saved, it will be because of the offense.

The potential is there, I just am in wait and see mode right now.  I have learned that predicting the Atlanta Falcons is a crap shoot.

PokerSteve, mqg96 and Ergo Proxy like this

Yeah, I think everyone is quick to give up on the offense because it felt like January/last year all over but I think there was enough there to have way more go right. We left 22 points(that XP) on the field last Thursday and that was without a running game to keep the offense balanced, D fresh, and Ryan clean.

Any of those things improve we win last week and aren’t worrying about the RZ suddenly and instead thinking of constructive ways to cope with losing these guys. Hope isn’t just based on results. Results can change. Other teams get hurt. The best teams rise above adversity to the SB. Eagles last year. GB the year they won with Rodgers. Was never going to be just the best players. If team comes together, I like our chances.

blkbigdog35 and athell like this

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yeah, I think everyone is quick to give up on the offense because it felt like January/last year all over but I think there was enough there to have way more go right. We left 22 points(that XP) on the field last Thursday and that was without a running game to keep the offense balanced, D fresh, and Ryan clean.

Any of those things improve we win last week and aren’t worrying about the RZ suddenly and instead thinking of constructive ways to cope with losing these guys. Hope isn’t just based on results. Results can change. Other teams get hurt. The best teams rise above adversity to the SB. Eagles last year. GB the year they won with Rodgers. Was never going to be just the best players. If team comes together, I like our chances.

Oh yeah, you know where I stand on Sark and the offense last year.  Same for Week 1.  I am not going to freak out over a Week 1 loss, away, in Philadelphia, on ring ceremony night, on a wet field, when the best qb in our franchise's history was off.

The offense will correct itself.  I am just curious about how much it corrects itself.  Our margin for error just got a little more narrow with the loss of Neal and Debo.  Defensive PPG probably went up a couple points so our offense will need to up theirs as well.

Ergo Proxy and mqg96 like this

Don't get your hopes up too high fellas.....the proof is right in front of you! These Falcons have a rich history of not being able to finish.

Sorry guys, I wish I were more positive, but I'm just a deflated fan as of late. I've seen this story play out wayyy too many times. The Falcons will rip your hearts out.

I'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.... Carry on brothers and sisters.

I believe in the character of this team. They showed me a lot last year just making the playoffs a year after blowing the biggest lead in super bowl history. Not an easy thing at all to do overcome.  This won’t be easy either, but they know what it takes to grind out wins. 

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm saying Yes.

Duke Riley will put his mullet into a ponytail which will transform this defense.

Duke when hearing all the blame and lack of confidence in him from TATF’s now that Debo is down. That golden hair isn’t just for looks:

SpongeDad likes this

12 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Don't get your hopes up too high fellas.....the proof is right in front of you! These Falcons have a rich history of not being able to finish.

Sorry guys, I wish I were more positive, but I'm just a deflated fan as of late. I've seen this story play out wayyy too many times. The Falcons will rip your hearts out.

I'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.... Carry on brothers and sisters.

Part of a good team is lifting up your brother. Can understand how you feel. Problem isn’t with your heart. It’s your head. Where is the pride? What is our team without fans? We need the good ones especially!

16 minutes ago, athell said:

Oh yeah, you know where I stand on Sark and the offense last year.  Same for Week 1.  I am not going to freak out over a Week 1 loss, away, in Philadelphia, on ring ceremony night, on a wet field, when the best qb in our franchise's history was off.

The offense will correct itself.  I am just curious about how much it corrects itself.  Our margin for error just got a little more narrow with the loss of Neal and Debo.  Defensive PPG probably went up a couple points so our offense will need to up theirs as well.

I'm not freaking out over the loss either. We played the best team in football on their home field against a team that seems to have our number anyway. We made the playoffs last year and I really expect us too this year. I reserve the right to change my mind though after a few more games though. ;)

Let me add, after the first week we are #3 in defense without Neal and Debo. So we'll see how that plays out. 

athell and Ergo Proxy like this

19 minutes ago, athell said:

After I've calmed down this is only the best description I can go by at this point. Week 2 against the Panthers will tell us everything, and it was 2 years ago around this time when we broke offensive records against the Panthers at home. 

athell likes this

36 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Whst makes anyone think he'll be back? At this point I don't trust a single word coming out of Quinn's mouth.

That’s a possibility, but why not put him on season IR then?

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

53 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm saying Yes.

Duke Riley will put his mullet into a ponytail which will transform this defense.

Better hope it's not a man bun or we are 100% screwed.

WhenFalconsWin likes this