lostnmexico

Here are some options at MLB for Atlanta:

44 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Duke at MLB and Foye to cover whichever side Campbell isn’t.

Lets go. The irony if Duke bails us out at all.

Deion has to miss at least 7 games + the bye week. I wonder what the injury is?

The sound of Duke in the middle makes me a little nauseous...but if that's all we have then so be it. Remember Ishmael can play LB too.

KCFalcon22 and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Looks like the Falcons' will have to change the D strategy some to compensate for the loss of Debo.

Bigtime

33 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Duke at MLB and Foye to cover whichever side Campbell isn’t.

Lets go. The irony if Duke bails us out at all.

Deion has to miss at least 7 games + the bye week. I wonder what the injury is?

They said he had pain in his foot after the Eagles game, the results came back today and he needs to get a procedure done that will sideline him for at least 8 weeks.

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

They said he had pain in his foot after the Eagles game, the results came back today and he needs to get a procedure done that will sideline him for at least 8 weeks.

I guess what I mean is they couldn’t afford letting him rot as an inactive. I just wondered if it was something truly able to come back after the 8 weeks are over right away? That’d be just 7 games.

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Now I have to plan an extra package store trip every week now! 

The Falcons' are OK. Just let the O perform. This is an unstoppable O.

Every week? Stay stocked, my friend. As I.

This could get interesting. Dammitall.

roguebeaver likes this

Loosing DJ (and Neal) sucks, but hopefully he'll return this season ready to go.  Meanwhile it is going to be up to players like Campbell, Jarrett, Beasley, Trufant, Alford, Rico, Reed, Takk, and RIley to play at a high level. It can be done. It will not be easy, but other players do rise to the occassion in times of need. I myself am not all that confident, but I am rarely right about anything regarding the Falcons.

Ergo Proxy and Hometownfan like this

10 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

Loosing DJ (and Neal) sucks, but hopefully he'll return this season ready to go.  Meanwhile it is going to be up to players like Campbell, Jarrett, Beasley, Trufant, Alford, Rico, Reed, Takk, and RIley to play at a high level. It can be done. It will not be easy, but other players do rise to the occassion in times of need. I myself am not all that confident, but I am rarely right about anything regarding the Falcons.

The talented Mr Riley has a Golden opportunity here….lets see if Debo can get him ready

4dabirds and Ergo Proxy like this

10 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

The talented Mr Riley has a Golden opportunity here….lets see if Debo can get him ready

Let's hope Debo is that kind of guy who inspires others. I'm thinking it's the DC who is going to need to do the most inspiring, and he's well equipped to do it.

Under Quinn in 2015 our defense held opponents to 21pts or lower 9 times. Our starting LB’s that year were Durant, Worrilow and Wheeler, with Ish and Schofield stepping in after Moore and Durant went down. We have way better personal on defense since those days, If we can manage to stay around .500 I think we’ll be fine once Jones get back... Heck we even manage to win a few games in ‘16 with Ish and Reynolds starting at LB when Jones and Campbell got hurt early on. 

If Quinn has one unique trait it’s getting the best out of his players, especially on defense. Everyone knows Quinn’s defense isn’t complicated. “See ball, get ball” if Duke and Foye can just play to their ability and cover their gaps, we’ll be fine. Having said that... Sark, Ryan and company have to do a better job offensively.

RISE UP! 

Edited by hotlanta
4dabirds likes this

13 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We are being desperate...

Can we all just let it go and accept the suck!!

Move on!! 

I think you mean "embrace the suck" lol

Not that you would get a starter but what about raiding another teams practice squad.

Like a team that has good LB's where a decent guy might have got left off the 53.

On the radio this morning they are suggesting putting vic at the outside backer. Did they not watch him last year? Vic just looks uncomfortable to me in the open field. He had spoles deadcto rights on a 3rd down when he was in coverage and did not bring him down.

Vic has me worried, him and riley worry me.

13 hours ago, LiquidFalcon said:

They should just bring in Mychal Kendricks try him at MLB, by the time he goes to jail, Deion should be back.

agreed