Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu 7

More Good news: Remember Julio's looming contract extenstion?

34 posts in this topic

So they pushed paying Julio to next season.

OBJ's contract is going to make Julio more expensive and if Thursday is any preview of things to come.

Julio's agent is going to have unbelievable leverage.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

OBJ's contract is going to make Julio more expensive and if Thursday is any preview of things to come.

how many TDs did julio have thursday? and you call that unbelievable leverage?

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

If Sark is still holding the O back and Quinn is too buddy buddy to fire him, then we may as well trade JJ. Go all in on D, since we won't be scoring much. 

Quinn is holding the offense back. Since LI, the offense has been under orders to never again expose the defense to 100+ snaps. Outside of the two minute drill, and a few specific situations where the Falcons were trying to trap defenders on the field, they consistently snap the ball with under 4 seconds left on the play clock. 

17 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Quinn is holding the offense back. Since LI, the offense has been under orders to never again expose the defense to 100+ snaps. Outside of the two minute drill, and a few specific situations where the Falcons were trying to trap defenders on the field, they consistently snap the ball with under 4 seconds left on the play clock. 

I never heard this before. Where did you get this information?

22 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Under 100 snaps? Umm, under 70 snaps is ideal. Your team is getting its collective behind kicked if the d plays more than 80 for sure. 

43 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I never heard this before. Where did you get this information?

I play DFS a silly amount. Pace of play (snaps per game, etc) are one of the stats you just tend to know for each team. The Falcons were in the bottom half of the league in pace of play under Shanahan, but their efficiency stats were through the roof (lots of way to measure efficiency in various phases of the game, but points per snap isn't a bad place to look for the big picture). Under Sark, the Falcons have been in the bottom 30% in situation neutral pace of play (I'm not going to try to explain that snap, but you can Google it). They are still pretty efficient, but not excitingly so. 

Quinn has never publicly said he wanted to offense to play slower. He did mention is several post Superbowl press conferences is that his defense faced too many snaps and simply wore down. Now, look at that has happened to pace of play over the past year.  I am putting those two things together and creating a narrative.  So, it is my opinion, but I consider it an informed and thoughtful opinion.

slick0ne and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Under 100 snaps? Umm, under 70 snaps is ideal. Your team is getting its collective behind kicked if the d plays more than 80 for sure. 

100+ was what happened in the Superbowl. That is pretty much my point. I think we may have overreacted to one very unfortunate data point. I also think asking the offense to control TOP is a bad way to limit defensive snaps. I think telling the defense to get the heck off the field is a better plan. 

robertap likes this

Just now, falcndave said:

100+ was what happened in the Superbowl. That is pretty much my point. I think we may have overreacted to one very unfortunate data point. I also think asking the offense to control TOP is a bad way to limit defensive snaps. I think telling the defense to get the heck off the field is a better plan. 

Quinn has emphasized that since he’s been here though. Remember in ‘15 when he faced all the questions about why we weren’t running more No Huddle? He pretty much said then that would not be used as frequently as before because of the stress it can cause the defense by not giving enough rest. 

Its definitely a two way street though. Getting off the field on 3rd down is big in controlling ToP just as establishing and not abandoning the run on offense. 

44 minutes ago, papachaz said:

how many TDs did julio have thursday? and you call that unbelievable leverage?

How many yards did EVERYONE else on the team have combined other than the QB?

Was the combined yardage of every other player less than what Julio gave you?

Thats called a one man offense because without Julio the Falcons don’t cross midfield.

Yeah.  Unbelieveable leverage.

NYCFalc likes this

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

With the injuries announced this week, Julio better go off and prove he's worth the money he thinks he is, because we're going to need it...

He did on Thursday.

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I play DFS a silly amount. Pace of play (snaps per game, etc) are one of the stats you just tend to know for each team. The Falcons were in the bottom half of the league in pace of play under Shanahan, but their efficiency stats were through the roof (lots of way to measure efficiency in various phases of the game, but points per snap isn't a bad place to look for the big picture). Under Sark, the Falcons have been in the bottom 30% in situation neutral pace of play (I'm not going to try to explain that snap, but you can Google it). They are still pretty efficient, but not excitingly so. 

Quinn has never publicly said he wanted to offense to play slower. He did mention is several post Superbowl press conferences is that his defense faced too many snaps and simply wore down. Now, look at that has happened to pace of play over the past year.  I am putting those two things together and creating a narrative.  So, it is my opinion, but I consider it an informed and thoughtful opinion.

We better go back to the 2016 formula soon! I'd rather lose being too aggressive than by playing scared like we did under Mike Smith. 

rogueleadersf and robertap like this

51 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How many yards did EVERYONE else on the team have combined other than the QB?

Was the combined yardage of every other player less than what Julio gave you?

Thats called a one man offense because without Julio the Falcons don’t cross midfield.

Yeah.  Unbelieveable leverage.

wow, all those yards!!!!!

and yet we lost the game. NOT unbelievable leverage at all. 

some of the things y'all can come up with. the whole reason for my sig....:lol::lol:

Peyton likes this

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

wow, all those yards!!!!!

and yet we lost the game. NOT unbelievable leverage at all. 

some of the things y'all can come up with. the whole reason for my sig....:lol::lol:

Ok.

We’ll see what happens in the offseason.

Cant score if you can’t move the ball.  Can’t rely on Freeman to pick up a yard anymore either.

#11 is the offense.

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I sincerely believe the Falcons will explore trading Julio after the season.

22 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I sincerely believe the Falcons will explore trading Julio after the season.

It’s not like Ryan and Ridley have given them any confidence that the offense can function without him.

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How would he have leverage?

Peyton likes this