Jump to content

Quinn is an idiot about Pre season, we will be 2-6 after 8 games


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Pre season is also to get your starters in game shape so they are in sync and also don't get a lot of stupid fatigue related injuries.

Dude you might as well let this go. You cannot avoid injuries. Its well documented that the 1st gm of the season is like no other. They are going to be tired you cannot avoid.  Especially playing a smashmouth philly team that earns every yard it gets phsically .

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Dude you might as well let this go. You cannot avoid injuries. Its well documented that the 1st gm of the season is like no other. They are going to be tired you cannot avoid.  Especially playing a smashmouth philly team that earns every yard it gets phsically .

I absolutely give Julio all the credit in the world.. He was in amazingly good shape.. For him to make the plays that he did (which was about 80% of our offense) and still be going at the end is commendible because he conditioned himself.. Also, gotta give TO props.. He helped Julio train this summer and no doubt helped in his conditioning 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Peregrine said:

Conditioning and practice works your ligaments through repetitions and muscle memory. It does play a factor. You can call it minor but it's  a factor. That's why reaggravating an injury is always  a serious consideration. ACL, MCL they all are serious considerations.

Sorry but that’s incorrect. Connective tissue training has little to do with muscle memory. Majority of connective tissue training is isometric training. Isometrics are done in a static position (Stretching). There are some stretching like PNF stretching that are more dynamic and help with ROM but they are primarily used for rehabilitative purposes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

vs Panthers Win
vs Saints Win 
vs Bengals Win 
@ Steelers Loss 
vs Bucs Win
vs Giants Win
@ Redskins Win

6-2

Then Jones comes back and we face two favorable matchups @ Cle and vs Dal. 

 

 

(Let me hope and dream. Reality is we probably lose to the Panthers, Saints and Redskins and are 3-5)

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

vs Panthers Win
vs Saints Win 
vs Bengals Win 
@ Steelers Loss 
vs Bucs Win
vs Giants Win
@ Redskins Win

6-2

Then Jones comes back and we face two favorable matchups @ Cle and vs Dal. 

 

 

(Let me hope and dream. Reality is we probably lose to the Panthers, Saints and Redskins and are 3-5)

Nuts, even before the injuries that was not going to happen, now with the state of our defense this is the likely outcome

vs Panthers L
vs Saints L 
vs Bengals L 
@ Steelers L 
vs Bucs L
vs Giants W
@ Redskins Toss up

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Not so sure. I know that there might not be any statistical evidence, but not having to go from no action to giving 120% might not be the best idea. At best it looks like a questionable decision. We have two of our best defenders out, Freeman looks like he's close to being out as well, Matt is looking Rusty, Julio and Matt aren't on the same page. 

Contrary to the "Preseason is Meaningless" mantra, sometimes getting a dress rehearsal in before having to do it for real (much less against one of the best in the league) is a better idea than letting guys rest.

 

because for the weeks of camp and all the practices during preseason, they get literally NO ACTION. they just sit around and watch every body else up walking around, running drills, and all that, you  know, practice.

 I bet they don't even have to get up to get a drink, 'hey water boy, bring me some water over here to my seat in the shade, while you're at it, bring me an empty cup so I can pee'

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, papachaz said:

because for the weeks of camp and all the practices during preseason, they get literally NO ACTION. they just sit around and watch every body else up walking around, running drills, and all that, you  know, practice.

 I bet they don't even have to get up to get a drink, 'hey water boy, bring me some water over here to my seat in the shade, while you're at it, bring me an empty cup so I can pee'

 

 

There's a world of difference between practicing in camp or even playing in Preseason (not that our starters actually played much this preseason) and playing against the SB champs in a real game. But preseason does offer a step up in activity from camp. That's why it's important to give your vets reps.

If you can't understand that you're just dense. I can't count how many guys look good in camp or preseason but would never crack a nfl roster. Because preseason is for getting our vets ready for real game action, acclimating rookies to the Nfl and giving prospects a chance to shine. We've done well at the last two of those but failed this year at the first. We lost sight of a major reason for preseason and the injuries and rusty execution are evidence. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

There's a world of difference between practicing in camp or even playing in Preseason (not that our starters actually played much this preseason) and playing against the SB champs in a real game. But preseason does offer a step up in activity from camp. That's why it's important to give your vets reps.

If you can't understand that you're just dense. I can't count how many guys look good in camp or preseason but would never crack a nfl roster. Because preseason is for getting our vets ready for real game action, acclimating rookies to the Nfl and giving prospects a chance to shine. We've done well at the last two of those but failed this year at the first. We lost sight of a major reason for preseason and the injuries and rusty execution are evidence. 

Allllllmost agree.  Preseason for vets really doesn't mean much it's more for rookies and prospects as you said.

I also think the trend is changing where more teams are going to sit their studs the entire preseason like the Rams did, like we did, Cowboys, etc.  Because the only thing worse than a season derailed by injury is a season derailed by preseason injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

There's a world of difference between practicing in camp or even playing in Preseason (not that our starters actually played much this preseason) and playing against the SB champs in a real game. But preseason does offer a step up in activity from camp. That's why it's important to give your vets reps.

If you can't understand that you're just dense. I can't count how many guys look good in camp or preseason but would never crack a nfl roster. Because preseason is for getting our vets ready for real game action, acclimating rookies to the Nfl and giving prospects a chance to shine. We've done well at the last two of those but failed this year at the first. We lost sight of a major reason for preseason and the injuries and rusty execution are evidence. 

you write all that drivel, and call ME dense???? nope. you said "NO ACTIVITY" and that's exactly what I responded to. you indicated 'no activity' leads to ACL tears when they get in a real game, and THAT shows who the real 'dense' one is here. so just stop, you're just proving more and more what you really are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Injuries happen. Next man up. I fully expect the Falcons to fold if I’m being honest 

Yea how often in our history has the next man stepped up? Maybe Collins in the 2016 season between smoke breaks or some parts of the 2009 season for a few players to help us got 9-7 in an injury riddled season.

Other than that when we lose major players the Falcons fold like lawn chairs. To lose our 2 best defensive players in week 1 is a death sentance to our season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Idk, go ask our players that were suffering from cramps and taking iv's because they were so gasped.. Or some of the receivers that were walking routes throuout the 4th quarter 

They were playing in 90 degree heat with 100% humidity...... 

Nothing you said answered the question. We were one of the healthiest teams in the nfl the last two years. Those are facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yea how often in our history has the next man stepped up? Maybe Collins in the 2016 season between smoke breaks or some parts of the 2009 season for a few players to help us got 9-7 in an injury riddled season.

Other than that when we lose major players the Falcons fold like lawn chairs. To lose our 2 best defensive players in week 1 is a death sentance to our season.

Weren’t you the guy that wanted to trade Keanu Neal? Now losing him is a death sentence. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They were playing in 90 degree heat with 100% humidity...... 

Nothing you said answered the question. We were one of the healthiest teams in the nfl the last two years. Those are facts. 

Nothing about the past is going to help us this year. The Eagles were conditioned and we were not, sure they have more debth but the lack of it is our issue 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

There's a world of difference between practicing in camp or even playing in Preseason (not that our starters actually played much this preseason) and playing against the SB champs in a real game. But preseason does offer a step up in activity from camp. That's why it's important to give your vets reps.

If you can't understand that you're just dense. I can't count how many guys look good in camp or preseason but would never crack a nfl roster. Because preseason is for getting our vets ready for real game action, acclimating rookies to the Nfl and giving prospects a chance to shine. We've done well at the last two of those but failed this year at the first. We lost sight of a major reason for preseason and the injuries and rusty execution are evidence. 

:rolleyes::lol:

 40 preseason snaps between three or four games is somehow more meaningful LOL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...