Jump to content

Quinn is an idiot about Pre season, we will be 2-6 after 8 games


Recommended Posts

What an utter dumb***, thinking it was a great idea to let all the starters do jack squat in OTA's and Pre Season. NONE of our players are in game shape. That leads to dumb injuries and our team being gassed in the 3rd QTR and our offense to not gel.

It only took one game to have our best defensive players miss the rest of the year and show our offense did not work together enough to iron out the offensive issues from last year.

Team is done this year, Season is over, look at our schedule, we will easily be 2-6 after 8 games. Good luck digging out of that hole.

Next year Quinn needs to paly the dang starters, get them in game shape, if they get injured then at least you have time before the season starts to fill the needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Nothing about playing in the pre season is going to stop a player from tearing an ACL.

Not so sure. I know that there might not be any statistical evidence, but not having to go from no action to giving 120% might not be the best idea. At best it looks like a questionable decision. We have two of our best defenders out, Freeman looks like he's close to being out as well, Matt is looking Rusty, Julio and Matt aren't on the same page. 

Contrary to the "Preseason is Meaningless" mantra, sometimes getting a dress rehearsal in before having to do it for real (much less against one of the best in the league) is a better idea than letting guys rest.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Not so sure. I know that there might not be any statistical evidence, but not having to go from no action to giving 120% might not be the best idea. At best it looks like a questionable decision. We have two of our best defenders out, Freeman looks like he's close to being out as well, Matt is looking Rusty, Julio and Matt aren't on the same page. 

Contrary to the "Preseason is Meaningless" mantra, sometimes getting a dress rehearsal in before having to do it for real (much less against one of the best in the league) is a better idea than letting guys rest.

 

Give me a muscle pull, strains, maybe even a stress fracture and sure... but an ACL... nah that’s football.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

What an utter dumb***, thinking it was a great idea to let all the starters do jack squat in OTA's and Pre Season. NONE of our players are in game shape. That leads to dumb injuries and our team being gassed in the 3rd QTR and our offense to not gel.

It only took one game to have our best defensive players miss the rest of the year and show our offense did not work together enough to iron out the offensive issues from last year.

Team is done this year, Season is over, look at our schedule, we will easily be 2-6 after 8 games. Good luck digging out of that hole.

Next year Quinn needs to paly the dang starters, get them in game shape, if they get injured then at least you have time before the season starts to fill the needs.

I agree with you and I've said it a dozen times.. accidents happen and players get injured but if your'e in game shape it's a lot less likely.  It was clear the team was not ready.. that's on DQ.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If preseason isn't worthwhile for starters or is too dangerous, why practice either?  Just have them do gym work to stay in shape, study the playbook and video in a classroom, and then drive them onto the field at start time.  OF COURSE starters could benefit from more preseason playing time.  It's not as if Sark didn't need more work on his playcalling in real game situations.  These guys could get hit by a truck or slip in the shower, and be out for a season.  This whole "save them for games that count" thing is bull plop. It boggles my mind that in a 4 game preseason the starters don't play a single full game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chronob said:

If preseason isn't worthwhile for starters or is too dangerous, why practice either?  Just have them do gym work to stay in shape, study the playbook and video in a classroom, and then drive them onto the field at start time.  OF COURSE starters could benefit from more preseason playing time.  It's not as if Sark didn't need more work on his playcalling in real game situations.  These guys could get hit by a truck or slip in the shower, and be out for a season.  This whole "save them for games that count" thing is bull plop. It boggles my mind that in a 4 game preseason the starters don't play a single full game. 

You only get better at football by playing more football.

2 MAJOR defensive starters going on IR in the first game.

That's going to completely change the complexity of what they want to do defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

What an utter dumb***, thinking it was a great idea to let all the starters do jack squat in OTA's and Pre Season. NONE of our players are in game shape. That leads to dumb injuries and our team being gassed in the 3rd QTR and our offense to not gel.

It only took one game to have our best defensive players miss the rest of the year and show our offense did not work together enough to iron out the offensive issues from last year.

Team is done this year, Season is over, look at our schedule, we will easily be 2-6 after 8 games. Good luck digging out of that hole.

Next year Quinn needs to paly the dang starters, get them in game shape, if they get injured then at least you have time before the season starts to fill the needs.

Many will not agree with your assessment, but I do agree with you here. The starters, imho, did not play near enough during pre-season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

I agree with you and I've said it a dozen times.. accidents happen and players get injured but if your'e in game shape it's a lot less likely.  It was clear the team was not ready.. that's on DQ.  

 

Also getting injured in pre season at least gives us more time to make roster move and get new players in the scheme. This years collapse will be squarely on Quinn and his mis management of our off season regiment. Players in proper game shape make less mistakes physically cause they aren't gassed

Link to post
Share on other sites

And if Jones and Neal had gotten injured during a preseason game, you're the same ones that would be screaming for Quinn's head because they shouldn't have been playing.  There's no winning with some of you.  Go root for the Saints; you'd fit right in with the rest of the trash.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Peregrine said:

Yeah, but our players weren't conditioned or game ready and that showed Friday BEFORE the injuries. They were definitely gassed.

Conditioning is an issue for every team early in the season. There’s no amount of preseason playing you can do to change that unless you’re gonna put them out there for a whole preseason game. It just is what it is.

But are we talking about injuries or conditioning because the OP seems to have been trying to link these two injuries to the lack of playing in the preseason and that’s just not the way it works with ACLs at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I approve this thread; Because I voiced the same complaint. Sitting the Starters in the Pre Season is DUMB.

Saving them from Injury? Yea, how did that work out after Game 1?

Stupid Stupid.  If players are gonna get hurt then they gonna get hurt, BUT YA KINDA GOTTA GET THEM INTO GAME SHAPE FIRST! Right?

And why again Matt and Julio have a discombobulated connection - AGAIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I'm panicking a bit too, but FOH with your garbage. Not one decent thing to say.

What decent thing would you like to share? 

Offense will carry us? Defense will be next man up? We have the depth to step up? At least we looked better than our last outing?

I got one though...at least the Falcons are number 3 on defense so far? Let's pick it up and run with it from here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Conditioning is an issue for every team early in the season. There’s no amount of preseason playing you can do to change that unless you’re gonna put them out there for a whole preseason game. It just is what it is.

But are we talking about injuries or conditioning because the OP seems to have been trying to link these two injuries to the lack of playing in the preseason and that’s just not the way it works with ACLs at least.

Conditioning and practice works your ligaments through repetitions and muscle memory. It does play a factor. You can call it minor but it's  a factor. That's why reaggravating an injury is always  a serious consideration. ACL, MCL they all are serious considerations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...