Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

athell

Get right game for the DLine

12 posts in this topic

There was a lot of concern over the offseason about lack of depth on the dline and one week in, it is cause for concern.  Granted, Philly has if not the best, one of the best olines in the league but here are our pass rush win percentages from week 1.  #1 may surprise you...

Gotta do better.

It is really the most important thing moving forward on offense. Run the ball. Help your pass protection and red zone as a result.

How many total pressures did we have as a D?

Hopefully our guys start winning more than that. What’s a good goal for win%? What was the Philly win% when 27 pressures got to Matt on 43 attempts(was it?)...

63% of Matt’s attempts were while being under pressure. Lol.

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It is really the most important thing moving forward on offense. Run the ball. Help your pass protection and red zone as a result.

How many total pressures did we have as a D?

Hopefully our guys start winning more than that. What’s a good goal for win%? What was the Philly win% when 27 pressures got to Matt on 43 attempts(was it?)...

63% of Matt’s attempts were while being under pressure. Lol.

Matt Ryan clearly sucks 

/casm

Ergo Proxy likes this

20 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Matt Ryan clearly sucks 

/casm

I mean seriously McCoy of the Bucs was saying before the SB the key to stopping us was stopping the run. Think about it. If front 7/8 guys in box have to watch and adjust physically to effective ground game that opens up everything else. All this complaining on the pass offense while we lost balance is beyond me.

Yes, plays were there but running the ball gives you the explosive ones. This is because it helps have more open receivers on playaction.

1 hour ago, athell said:

There was a lot of concern over the offseason about lack of depth on the dline and one week in, it is cause for concern.  Granted, Philly has if not the best, one of the best olines in the league but here are our pass rush win percentages from week 1.  #1 may surprise you...

Gotta do better.

I was dead wrong. I said in the off-season I thought we needed another pass rusher. Looking at that, we needed to add a lot more than one.

The Eagles have a great offensive line (Takk’s not gonna be rushing against Peters every week; he’ll be better)  — I never like to be doom and gloom but I don’t think this is the last time this season we’ll visit this issue.

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dear god that is atrocious 

Took the words right out of my mouth.

ShadyRef, Ergo Proxy, athell and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I was dead wrong. I said in the off-season I thought we needed another pass rusher. Looking at that, we needed to add a lot more than one.

The Eagles have a great offensive line (Takk’s not gonna be rushing against Peters every week; he’ll be better)  — I never like to be doom and gloom but I don’t think this is the last time this season we’ll visit this issue.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I was hoping Quinn would work his magic, and granted week 1 randomness aside, that is absolutely awful.

Still shocked we didn't trade for Bennett. This front office just doesn't prioritize rushing the passer enough to me. They need to reevaluate this keeping our own mantra they keep shooting every off season.

Last time we had a decent pass rush was when a declining freeney was here. Can you imagine the wonders Bennett could do for Takk, Vic, Jarret, and Senat's pass rush understanding? We are always bargain shopping around the league when we need to be making a list for sacrificial lambs in the event game changers become available. We are at that point in our roster development. I really hope Takk and Vic wake the heck up.