quotemokc

Film Room: Julio Jones' 169-yard performance versus the Eagles

170 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Our offense runs through Julio.

But let’s trade him.

You got that right...the offense runs through Julio.  Which is why it seems everything is geared toward setting up Julio and none of the other receivers or TEs on the offense.  Falcons have proven to have more success when the ball is spread around and not just focus on getting Julio the ball.  If he's open and Matt can throw and accurate pass I'm all for it, but too many times Matt looks to Julio to bail him out.  Seems they are trying to get Julio more TDs this year.  Guess they do listen to the media.

Peyton, caponine, nomak and 1 other like this

Where I get confused is how he blames Sark, yet you clearly see Matt miss one easy TD throw to Freeman then completely not see another potential to Sanu. Yes, the playcalling left something to be desired, but the incessant need to blame Sark for everything is getting lazy. Matt pulls those two triggers and a better throw on that bomb to Julio and this is a VERY different narrative. Because as we see from the same video, Sark got Julio plenty of space and 1v1 opportunities. 

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Where I get confused is how he blames Sark, yet you clearly see Matt miss one easy TD throw to Freeman then completely not see another potential to Sanu. Yes, the playcalling left something to be desired, but the incessant need to blame Sark for everything is getting lazy. Matt pulls those two triggers and a better throw on that bomb to Julio and this is a VERY different narrative. Because as we see from the same video, Sark got Julio plenty of space and 1v1 opportunities. 

I see a lot of blame given to Matt - as much as is given to Sark.

Truth is - there is plenty of blame for everybody in that game on Thursday night.    Let's hope they get it together by Sunday.

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

I see a lot of blame given to Matt - as much as is given to Sark.

Truth is - there is plenty of blame for everybody in that game on Thursday night.    Let's hope they get it together by Sunday.

Matt deserves a ton more. Can't miss open guys like that. Sark can't draw it up and have his MVP caliber QB making those kinds of mistakes. You've never seen me not give Sark some blame, but literally three different throws and we're talking about a totally different narrative. That's all I'm saying. 

21 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

You got that right...the offense runs through Julio.  Which is why it seems everything is geared toward setting up Julio and none of the other receivers or TEs on the offense.  Falcons have proven to have more success when the ball is spread around and not just focus on getting Julio the ball.  If he's open and Matt can throw and accurate pass I'm all for it, but too many times Matt looks to Julio to bail him out.  Seems they are trying to get Julio more TDs this year.  Guess they do listen to the media.

Facts !!’

43 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

The Falcons don't listen to the media. Each week a new game plan is made and according to matchups. You think they draw up game plans cause Colin Cowherd said something completely arbitrary? I don't thinks so; they worry about the people inside their building. Although, it may attribute to over thinking at times.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Da_Truth said:

LOL  at thinking they listen to the media. If they did, Sark would be gone. 

FYI, the offense went through Julio in 2016 as well. The QB/team just executed better in spreading ball around based on what defenses gave them, but the offense still went through Julio. 

39 minutes ago, caponine said:

Facts !!’

You’ve lost your grip. 

41 minutes ago, vel said:

Matt deserves a ton more. Can't miss open guys like that. Sark can't draw it up and have his MVP caliber QB making those kinds of mistakes. You've never seen me not give Sark some blame, but literally three different throws and we're talking about a totally different narrative. That's all I'm saying. 

That was just an awful game by matt. Been a long time since I’ve seen him play so poorly. 

54 minutes ago, vel said:

Matt did not play well as we expect him too but the Oline needs to step up and we need someone else calling plays in the redzone.

datchrisb1 likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Bingo.

red falcon likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

Where I get confused is how he blames Sark, yet you clearly see Matt miss one easy TD throw to Freeman then completely not see another potential to Sanu.

I didn't get that part either. He blamed Sark in the red zone and seemingly in the same breath showed Freeman and Sanu schemed open in the red zone.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I didn't get that part either. He blamed Sark in the red zone and seemingly in the same breath showed Freeman and Sanu schemed open in the red zone.

scheming open is part of the equation.

Protection for the QB is the other part and our OL was obviously overmatched and needed help. 

I get it.

FalconFan1st likes this

22 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

scheming open is part of the equation.

Protection for the QB is the other part and our OL was obviously overmatched and needed help. 

I get it.

Bull$hit.

Ryan had plenty of time to throw the ball to Freeman, it was a bad throw; and if Ryan had time throw the ball to Julio with two men on him then he had time throw the ball to Sanu.

Ryan has been making those throws his whole career.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Lt me tell you why bruh

This Offense with these peices should be able to score 28 points in there sleep..... We have to many talented prices for everything to be so hard..... You dont see Sark using our talent to attack teams weakness ... He is not calling certain plays to attack the D formation.... Its almost like college.. Just calling plays because my talent is better then yours type feel.

Trust me ... $30 million dont get a pass..... You gotta hit freeman on that simple out route.... He did not play good at all.

At the same time on that 4th and goal... If Ortiz makes a simple block... Freeman score...

I can name a whole book of things that went wrong yo.... Matt is also near the front of the line but there is no excuse that this O shouldnt score man.... Not a this was our one time to score.

lostnmexico and Shelley#37 like this

12 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Bull$hit.

Ryan had plenty of time to throw the ball to Freeman, it was a bad throw; and if Ryan had time throw the ball to Julio with two men on him then he had time throw the ball to Sanu.

Ryan has been making those throws his whole career.

I swear some of these dudes are like kids who just learned a new word. 

“Scheme open” ”scheme open” “scheme open”.

Yeah let’s ignore that that’s exactly what happened on that missed throw to Freeman. :lol:

JDaveG, kiwifalcon, cblack and 4 others like this

2 hours ago, vel said:

I agree he played a terrible game - but to say he hasn't gotten blamed is not accurate.   I see it on the board, hear it on the sports channels and read it in the paper.   He's gotten plenty of blame.    Not that he didn't deserve blame - just that he's gotten it.    He's gotten and taken more blame than Sark on this one.  

Let's just see how it goes from here.   First game, guys are out of sync.    Playing against an extremely good front.   Hopefully - they get it together for the home opener.

The only really good part was the yardage for Julio.   Julio didn't even come in the top 25 in YAC - he had 34 yards of YAC out of 169 recorded yards - which was actually 250 yards if we believe that was a bad call on the catch ruled a no-catch.   If that's the case, then 216 through the air to Julio was not bad against that defense.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL  at thinking they listen to the media. If they did, Sark would be gone. 

FYI, the offense went through Julio in 2016 as well. The QB/team just executed better in spreading ball around based on what defenses gave them, but the offense still went through Julio. 

You’ve lost your grip. 

i’ve lost my grip because i want the ball to get spread out among the receivers and backs as oppose to just targeting julio 20-25 times a game ?

nomak likes this

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

i’ve lost my grip because i want the ball to get spread out among the receivers and backs as oppose to just targeting julio 20-25 times a game ?

Don't BS me man, we both know you've said alot more than that about Jones in here since he went AWOL on OTAs. 

28 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I agree he played a terrible game - but to say he hasn't gotten blamed is not accurate.   I see it on the board, hear it on the sports channels and read it in the paper.   He's gotten plenty of blame.    Not that he didn't deserve blame - just that he's gotten it.    He's gotten and taken more blame than Sark on this one.  

Let's just see how it goes from here.   First game, guys are out of sync.    Playing against an extremely good front.   Hopefully - they get it together for the home opener.

The only really good part was the yardage for Julio.   Julio didn't even come in the top 25 in YAC - he had 34 yards of YAC out of 169 recorded yards - which was actually 250 yards if we believe that was a bad call on the catch ruled a no-catch.   If that's the case, then 216 through the air to Julio was not bad against that defense.

Pretty sure Vel was speaking to the film room piece. 

Tandy and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, vel said:

Because Sark redzone play calls.  The end of the game run the same play over and over. Also running again 9 man fronts at the goal line. Formations can keep a time out of goal line if you want to run the ball in.  Julio can be out there even as just a decoy in goal line. 

shockerfalcon likes this