Julio pissed after the game

ya_boi_j

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

there’s going to be times where running the ball will not work, in those situations you use the backs in the passing game and maybe use draws , delays , shovel passes

That's the issue it's not a person getting targeted too much it's making sure we have a better run /pass ratio.

Personally I think Sark yes Sark panics and goes away from the run to early.We need to be smarter how we run the football especially against bigger fronts if they take away outside zone which we clearly love it sets up trap blocking inside perfectly as the DTs are automatically flowing down the line to the ball.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That's the issue it's not a person getting targeted too much it's making sure we have a better run /pass ratio.

Personally I think Sark yes Sark panics and goes away from the run to early.We need to be smarter how we run the football especially against bigger fronts if they take away outside zone which we clearly love it sets up trap blocking inside perfectly as the DTs are automatically flowing down the line to the ball.

agreed , seems like this team will be facing allot of good D Lines this year , gonna have to find ways to run the ball. Use their aggressiveness and get them upfield like you said they flow to the ball.

2 hours ago, BayFalcon said:

I'm sorry my point went over your head. Obviously a lot of fans are biased. I'm saying even biased Eagles fans can't deny that was a catch.

So if you're a falcons fan and biased or even unbiased, you should know that is a catch.

A Falcons fan that says it was unclear is just insane to me.

I am a Falcons fan. It was unclear. Other than calling me insane, can you direct me to any conclusive video evidence that undoubtedly proves my questions about it are unwarranted?

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

As you know, Shanny did it too Kiwi. 

8 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Clear catch... WTF are you talking about?

Like I said before the refs need to start getting punished for blowing calls like these and no excluding them from calling playoff games isnt enough.absolutely no excuse For its games like these are the difference between home field through out the playoffs it's gonna be hard enough for that becuase of how good the nfc is and now you add ref stupidity to that.we need fines of some sort something.

Edited by RoddyWhite84

Just now, RoddyWhite84 said:

Like I said before the refs need to start getting punished for blowing calls like these and no excluding them from calling playoff games isnt enough .absolutely no excuse For its games like these are the difference between home field through out the playoffs it's gonna be hard enough for that becuase of the nfc the refs don't need to add to that problem.we need fines of some sort

This one came down from HQ in New York!  It's one thing for on field refs to miss calls, it's gonna happen.  To STILL screw it up even after instant replay is inexcusable.

27 minutes ago, athell said:

This one came down from HQ in New York!  It's one thing for on field refs to miss calls, it's gonna happen.  To STILL screw it up even after instant replay is inexcusable.

Exactly and it's calls like these that just add fuel to the NFL is rigged fire.like how do u miss a call that EVERYBODY can clearly see its a catch?? and if I were Julio if look crazy at whoever ask if he thought it was a catch too..that was a stupid question.u don't see Julio step out of character like that ever,bs losses will do that to you.

9 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

To be honest...the catch wasn't as clear as everybody was making it out be be. Very homeristic view. Any NFL fan(not Falcon related) would've said 50/50 on it.

That was a catch. Homer h***. They would have called that a catch 99% of the time. There was a lot of Philly Cheese Steaks cooked Thursday Night.

32 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Exactly and it's calls like these that just add fuel to the NFL is rigged fire.like how do u miss a call that EVERYBODY can clearly see its a catch?? and if I were Julio if look crazy at whoever ask if he thought it was a catch too..that was a stupid question.u don't see Julio step out of character like that ever,bs losses will do that to you.

3 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That was a catch. Homer h***. They would have called that a catch 99% of the time. There was a lot of Philly Cheese Steaks cooked Thursday Night.

NFL just doesn't care. This is them laughing at us in the face of criticism on blatantly bad calls:

7 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

If Matt can lead a receiver and put it where it should of been, wouldn't of been this convo either.. 

Man some of ya’ll kill me.  It was a catch and it wasn’t an easy one to make BUT if you are trying to act like that wasn’t a good throw then you’ve lost your mind.  Julio could have caught it and took it to the house too...but I’m not on here saying he should have either.

Edited by CraigSmackDaddy

1 minute ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Man some of ya’ll kill me.  It was a catch and it wasn’t an easy one to make BUT if you are trying to act like that wasn’t a good throw then you’ve lost your mind.  Julio could have caught it and took it to the house too...but I’m not on here saying he should have either.

It was a catch. And as a receiver back in high school you touch it you should catch it, you're right. But it was still.a thrown that should have been better. Shouldn't of been anywhere Cole to the sideline as the double move had Julio inside. So adjusting trying to make a Willie mays catch ined against the sideline and the bd had time to recover enough to challenge.. If he lead julio up field again no need for this convo.. And beyond that if the ref called it correctly it would of been a catch, so both players did enough but got effed by the refs as usual 

10 hours ago, caponine said:

then tell OC stop passing ball to Julio 20 times a game, that’s not why they drafted ridley , really worked with the backs in the offseason and hooper. I can guarantee they are not going to win anything if they keep targeting him 20-25 times a game

The OC ain’t throwing the ball to anybody. The qb pulls the trigger. It’s called reads and progression. If Julio is 1 on 1 he’s gonna get the ball everytime because Matt saw the single coverage. Football 101. Find the single coverage. The problem was nobody else was beating their single coverage. When are y’all gonna learn how football is played?? OC calls the play. QB makes his read and goes through his progressions and finds the single coverage. That’s how it works. If Matt threw it to Julio it’s because he was in single coverage. Big Ben is gonna do the exact same thing if Brown is single covered. Same with Brady if Gronk is 1 on 1.  Every single qb in the nfl is gonna go to his #1 wr if he’s 1 on 1. Just last year Michael Thomas caught 16 passes from Drew Brees  was Payton telling a Future HOF qb to throw it to Thomas that many times? No he was open 16 Times. He actually made 16 catches. I highly doubt drew through the ball in double coverage 16 Times  

The list of single game catches. Julio ain’t even In the top 10 so imagine that. Antonio is in the top 10 twice. Was his OC telling ben to throw it to AB? No. They were more than likely in a 1 on 1 situation.  Learn the game bro!! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_single_game.htm

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You did see where Matt placed the ball right?  He had to adjust his route.  Go back and watch the tape.

Just watched it. Julio turned a little to the outside is all. It hit him right in the hands. It should have never been bobbled. Having said that, it should have been ruled a catch though.