Julio pissed after the game

ya_boi_j

45 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Look at 2:13 for what should’ve been on Thursday, check out the play after that and at 7:03 since he “always falling down”.

These are just TD grabs, not to mention the ones he catches that don’t go for TDs.

THANK YOU so much for posting this. You LITERALLY did the leg work for me to prove a point. Yes, on a CAREER HIGHLIGHT VIDEO, the (ONE) Over the shoulder, catch and run TD was indeed after the 2:13 mark. The 2nd one didn't really count because he caught it on the goal line.

FOLKS I STAND CORRECTED, Julio has officially caught ONE:

Over the shoulder, run after catch TD

Without falling down... and to be honest, he almost fell down on his one!

Something happens to Julio when he has to turn his head back or up to look for the ball...he loses his balance.

Players like AB, Hopkins, OBJ, Landry, Gronk, Green, Hill, Cooks etc...Make these catches look routine. I'm not saying that Julio can't run a slant or a crossing pattern and take it to the house but if that dude has to look up and back to catch it..... He will either drop it or fall after/during catching it. 

Yall that watch avidly know I'm right,

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, BayFalcon said:

I'm actually not quite sure how you can call yourself a falcons fan and say that wasn't a catch.

I'm pretty sure even most Eagles fans would admit that it was a catch.

I'm not quite sure how being a fan would have any influence on what you think is or is not a catch.

I doubt anybody would question whether or not I'm a fan.  I have been for decades.  I've watched the replay from multiple angles several times.  He bobbled it 3 times.  He pins it against his shoulder as he's falling to the ground.  It looks like he secured it, but the defender simultaneous hit him with his shoulder/elbow and the ball moved from his shoulder over to the side of his helmet.  It looks like it might have hit the ground as it moved from his shoulder over to the side of his helmet, so in this case, you need conclusive evidence the ground didn't help him secure the ball.  I did not see anything conclusive that says it didn't.  The second question came in when he reaches over with his left arm to secure it from moving, which is when the defender's foot hit the ball and moved it.  The problem here was his helmet seemed to be out of bounds when that happened.  Again, you need conclusive evidence he was still in bounds when he secured it.

I'll say this.  If it was ruled a catch, I wouldn't have overturned it.  Unfortunately, it was ruled incomplete.  I don't see how anybody can watch that replay and say there is conclusive evidence the ground didn't help and he secured it before his helmet touched out of bounds.  The only thing I can say is Julio should have removed all doubt by catching it without bobbling it 3 times.

2 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Nah...had came back, made a Jarvis Landry catch and kept runnin...THAT woulda been amazing....

BE HONEST, think of the last time Julio caught a pass, ON A STREAK, OVER THE SHOULDER, and took it to the house... He ALWAYS falls down.

Look at every other trajectory on those type of throws 

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

People don’t understand this, how difficult that is. Julio did the same thing against the Bucs in 2013 and managed to catch it in the end zone. 

Julio is a freak for even being to adjust at full speed like that.

Non athletes will look at that like it should’ve been routine catch.

Imagine running full speed looking to your left and ball is thrown 5 yards behind your head to the right. 

Even if he cathes it cleanly that pass allowed the defender back into the play with Julio’s momentum taking him towards the sideline,  whereas if it was put in stride over the inside shoulder Julio goes in for a TD untouched.

Easily

52 minutes ago, pzummo said:

I'm not quite sure how being a fan would have any influence on what you think is or is not a catch.

I doubt anybody would question whether or not I'm a fan.  I have been for decades.  I've watched the replay from multiple angles several times.  He bobbled it 3 times.  He pins it against his shoulder as he's falling to the ground.  It looks like he secured it, but the defender simultaneous hit him with his shoulder/elbow and the ball moved from his shoulder over to the side of his helmet.  It looks like it might have hit the ground as it moved from his shoulder over to the side of his helmet, so in this case, you need conclusive evidence the ground didn't help him secure the ball.  I did not see anything conclusive that says it didn't.  The second question came in when he reaches over with his left arm to secure it from moving, which is when the defender's foot hit the ball and moved it.  The problem here was his helmet seemed to be out of bounds when that happened.  Again, you need conclusive evidence he was still in bounds when he secured it.

I'll say this.  If it was ruled a catch, I wouldn't have overturned it.  Unfortunately, it was ruled incomplete.  I don't see how anybody can watch that replay and say there is conclusive evidence the ground didn't help and he secured it before his helmet touched out of bounds.  The only thing I can say is Julio should have removed all doubt by catching it without bobbling it 3 times.

I'm sorry my point went over your head. Obviously a lot of fans are biased. I'm saying even biased Eagles fans can't deny that was a catch.

So if you're a falcons fan and biased or even unbiased, you should know that is a catch.

A Falcons fan that says it was unclear is just insane to me.

3 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Nah...had came back, made a Jarvis Landry catch and kept runnin...THAT woulda been amazing....

BE HONEST, think of the last time Julio caught a pass, ON A STREAK, OVER THE SHOULDER, and took it to the house... He ALWAYS falls down.

You’re Sooooo full of crap...

5 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Matt got demolished on the throw, but dont let that detur you from absolving Julio the #1 nfl WR from any blame for not being able to catch a ball. Mike Evans, antonio Brown, OBJ would have caught that cleanly 

I will just do what you did.  Rogers, brady, brees would have made a better throw.

Matt is my i have a fathead of him in my man cav. Those plays though are the ones that win you championships, he has a history of struggling with the deep ball. .

Julio had his struggled as well, i definitely plafe blame on him ad well at times. I think out team would be much better with a stouter offensive line but they dont grow on treed apparantly. 

6 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

To be honest...the catch wasn't as clear as everybody was making it out be be. Very homeristic view. Any NFL fan(not Falcon related) would've said 50/50 on it.

Tell you what  there was enough there to over turn that decision of not having control once you had a good look at the replays.

You want to talk homerism well the zebras definitely fell into that trap as that was a home team call all day.

Even fans watching that game at the stadium were probably saying man we got lucky on that one.

5 hours ago, caponine said:

then tell OC stop passing ball to Julio 20 times a game, that’s not why they drafted ridley , really worked with the backs in the offseason and hooper. I can guarantee they are not going to win anything if they keep targeting him 20-25 times a game

I wonder if you were using this crap if it were Antonio Brown lol.

If Julio is there you go to him.I bet you'd be still crying at the OC if we got everyone else the ball and still lost and Julio had like 5 balls for 60 yards or something and now he goes for 170 odd on 12 catches he still getting targeted too much fark me.

How bout when someone else's number gets called they step up how bout that one.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I wonder if you were using this crap if it were Antonio Brown lol.

If Julio is there you go to him.I bet you'd be still crying at the OC if we got everyone else the ball and still lost and Julio had like 5 balls for 60 yards or something and now he goes for 170 odd on 12 catches he still getting targeted too much fark me.

How bout when someone else's number gets called they step up how bout that one.

nope spread the ball around, pretty easy and self explanatory. Can you understand ??

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Julio will have a big year regardless, but hopefully he isn’t targeted 19 times very often.  Only 16 rushes (I think) and 19 Julio targets means we are one domensional.  I’d prefer a balanced attack with 6-7 people catching the ball and Julio breaking  their spirit with massive YAC

2012 I think that's where the Eagles had our number we couldn't get too the edge as there DEs sealed that avenue up and they had trouble running inside against Ngata and Cox.What we needed to run was more traps inside get the line flowing one way then run the counter.

Levitre is key here as he has to keep that backside clean.

This is why Julio got so many targets because that Philly defensive front forced us into it we just couldn't run the football when we needed to.

Ps just a side note we did have 5 guys that got recorded catches in this game.

5 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I saw the exact same thing. Gronk’s catch was way worse than Julio. Heck, the catch made by Thomas for the Broncos to beat Seahawks was also just as bad. The nfl continues to show its incompetence.

Which is what makes me think the refs/NFL helped sway the outcome of this game. 

But man, you can tell Julio is a high character guy. Good for him taking the high road and not exploding. I'm sure he was pissed. I would be. 

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout be more effective running the football and then Ryan doesn't have to throw the ball 45 times spread the ball round fark me how bout wake up.

This. Everyone just tunnel visioning on the passing plays is fooling themselves. You're never gonna just drop back 45 times on the Eagles without an honest way to slow their rush. Just being delusional and ignorant or both. Or hateraid negative mental diarrhea.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This. Everyone just tunnel visioning on the passing plays is fooling themselves. You're never gonna just drop back 45 times on the Eagles without an honest way to slow their rush. Just being delusional and ignorant or both. Or hateraid negative mental diarrhea.

Tunnel vision 2's in front of your face the reality was our run game got shut down and MR2 decided I'm going to my guy.He had opportunities to go else where but to me his mind was made up.

I actually laugh at the doubters in Julios abilities to catch the football I guess non of these guys watched Antonio Brown stalk the sidelines like a petulant child yesterday against the Browns yes the Browns lol.

5 hours ago, caponine said:

but what about drops? huh , dropped a td in the playoffs and dropped passes again last week. He cannot score a td in the RZ, smh

Youre wong on this bro has his drops but that ball placement in yhe endzpne could have been better and the "dropped" pass as well. They better start moving matt around against teams like that

Our line is not good enough for him to stay in the pocket too long especially when we cant run.

What i really want to know is what happened on the int play.

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Or how about a draw or a delayed handoff or something to counter their rush. 

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Or how about a draw or a delayed handoff or something to counter their rush. 

I think traps are the way to go because fronts like the Eagles are big so you get them moving a certain way sideways then counter in the other direction.Once you get big bodies moving one way your using there size against them as changing direction is a bit tougher and it helps our smaller lineman as they should be more agile.

Trap them so they can't come back as mentioned above Levitre is the key as he has to seal that backside.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think traps are the way to go because fronts like the Eagles are big so you get them moving a certain way sideways then counter in the other direction.Once you get big bodies moving one way your using there size against them as changing direction is a bit tougher and it helps our smaller lineman as they should be more agile.

Trap them so they can't come back as mentioned above Levitre is the key as he has to seal that backside.

I think a qb like Russell Wilson would eat that misdirection game up. Good idea. Totally forgot about trapped. Used to hate it when I got trapped by o linemen in HS 

41 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout be more effective running the football and then Ryan doesn't have to throw the ball 45 times spread the ball round fark me how bout wake up.

there’s going to be times where running the ball will not work, in those situations you use the backs in the passing game and maybe use draws , delays , shovel passes