Julio pissed after the game

4 hours ago, athell said:

I think it goes back further.  I think SBLI broke a bunch of people's brains.  Heck, myself included.

That game broke all of us for awhile.

I've never completely forgiven Shanny for arrogantly outsmarting himself and Quinn for freezing up and not overruling him.

Probably never will.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, caponine said:

then tell OC stop passing ball to Julio 20 times a game, that’s not why they drafted ridley , really worked with the backs in the offseason and hooper. I can guarantee they are not going to win anything if they keep targeting him 20-25 times a game

Yes, you don't have all these weapons to take so many shots at one guy. You limit yourself by doing so,;why make the defenses job easier?

28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, you don't have all these weapons to take so many shots at one guy. You limit yourself by doing so,;why make the defenses job easier?

i agree, for this offense to explosive , the ball needs to be spread around. They basically let julio go off and said we are not gonna let anyone else beat us. Which they did, and it worked for them 

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Would have started the season with another 200+ yd game

With 2 TDs, albeit the 2nd one wouldn’t have been needed if we hit Free before or the one in question. That’s 14 points, plus our missed XP and suddenly we had at least 27 points on those 3 changed outcomes.

Julio is primed for a big year.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Julio will have a big year regardless, but hopefully he isn’t targeted 19 times very often.  Only 16 rushes (I think) and 19 Julio targets means we are one domensional.  I’d prefer a balanced attack with 6-7 people catching the ball and Julio breaking  their spirit with massive YAC

That’s the part I’m not worried about. We left 15-22 points out there between 4 plays(one being the XP) without a semblance of a running game and therefore our OL always being vs their fresh rush knowing we are probably passing/not able to use play action as much.

Moving forward I ageee with Matt saying we can convert those plays that were presented.

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Matt got demolished on the throw, but dont let that detur you from absolving Julio the #1 nfl WR from any blame for not being able to catch a ball. Mike Evans, antonio Brown, OBJ would have caught that cleanly 

Not to get in the middle of y’alls convo, but sker, my man — Matt’s been making stick throws while getting hit his whole career. 

That 2016 mythical year we all look back on the offensive line gave up the 6th most hits on the QB in the league. The only teams that were worse were the Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals, Colts and Browns.

This is what Matt does.

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Exactly the cb kicked that ball and made it move again. If julio would just catch it cleanly when it hit his hands this would be a non topic. Instead he repeated his triple clutch drop against the panthers. Idc how “difficult” that pass was to catch. Ryan avoided a sack and took a blindside hit on release to even give julio a chance and he dropped it right over top of him into his hands. People need to go watch the hit ryan took and the hits he took all game. Our oline is weak.

Ruh Roh, da huggers gone get mad when ain't smoochinin on em' now heah!

3 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Had he not bobbled it to begin with there wouldn't have been a convo. Just sayin.

It was Matts placement of the ball- if its thrown to the inside Julio doesn't have to look over his other shoulder -catches the ball for 6 most likely. Not piling on Ryan but some of those throws Were rediculous

56 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

If you want to know why the catch was bobbled look at Julio’s head. He got inside release which would usually mean a throw to the inside shoulder. He tracked the ball from the inside shoulder over his back to the outside shoulder. All while staying in bounds. Amazing play, ya bugging

Nah...had came back, made a Jarvis Landry catch and kept runnin...THAT woulda been amazing....

BE HONEST, think of the last time Julio caught a pass, ON A STREAK, OVER THE SHOULDER, and took it to the house... He ALWAYS falls down.

Just now, Diggable Birds said:

It was Matts placement of the ball- if its thrown to the inside Julio doesn't have to look over his other shoulder -catches the ball for 6 most likely. Not piling on Ryan but some of those throws Were rediculous

JULIO ALWAYS FALLS DOWN TRYING TO CATCH THE BALL OVER THE SHOULDER....EVERY time

58 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

If you want to know why the catch was bobbled look at Julio’s head. He got inside release which would usually mean a throw to the inside shoulder. He tracked the ball from the inside shoulder over his back to the outside shoulder. All while staying in bounds. Amazing play, ya bugging

People don’t understand this, how difficult that is. Julio did the same thing against the Bucs in 2013 and managed to catch it in the end zone. 

Julio is a freak for even being to adjust at full speed like that.

Non athletes will look at that like it should’ve been routine catch.

Imagine running full speed looking to your left and ball is thrown 5 yards behind your head to the right. 

Even if he cathes it cleanly that pass allowed the defender back into the play with Julio’s momentum taking him towards the sideline,  whereas if it was put in stride over the inside shoulder Julio goes in for a TD untouched.

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Was it ruled a catch at first?

If so, the original ruling is suppose to stand if it's 50/50 or not clear enough to determine either way.

It was ruled incomplete, and there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.  I watched the replay they showed and agree with the call.  I think he caught it, but you can't tell me with certainty he gained possession before it touched the ground and that it didn't move when it hit the ground.

Julio should have caught it clean and never given the refs the opportunity to review it.  It was perfectly placed, hit both hands, without the DB getting a hand on him or the ball.  There is no excuse for him bobbling that ball.

3 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

To be honest...the catch wasn't as clear as everybody was making it out be be. Very homeristic view. Any NFL fan(not Falcon related) would've said 50/50 on it.

My cousin played college football at Navy (actually sacked Matt Ryan in a bowl game, lol), is now one of Navy's recruiters, and is the biggest Eagle fan I've ever met. He texted me immediately, "Y'all got robbed."

43 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

JULIO ALWAYS FALLS DOWN TRYING TO CATCH THE BALL OVER THE SHOULDER....EVERY time

Look at 2:13 for what should’ve been on Thursday, check out the play after that and at 7:03 since he “always falling down”.

These are just TD grabs, not to mention the ones he catches that don’t go for TDs.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Not to get in the middle of y’alls convo, but sker, my man — Matt’s been making stick throws while getting hit his whole career. 

That 2016 mythical year we all look back on the offensive line gave up the 6th most hits on the QB in the league. The only teams that were worse were the Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals, Colts and Browns.

This is what Matt does.

Great point.  Matt and Kyle were very much in sync that year which led to Ryan being very confident, even under duress. Does not appear to be the case now, but we will know more a month from now.

Do you feel Sark’s plays take as long to develop as KS’s?  

Edited by Falconsin2012