tl;dr

Braves @ Giants

366 posts in this topic

Well it worked last time, so let's try it again! 4.5 up and the Phillies have the Nats. If we come out of this series still up 4.5 I'll be happy

Monday, 9/10 @ 10:15 PM

Newcomb vs. Rodriguez

Tuesday, 9/11 @ 10:15 PM

Folty vs. Suarez

Wednesday, 9/12 @ 3:45 PM

Sanchez vs. Holland

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm going to miss all these except for Wednesday. Weekday trips to the west coast are just not cool.

I'm going to try to stay up Tuesday night, but I have to be in the office early tomorrow. Not even going to try tonight.

Braves added Rio Ruiz to the roster. That leaves Wes Parsons, Adam McCreery, Luiz Gohara and Ricardo Sanchez as the only members of the 40 man roster not with the team. All 4 are eligible to be added at anytime though.

18 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves added Rio Ruiz to the roster. That leaves Wes Parsons, Adam McCreery, Luiz Gohara and Ricardo Sanchez as the only members of the 40 man roster not with the team. All 4 are eligible to be added at anytime though.

One will probably be DFA'd when Vizcaino is eligible to be added on the 16th. My guess is it will be the one that doesn't throw left-handed.

FF567, I know you'll have the answer for me in short time, but what is the record for the most before turning 21, and do you think Acuna can do it?

9 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

FF567, I know you'll have the answer for me in short time, but what is the record for the most before turning 21, and do you think Acuna can do it?

I'm trying to find a list but so far no luck and since I don't have a subscription to the play index on B/R, well it's making it hard. I can get you a list of teenagers? But seems getting a list of prior to 21 is hard to find. I can get you a list of most homeruns over the age of 40?

16 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Frank Robinson hit 38 as a 20 year old. 

23 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Frank Robinson hit 38 as a 20 year old. 

I'm willing to bet he was day 1 that season as well...thanks Unkn0wn...

I have to be up semi-early tomorrow and pretty early Wednesday morning. I'll miss Wednesday, but I'm going to stay up and pay attention. Hopefully I'll make it lol

Braves will add Viz on Friday. Jose Ramirez is a healthy shutdown. Braves want him to focus on being ready for 2019. It was apparent in his rehab outing that he just won't be able to get his arm ready to be effective enough this year.

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

My days start at 5 AM so there's no way I'm making it these first two games.

Mine start around 7/7:30 AM, so I'll be tired the next day. I'm also CT so there's that.

At 5 AM I wouldn't even think about staying up that late lol. We'll hold it down here though