Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Francis York Morgan

Alright, I'm down to draft DL the first three rounds of the 2019 year.

29 posts in this topic

Every team that gives us trouble in the NFL is built around stellar DLs. The Eagles proved it with their insane rotation, and the Bears are a different team with Mack. Vikings stifled us. Seahawks of 2013 and 2014 were famed for the Legion of Boom, but that DL was nasty. I want this line to be a bunch of monsters. I want that insane pass rush. I want it bad.

Even if this team finishes as a top 5 defense (and they very well might), that's #1 on my wish list. Make this defense feared and absurd and we'll win games, period. We have enough weapons on offense to not have to worry about beefing it up. If we continue to struggle, make changes...but I feel like they'll be fine.

I just know I want this kind of DL.

Vandy and ZoneOne01 like this

If Beasley played to his potential we'd have it right now. Takk and Jarrett are fine. But the 3rd linebacker spot is a question. And it would be nice to have a 340+ pounder to just clog the middle. Senat played well Thursday tho.

3 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

If Beasley played to his potential we'd have it right now. Takk and Jarrett are fine. But the 3rd linebacker spot is a question. And it would be nice to have a 340+ pounder to just clog the middle. Senat played well Thursday tho.

I'm not just talking starters, I'm talking the team that can afford having Michael Bennett and Chris Long as backups. I want this team to be terrifying. Beasley is just fine, even if he isn't a 15 sack guy.

Imagine a team with that old Jets DL (Wilkerson, Williams, Richardson) but with our LBs, DBs, and offense. That's a scary team.

I would say both lines.....our OLine is aging (Levitre and Mack mainly) and will be needing upgrading soon but I'm with ya

Edited by Norwood all the way!

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Brother, looking at the prospects for next year, you’re not wrong. DT, OG, C, and RB are good grabs so far

RB not as much as last year. So far anyways 

DT is soooo loaded. Same for DE, honestly. Wouldn't hate a high guard pick, just don't think we're as bad there as some think. Either way, I agree, let's build a bully.

Knight of God and Drew4719 like this

11 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I'm not just talking starters, I'm talking the team that can afford having Michael Bennett and Chris Long as backups. I want this team to be terrifying. Beasley is just fine, even if he isn't a 15 sack guy.

Imagine a team with that old Jets DL (Wilkerson, Williams, Richardson) but with our LBs, DBs, and offense. That's a scary team.

You can’t pay everybody 

Can’t have big money players at QB, WR, RB, OL, DL, LB, DB, & S

The Falcons don’t have that yet but they are a couple of resignings away from being there

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

DT is soooo loaded. Same for DE, honestly. Wouldn't hate a high guard pick, just don't think we're as bad there as some think. Either way, I agree, let's build a bully.

I want a dominant defense man. I love my boy Beasley, but he hurt my feelings Thursday. I think it’s time to shed the nice guy image completely and get some nasty folks. Should have traded for Mack...lol

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I want a dominant defense man. I love my boy Beasley, but he hurt my feelings Thursday. I think it’s time to shed the nice guy image completely and get some nasty folks. Should have traded for Mack...lol

Preach!

Knight of God likes this

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You can’t pay everybody 

Can’t have big money players at QB, WR, RB, OL, DL, LB, DB, & S

The Falcons don’t have that yet but they are a couple of resignings away from being there

We're already stuck with big money at most of those positions, except DL. So why not just go ham drafting there? Seriously. We've put big money down at every spot you've mentioned besides DL and LB, so just give Debo and Grady the big deals and load the f*ck up in the draft.

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Everyone talking about trading Beasley and a 1st for Mack, but - and this is dependent on if we'd still be on the hook for Tru's guaranteed money - I was pining for trading him and a first for Mack so Beasley could learn from Mack. Beasley was a monster learning from Freeney - imagine him learning from Mack and competing with him.

Again, I don't want to have a defense with a good starting DL, because we pretty much are that (Eagles OL is phenomenal). I want a team with a loaded DL. Having those two attacking off the edges would be nuts. I like Tru alright, don't get me wrong, but DL can compensate for CBs more than vice versa.

And yeah...Beasley had a solid first half Thursday, but he disappeared. He needs to show up and get mean.

I wanted to double dip this year but they went with a WR that made no impact in his first game.

Im hoping he improves but I wanted them to focus on the trenches instead of being flashy.

I mean they just experienced first hand what happens when you play a deep dominant dline and that makes things really hard. 

vitaman likes this

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

We're already stuck with big money at most of those positions, except DL. So why not just go ham drafting there? Seriously. We've put big money down at every spot you've mentioned besides DL and LB, so just give Debo and Grady the big deals and load the f*ck up in the draft.

Everyone talking about trading Beasley and a 1st for Mack, but - and this is dependent on if we'd still be on the hook for Tru's guaranteed money - I was pining for trading him and a first for Mack so Beasley could learn from Mack. Beasley was a monster learning from Freeney - imagine him learning from Mack and competing with him.

Again, I don't want to have a defense with a good starting DL, because we pretty much are that (Eagles OL is nuts). I want a team with a loaded DL. Having those two attacking off the edges would be nuts. I like Tru alright, don't get me wrong, but DL can compensate for CBs more than vice versa.

And yeah...Beasley had a solid first half Thursday, but he disappeared. He needs to show up and get mean.

Oh I just said I wanted to double dip at DT this past season.

I thought you meant via FA which you need to do to build dominant dlines.  I don’t recall any recently that were built entirely through the draft 

23 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Most of those teams are paying their qbs peanuts or were. Tough to do when qn isn't on rookie contract. Definitely have to find them in draft

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

Most of those teams are paying their qbs peanuts or were. Tough to do when qn isn't on rookie contract. Definitely have to find them in draft

Kinda what I said in the thread title, but yeah. I agree.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh I just said I wanted to double dip at DT this past season.

I thought you meant via FA which you need to do to build dominant dlines.  I don’t recall any recently that were built entirely through the draft 

Word, I get you. Definitely meant through the draft. Vikings are a solid example.

Just now, Jesus said:

What if those picks are Peria Jerry, Jamal Anderson, and Prince Shembo?

What if you had hands for feet or feet for hands? Bruh, Shembo wasn't even DL.

The point is having a stacked and deep DL should be (imho) a big priority.

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

Kinda what I said in the thread title, but yeah. I agree.

Word, I get you. Definitely meant through the draft. Vikings are a solid example.

Lol i had just finished typing and realized it lol.  Went through with it.

24 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Brother, looking at the prospects for next year, you’re not wrong. DT, OG, C, and RB are good grabs so far

RB not as much as last year. So far anyways 

DT is so stacked. I hope at least one falls to us. There’s 6-7 DTs worthy of a first round pick right now. 

Knight of God likes this

12 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Again, I don't want to have a defense with a good starting DL, because we pretty much are that (Eagles OL is phenomenal). I want a team with a loaded DL. Having those two attacking off the edges would be nuts. I like Tru alright, don't get me wrong, but DL can compensate for CBs more than vice versa.

I said the same thing about a week ago

Francis York Morgan likes this

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Finally people are starting to come around lol

Knight of God likes this