Chicago vs Green Bay

1 minute ago, Wjcorner said:

I’d expect fans of football to appreciate a great performance, but eh...I guess I’ll just avoid outer Falcons game threads

So, because I hate Rodgers and think he's getting too much credit for the play Randall Cobb made, I don't respect and appreciate that he played great tonight? Or is it because I'm not talking about how "HEROIC" Rodgers performance is because he played hurt?

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Fair point, but complainers and lacking constructive dialogue is a huge problem. Not just a pro or negative Ryan subject. That has nothing to do with 'cant say anything about anyone' I mean where would we be without the likes of a few posters such as @TheFatboi, @PeytonMannings Forehead, @vel and others?

That post was an exaggeration based on this thread, you got me there.

3 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

I’d expect fans of football to appreciate a great performance, but eh...I guess I’ll just avoid outer Falcons game threads

I hate him too.  I hate the way he carries himself.  I hate the smug looks he gives.  I hate the belt move he does.  I cannot stand the man.  That said, I respect the heck outta his game and watching him play the position the way he does is super impressive.

This place is super tense lately, which admittedly I have helped in, wouldn't take it too personally.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

So, because I hate Rodgers and think he's getting too much credit for the play Randall Cobb made, I don't respect and appreciate that he played great tonight? Or is it because I'm not talking about how "HEROIC" Rodgers performance is because he played hurt?

You’ve been crying for me to drop this but you’re still carrying it on :lol: make up your mind.

IDK how you feel bro, I never assumed nothing about you. Just told you all QBs get too much credit and Philly just dropped a Ryan pass for an INT not a week ago.

BTW! @Wjcorner guess you missed some of the posts I've made about Aaron Rodgers over the years and how great he is and blah, blah, blah. If I didn't respect and appreciate him then why would I go out of my way to praise him? I did that but I also hate him. Because like I said, both of those things can be true. And also, like I told @athell, it's more so I hate the way he is perceived in the media and by opposing fans, then the actual player himself. But carry on with the silliness.

Just now, athell said:

I hate him too.  I hate the way he carries himself.  I hate the smug looks he gives.  I hate the belt move he does.  I cannot stand the man.  That said, I respect the heck outta his game and watching him play the position the way he does is super impressive.

This place is super tense lately, which admittedly I have helped in, wouldn't take it too personally.

Clearly :lol: it’s all good though, I’ve been on deployment the past few football seasons, I forgot how this place gets with players who aren’t Falcons

Just now, athell said:

Nope. You can't do that. It's either one or the other. You cannot hate a player and still respect him. Those two things cannot both be true and exist. Why? Because @Wjcorner said so.

BTW! @Wjcorner guess you missed some of the posts I've made about Aaron Rodgers over the years and how great he is and blah, blah, blah. If I didn't respect and appreciate him then why would I go out of my way to praise him? I did that but I also hate him. Because like I said, both of those things can be true. And also, like I told @athell, it's more so I hate the way he is perceived in the media and by opposing fans, then the actual player himself. But carry on with the silliness.

:lol: again, I never said you didn’t respect him. You’re coming off desperate to prove that to me right now. Have a nice night bro

Just now, Wjcorner said:

:lol: again, I never said you didn’t respect him. You’re coming off desperate to prove that to me right now. Have a nice night bro

You all but said you cannot hate Aaron Rodgers because if you do that means you don't appreciate his performance. You didn't specifically call me out on that but reading the tones of your posts in this thread that is basically what you are saying.

You all but said you cannot hate Aaron Rodgers because if you do that means you don't appreciate his performance. You didn't specifically call me out on that but reading the tones of your posts in this thread that is basically what you are saying.

Nah :lol: I didn’t. I don’t leave my thoughts up for interpretation, I just say what I mean. Have a nice night 

6 hours ago, athell said:

That smug look he has from time to time is funny to me.

I dont know how you can be a fan of football and not appreciate that play Rodgers made last night. And honestly, not just the last play, but the whole second half. He was hobbled by a bad leg and came back from a huge deficit. He eluded pass rush from one of the elite rushers in the game and was able to hit his targets. That is not something just anyone can do. 

I guess if you're an NFC north fan you probably wouldnt appreciate it. 

Just now, Vandy said:

There’s plenty of objective, intelligent football talk in here....you just gotta know who to engage (and not engage) it with....

True. And some people just show up to complain after a loss but disappear when there is a win. Had Matt thrown a TD on the last pass of the game. He would still have caught crap for his pick.

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

True. And some people just show up to complain after a loss but disappear when there is a win. Had Matt thrown a TD on the last pass of the game. He would still have caught crap for his pick.

For real.

I mean, i’ll Slap around a whiny knucklehead for a post or two to make a point and for entertainment, but then I better move on. If I engage in 4+ pages in a back and forth pizzing contest with another poster in a game thread, then i’ve become Part of the problem.