South GA Bird

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Matt Ryan

180 posts in this topic

I know the Saints defense looksd like swamp trash today but you can’t help but be very impressed with Fitzpatrick’s poise, toughness, overall accuracy, game management and command of his offense.

On the other hand and 150,000,000 later Ryan was none of the above in game 1. I’m simply observing what I see and not overracting. Winston might have a tough time getting his job back if this success continues.

cblack and lostnmexico like this

Just now, lostnmexico said:

Yeah…..its amazing what a real offensive coordinator can do with talent.

I liked Koetter.

Agreed

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It's unfair considering it was just one game. Fitz played great, but he can't be expected to play like that all year, and same can be said about Matt Ryan. 

I’m just going by what I saw. Fitzpatrick had 3 roughing calls against him and he didn’t seem fazed by anything. That was impressive. I greatly hope we see a much more confident Ryan in game two. The Bucs as a whole played with a chippiness and fight that I like to see ina team.

datboilando likes this

Just now, South GA Bird said:

Agreed

I’m just going by what I saw. Fitzpatrick had 3 roughing calls against him and he didn’t seem fazed by anything. That was impressive. I greatly hope we see a much more confident Ryan in game two. The Bucs as a whole played with a chippiness and fight that I like to see ina team.

Definitely, if Matt played like how Fitz did I think everyone would be more than happy. But comparing someone's best career game to another man's worst really isn't fair. 

7 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Yeah…..its amazing what a real offensive coordinator can do with talent.

I liked Koetter.

Koetter isn't their offensive coordinator. He turned complete control of the offense this year.

gkgrimes likes this

Guys I’m not comparing careers or stats. I simply saying what I saw in game one. Yes next week will be a greater litmus test.  To go into New Orleans and win is impressive. For those yelling stop or compare careers or whatever that’s not what I’m doing here. 

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Koetter isn't their offensive coordinator. He turned complete control of the offense this year.

He still calls plays for Bucs, was never their OC after he became HC.

Just now, South GA Bird said:

Guys I’m not comparing careers or stats. I simply saying what I saw in game one. Yes next week will be a greater litmus test.  To go into New Orleans and win is impressive. For those yelling stop or compare careers or whatever that’s not what I’m doing here. 

The title of the thread is Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Matt Ryan. What’d you expect?

6 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

This is TATF. Common sense is rarely used

As I’ve stated twice I’m not comparing careers. If you knew nothing about either quarterback’s careers and with an unbiased opinion watched both qbs in both games is my comparison period. Fitz played with confidence and Ryan didn’t. 

quickzero likes this