mattyicefalcon

Atlanta Falcons Future Q.B

36 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Yeah, I’m positive that you’ve made a fair and unbiased assessment..:rolleyes:

Yeah and what have you seen in 2 games from Lawrence?  You are even more biased than me. 

5 hours ago, Atlchamp99 said:

It looks like the falcons honestly don't even know how to draft a QB or find a gem. Since matt ryan has been in Atlanta have they found a capable #2 that would one day be a number 1? Its been 10 years and they have yet to be able to get a QB in here that we could one day say he could be a #1 and lead this team somewhere. Its disgusting how Atlanta never game plans for the future at that position.

Tbh with Ryan coming behind Vick and the drama that brought I think Atlanta has never wanted a #2 qb that could cause people to stir for them to start over Ryan. I do think that our front office is able to competently draft qbs when the desire to comes around. It’s just never been perceived as a need. Also drafting a franchise qb late adds more risk to what is probably the most risky position to draft. We are in a good spot with MR2 but eventually the sun has to set and I think the F/O will be ready for that day. 

6 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No one called Jameis Winston the best athlete coming out of the draft, in fact it was just the opposite. For all his goofiness and drama off the field he’s been lauded every step of the way for his leadership on the field and poise.

Thank you.  Black =/= "athletic."  Winston is a pocket passer who has the ability to extend plays with his legs due to his size.  He's not particularly fast or agile.  He just has a really good arm and his best weapon -- his intangibles -- also happens to be his biggest downfall. He just makes poor decisions at the wrong times.

Watch the Hard Knocks season with the Bucs.  He drove Koetter crazy.  And not in the good "Favre drove Holmgren crazy" way either.

Winston still has enough upside to forge a career in this league if he can stop making bad decisions on and off the field.  He is a good leader.  He's got a good arm.  He can read defenses.  He just seems to make bad decisions at the wrong time (throwing into traffic near the goal line or grabbing a girl's junk during an Uber ride).

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

Yeah and what have you seen in 2 games from Lawrence?  You are even more biased than me. 

I’m from Rome, I’ve seen him play several times in high school. Sky is the absolute limit. I also saw Fields disappoint against Rome High last year.

So while the ‘dawg’ fan is saying that Fields is way better, probably just because he went to UGA, I've actually seen them both play in person. Good try, though.

1 minute ago, King Jigsaw said:

I’m from Rome, I’ve seen him play several times in high school. Sky is the absolute limit. I also saw Fields disappoint against Rome High last year.

So while the ‘dawg’ fan is saying that Fields is way better, probably just because he went to UGA, I've actually seen them both play in person. Good try, though.

So you saw him in high school and now he is the GOAT.  ok bias much? 

Edited by dawgsjw

Just now, dawgsjw said:

So you saw him in high school and now he is the GOAT.  ok bias much? 

Don’t have a dog in the fight, but having actually seen them both run offenses on an even level, I can say that Lawrence is much more impressive. Fields is an athlete, Lawrence is a quarterback. I even said that I was projecting their skill sets, but ignore that for your liking.