mattyicefalcon

Atlanta Falcons Future Q.B

36 posts in this topic

Trevor Lawrence - Clemson Tigers 

Yes, I called it first....just like I had predicted Jake Matthews pick way before draft started.

This has to happen...not sure how, when but, it will happen!

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Way too soon to be making such proclamations about 18 year old kids. 

Agreed. Having seen both of them play live and comparing skill sets, the ceiling projections are Luck and RG3. Take away the disastrous injuries and take away Luck’s history with god awful protection leaving him shell-shocked. Think back on all the hype on draft day, and this is what you’re looking at. Luck or RG3. I don’t know that Fields can be what Griffin was at Baylor, but I believe that Lawrence can be better than Luck.

Vandy likes this

Do we want the best athlete for a QB (too many schools and NFL teams keep making this mistake) or the best combination of leader and athlete? 

Fields has proven in high school and in his play at UGA to be a good athlete, but until he leads a game-winning drive, I am not convinced he is necessarily a leader.  Fromm is not going to outrun anyone but the guy led the team to a championship game in his freshman year.

The Bucs went with the best athlete in Winston and look at where it has got them.  Likewise, the Bills have already given up on Tyrod and traded him.

6 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Do we want the best athlete for a QB (too many schools and NFL teams keep making this mistake) or the best combination of leader and athlete? 

Fields has proven in high school and in his play at UGA to be a good athlete, but until he leads a game-winning drive, I am not convinced he is necessarily a leader.  Fromm is not going to outrun anyone but the guy led the team to a championship game in his freshman year.

The Bucs went with the best athlete in Winston and look at where it has got them.  Likewise, the Bills have already given up on Tyrod and traded him.

Tyrod was a backup to Flaco in Baltimore, they didn't draft him.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

No one called Jameis Winston the best athlete coming out of the draft, in fact it was just the opposite. For all his goofiness and drama off the field he’s been lauded every step of the way for his leadership on the field and poise.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

It looks like the falcons honestly don't even know how to draft a QB or find a gem. Since matt ryan has been in Atlanta have they found a capable #2 that would one day be a number 1? Its been 10 years and they have yet to be able to get a QB in here that we could one day say he could be a #1 and lead this team somewhere. Its disgusting how Atlanta never game plans for the future at that position.

19 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

It looks like the falcons honestly don't even know how to draft a QB or find a gem. Since matt ryan has been in Atlanta have they found a capable #2 that would one day be a number 1? Its been 10 years and they have yet to be able to get a QB in here that we could one day say he could be a #1 and lead this team somewhere. Its disgusting how Atlanta never game plans for the future at that position.

I whole-heartedly agree, especially with Ryan probably being done in a few years. Very few QBs are Brett Favre and Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Lol Mariota is the better athlete. 

1 hour ago, Atlchamp99 said:

The Falcons organization behaves like they know Ryan is going to last another 5 years guaranteed and it’s frustrating. The team is going to be caught with their pants down if they keep going down this path. 

Saying the Falcons don't know how to draft a QB is baseless. They won't spend a third round or higher pick on a QB as we are not a rebuilding team. Ideally, they would get a late round QB that improves but that is rare.

I did have some hope with Dominique Davis, but since Matt Ryan has been a Falcon I believe the best back up we have had is still Chris Redman or Matt Schaub. I would really like a young guy to be developed to be at least a very good back up.

Honestly believe Chad Kelly is going to be the next Rodgers.. I know the Broncos have him locked down as a backup atm.. But I'd like to see us make a play at acquiring him.. If he can grow up he's going to be a franchise QB sooner than later 

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

Yep I agree, Fields will be way better. 

Yeah, I’m positive that you’ve made a fair and unbiased assessment..:rolleyes: