fuego

Hall of fame quarterback Kurt Warner rips Steve Sarkisian’s offense

212 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

When Kurt says “outside defender” is he talking about the outside defender that was bracketing Julio?

I’d say yes. Warner seems to indicate Sanu should’ve been trailing into Julio’s space where the bracket defender was going to leave a void. Took a little longer to develop than needed seems to be the issue.

If that is his take, I agree. We’ve all called for quicker developing strikes. Remember the Hooper TD in preseason used play-action, but the miss to Free on our first drive was an easy “quick strike” outlet pass if Matt connects with a throw 1 yard closer to Free.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’d say yes. Warner seems to indicate Sanu should’ve been trailing into Julio’s space where the bracket defender was going to leave a void. Took a little longer to develop than needed seems to be the issue.

If that is his take, I agree. We’ve all called for quicker developing strikes. Remember the Hooper TD in preseason used play-action, but the miss to Free on our first drive was an easy “quick strike” outlet pass if Matt connects with a throw 1 yard closer to Free.

If that’s what he’s saying then that bracket defender was taken by Julio on one of those plays and left a void.

if he’s talking about another variation, a sort of x-under that I’m thinking about then I’d say yeah, ok. But like I pointed out Quinn in the presser referenced what they have in place for that situation, calling it th O-Zone where every throw has to go to the end zone... in which case that x-under type of concept would have been just short — as the concept I’m thinking of isn’t run at 10 yard depth.

Just looking back at the play I think he’s talking about, the outside defender he wanted Julio to run at was sitting at the 2 yard line.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

When Kurt says “outside defender” is he talking about the outside defender that was bracketing Julio?

Yes, had Julio took his guys and cleared out, and Sanu broke off at the 2 he walks in for an easy td.

giphy.gif

Ergo Proxy likes this

It's obvious that Sanu was the right read.  But with a better throw, Julio would have still scored a touchdown seeing how the main defender on the play had his back turned.

Bottom line is that Matt is playing timid and scared.  He's thrown so many interceptions in the redzone now that it's in his psyche...

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Yes, had Julio took his guys and cleared out, and Sanu broke off at the 2 he walks in for an easy td.

giphy.gif

This was the play to put the game away. Matt clearly telegraphed for Julio leaving Sanu open. If Matt can lead defenders with his eyes, why not use that to his advantage. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

41 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Should have been an easy TD anyway.  That outside defender #24 is ain't even thinking about helping to the other side to Sanu.

Agreed, wish we dI'd more of those plays during the game. By that point MR2 was clearly playing scared and locking on #11.

40 minutes ago, E. T. said:

This was the play to put the game away. Matt clearly telegraphed for Julio leaving Sanu open. If Matt can lead defenders with his eyes, why not use that to his advantage. 

Matt was hella pressured in his face on the side Sanu was on. However, if he made the right presnap read he may have had a chance to Sanu instead of tunneling on Jones.

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

If that’s what he’s saying then that bracket defender was taken by Julio on one of those plays and left a void.

if he’s talking about another variation, a sort of x-under that I’m thinking about then I’d say yeah, ok. But like I pointed out Quinn in the presser referenced what they have in place for that situation, calling it th O-Zone where every throw has to go to the end zone... in which case that x-under type of concept would have been just short — as the concept I’m thinking of isn’t run at 10 yard depth.

Just looking back at the play I think he’s talking about, the outside defender he wanted Julio to run at was sitting at the 2 yard line.

Is Sark actually running most of the same plays that Shanny ran, or has he morphed into his own concepts most of the time. ?  The plays just don't look the same, and other teams have receivers wide open all over the field, and especially in the end zone.  Our guys always seem to have a defender on their back, and seldom get YAC.  Something is definitely different.

falconut1991 likes this

3 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Is Sark actually running most of the same plays that Shanny ran, or has he morphed into his own concepts most of the time. ?  The plays just don't look the same, and other teams have receivers wide open all over the field, and especially in the end zone.  Our guys always seem to have a defender on their back, and seldom get YAC.  Something is definitely different.

He isnt relying on tc and the rb as much. No rb sweeps, tosses, draws, and sting and quick outs with coleman or freeman. Coleman criminally underused.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, osiruz said:

I was going to post this. Sarkosuchus may get a pass from the board cheerleaders, but if he hasn't gotten it right by game 19, he will never get it right. He is an incompetent Offenseless Coordinator and fans of our rivals are starting to catch on. We lose to the panthers 21-9 next week after our OL crumbles like Biscochitos.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/151281-falcons-have-their-own-mike-shula-lol/

LOL...anyone Hispanic would have laughed and understood that.

Osiruz likes this

On 9/8/2018 at 8:11 PM, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I don’t blame Sark one bit. I blame the man that hired him. Quinn handed over the keys to one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history to an unproven 2nd rate college coach. This is all on Quinn.

And I've been saying this all along in the same like no one's been hearing me

This has probably been shared here before, but I just saw it. Now I feel even more deflated about the rest of this season, and honestly amazed we've won the games we've won thus far during Sarks tenure. 

6 minutes ago, ChiefGSU275 said:

This has probably been shared here before, but I just saw it. Now I feel even more deflated about the rest of this season, and honestly amazed we've won the games we've won thus far during Sarks tenure. 

still valid points.  Sark uses concepts that look good after the fact or on paper, but he does nothing to set-up the offense to win.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I put this another post but if the problem is execution isn’t that corrected but coaching?

Problems with execution in ONE game is one thing... even two

But TWO seasons?  That’s coaching.

Add Ryan’s regression and the Falcons may have a serious problem.

Even casual fans I talk to are scratching their heads over the way the Falcons called plays agains the Eagles. Sark is the worst signal caller we have had since... Gregg Knap.... D'oh!

8 hours ago, E. T. said:

LOL...anyone Hispanic would have laughed and understood that.

I think you are the first one to catch that reference haha. 

12 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

still valid points.  Sark uses concepts that look good after the fact or on paper, but he does nothing to set-up the offense to win.

I think Sark is incompetent unless, like at USC , his team can just bully an inferior team with his bigger and more talented players.  The man has NO previous NFL experience for Pete's sake.  Another sad note to this video, Ryan is either on his back, or running for his life on most of these plays.  It surely looks like a long year.

17 hours ago, HMFIC said:

Same menu. Different chef.

Its the same stuff with a new wrinkle here or there to give it another look to throw at the defense. What’s different more than anything is we aren’t capitalizing on the opportunities when they’re there like we did before.

Byrdman242424 likes this

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Its the same stuff with a new wrinkle here or there to give it another look to throw at the defense. What’s different more than anything is we aren’t capitalizing on the opportunities when they’re there like we did before.

Then wouldn't that be on the coaching or the adjusted scheme ?

8 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Agreed.

The biggest difference is shanny was usually one step ahead of the D in his play calling (at least in 2016 he was). Sarks’s Just not there, at least not yet. 

9 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Then wouldn't that be on the coaching or the adjusted scheme ?

Matt Ryan overthrowing open receivers ain’t coaching. Just as an example, that double move to Julio that was ruled an incompletion; that was scheme that got him open.

That double move had been set up from the first play of the game with all those short outs, hooks and comebacks that we were throwing to Julio.

When you got a wide open receiver beat his man for a walk-in touchdown you gotta put the ball right on him if you’re an NFL quarterback.

There was another play we had two players on one to block an edge defender and it would have been a touchdown. And they couldn’t do it. I can go on and on but the opportunities were there. It’s up to the players to capitalize.

Byrdman242424 and Osiruz like this

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed.

The biggest difference is shanny was usually one step ahead of the D in his play calling (at least in 2016 he was). Sarks’s Just not there, at least not yet. 

If Kyle is the standard then we’re all going to be miserable because I don’t think he’ll ever get to that level — or anyone else you could possibly bring in here. Kyle is a savant. He’s playing another game than anyone else.

I heard him described like this a little while ago. 

In coaching circles, other coaches talk about him the way other musicians used to talk about Prince.

Osiruz, Vandy and Byrdman242424 like this

13 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

If Kyle is the standard then we’re all going to be miserable because I don’t think he’ll ever get to that level — or anyone else you could possibly bring in here. Kyle is a savant. He’s playing another game than anyone else.

I heard him described like this a little while ago. 

In coaching circles, other coaches talk about him the way other musicians used to talk about Prince.

I think that’s the biggest problem with all the ‘Sark must go’ threads. We had the best OC in team history in Shanny, it’s a no-win for anyone else who would have followed him, because most fans think 2016 should be the norm. 

I do think sark’s got plenty of room to grow though. He can be a top tier OC.